Author Topic: Gunslinger Girl Vol 7 (eng) release date?  (Read 4364 times)

Maverick375

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
Gunslinger Girl Vol 7 (eng) release date?
« on: December 21, 2008, 04:18:38 PM »
Has anyone seen a release date for volume 7 yet? ADV's site is crappy with ads and useless polls, and there's no mention of any GSG volumes at all. I'm guessing that Yu Aida & Co. and ADV have not been on decent terms.

I hate to get the jap version because I can't read it, though I could certainly use the language skills from learning how.

So... Anyone out there heard anything on the future volumes and their official US releases?

R Kenshin

• Bio Scientist
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
Re: Gunslinger Girl Vol 7 (eng) release date?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 12:06:33 PM »
i can't help you with that though i can tell you that if you want to read more gunslinger girl up to the end of volume 10 then you can read it online at "Manga Spectrum" Just type in Manga spectrum in google and you will find it.
Roar, Roar, fight the power

Maverick375

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 11:43:35 AM »
if you want to read more gunslinger girl up to the end of volume 10 then you can read it online at "Manga Spectrum"

Actually, I bought 7-10 in the japanese from Sasuga books (http://www.sasugabooks.com/) and after the first few hours tring to get past the first page, I just downloaded the unofficial translations for 7-9 on torrents, perfectly legal since I own actual copies.
   Volume 10's translation is not widely availiable, so I'm actually translating it as best I can using a combination of a kanji-search/translation program, Windows Character Mapper, and Babel-Fish.

First, this method is tedious, as I have to find the correct kanji and copy it and the approriate additional bits of the alphabet to babel-fish, then i have to try to make heads or tails of the resulting translation. As they say, Context is everything, and with that in mind, I don't think I'm doing all that badly. I only have the first five pages done so far, though.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:51:25 AM by Maverick375 »

Maverick375

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 12:24:28 PM »
Just read through it at Spectrum. Feels like cheating, but good to know how close I've been. Great Manga series.

R Kenshin

• Bio Scientist
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 08:21:46 AM »
I know this forum is long since dead <so are all the other ones though so i dont feel that bad>

apparently I heard ADV is going through tough times. However this past year I've been learning japanese. Almost done with my first year. After the second year I might even do my own scanlations! Excel Saga and gunslinger girl would be top on my list.
Roar, Roar, fight the power

Maverick375

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 07:17:16 PM »

Mr Crispy

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 12:10:24 PM »
Yen Plus recently aquired the liscence for Yotsuba (also formerly published by ADV and went on hiatus), so someone else picking up the liscence and releasing it isn't entirely out of the question.

Mr Crispy

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 09:22:39 AM »
Just in case people don't already know, Seven Seas rescued the liscence and will republish volumes 1-6 in two omnibus collections and volumes 7 and up in single volumes.

Omnibus one is slated for release in January 2011, and then the second following in May.

http://www.gomanga.com/manga/gunslingergirl.php