Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126088 times)

Mad Hatteress

Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #450 on: January 04, 2010, 06:22:17 PM »
Oh my god... I feel terrible for this woman in my ceramics class. So about seven years ago she was the envy of my class because she comes in one day with this super awesome carousel horse which was about two feet tall, three feet long, and came with a pole to put through so it can be displayed (it's very similar to what my kelpie looks like on my ceramics thread). In other words, this thing probably cost her big bucks and it looked gorgeous when she was finally done painting it.

Why do I bring this up now? She has a daughter in Kindergarten and a young son who I think is about three. While she was at work the husband was cooking lunch when the two kids went up there and the girl told the little boy to "ride the horse". Can you guess where this is going?

The damage wasn't as much as I expected but it's still bad since it's mainly internal. The horse will never be able to grace the pole ever again due to the break and basically she brought it to class so my teacher could take a look and see what they can do. It really doesn't look good. Incidences like this are what makes me so happy I'm an only child; I get to have nice things!

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #451 on: January 05, 2010, 05:31:48 AM »
That's sad... It's never funny when you put much effort into something and it breaks due to some trivial circumstances that could have been prevented if it was placed just a mater higher on a shelf or something...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 10, 2010, 06:22:32 PM »
Spoooooky story time! Today...
no, I don't think you're ready for it...
I mean, are you sure?
Well, ok, then...
TODAY...
 I saw a Maddy Doppleganger at a supermarket. I spotted this uncannily similar woman, then cross-referenced my find with my mental database, then was like whaaaaa?
You would look good in a lime green coat, fyi.
XD
Oh dear, too much cowbell.
FAR too much cowbell.
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #453 on: January 10, 2010, 06:26:38 PM »
I saw a Maddy Doppleganger at a supermarket. I spotted this uncannily similar woman, then cross-referenced my find with my mental database, then was like whaaaaa?
You would look good in a lime green coat, fyi.

O_o I... I have a lime green coat. Ask Micki!! I even told him lime green is my favorite color! I HAVE AN EVIL TWIN SOMEWHERE! Or is she the "good" twin? Hmmm...

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 10, 2010, 06:42:56 PM »
BAHAHAHA! *singsong voice* You have an Ohio clone, you have an Ohio clone!
Did you buy bread today?! DID YOU?!?!?
It WAS a spoooooky story after all!

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 10, 2010, 06:47:10 PM »
I wonder if i have a clone :O
Pick the right one Maddy ..!

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #456 on: January 10, 2010, 06:49:41 PM »
^YOU GET TO BED RIGHT NOW, MISTER! Seriously! Three in the morning! How are you keeping your eyes open!

And don't you worry! My heart's in Denmark!

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 10, 2010, 10:11:09 PM »
wahh, my car, which i only bought a month ago - has problems. It a European engine, so its a lot more expensive to service. How am i supposed to pay for school now? Zetsuboushda! Ohh, and my ebay thing didn't sell. They only have to pay $10 per book, damn cheapskates.

My soul is recoiling in horror. I watched some of Zelda the cartoon series, and it was soooo horrible! I read the description and thought it sounded funny, but i only giggled in a scene when link swang down on a vine holding zelda, and he drops her in the lake while he lands neatly on a rock ledge. She saids 'Nice job, hero.' and then link looks back and says 'Well, excuuuuuuse me, princess.' NO! Link should not say things like that. Nor should he leer at the princess and say 'smart' lines [like, you don't have a ghost of a chance beating me] while beating up bad guys. Gyaahhhh
BTW, i demand that someone here buys the EVA sneakers. I can't get shoes delivered in Aus.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 11, 2010, 05:02:54 AM »
Are you not slightly worried by the psychological side effects you'd get from wearing those sneakers ..?

Also, i did go sleep shortly after Maddy, blame my Norwegian friend, he kept me up for an additional 30 mins, something both you and him excel at doing to me...  :il_hahaha:

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #459 on: January 11, 2010, 01:59:30 PM »
BTW, i demand that someone here buys the EVA sneakers. I can't get shoes delivered in Aus.

... Oh my god, I don't believe what I'm seeing. (Am I really seeing this???) O_o Never knew there were EVA shoes being produced. I'll bet they have a hefty price tag, huh?

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 11, 2010, 03:38:30 PM »
Sorry about your car, Randamonian. That really sucks.
Haha, the old Zelda cartoon is truly for masochistic people. I feel bad for your brain. :D
It's been kind of weird: for the last few weeks I've been hearing a lot of Jem references. It all started after my cousin and I gave each other eighties makeup makeovers. I guess I became more aware of the references after that. :/ I blame the theme song for so many world problems.
TRULY TRULY TRULY OUTRAGEOUS

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 11, 2010, 04:48:43 PM »
i was a cam whore... now i am a VIDEO WHORE!!!

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 11, 2010, 10:11:36 PM »
I am intruigued, Micki!

ALSO, I'm about to be an aunt again, I think! Argh, right now I'm sitting around, about to stay up all night in anticipation. I wish someone was around to chitter chat with!
I even predicted that the kid would pop out on the 12th. I hope I'm right for my sis' sake! Long and/or fake labor=fail.

RARGLERARGLEFLARGH, this is nerve-wracking.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #463 on: January 12, 2010, 12:25:25 PM »
I'm anxious to hear a status report on this, Pample! Congrats if you're an aunt now!

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #464 on: January 12, 2010, 01:59:09 PM »
It's been kind of weird: for the last few weeks I've been hearing a lot of Jem references. It all started after my cousin and I gave each other eighties makeup makeovers. I guess I became more aware of the references after that. :/ I blame the theme song for so many world problems.
TRULY TRULY TRULY OUTRAGEOUS
lol! I can't believe I actually used to watch that show after school back in the day. Thing is, the music on most of the episodes was kinda catchy.

I always wished that The Misfits would destroy Jem And The Holograms big time. :eevil: Nothing against The Holograms though! I just wanted to see an all-out fight between the rival bands... Fists flying, hair pulling, nail scratching, Jem's holographic projection earrings getting damaged and exposing her true identity... bwahahahahaha.....
Yes, I'm weird, thank you. :lordilsmile: