Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126122 times)

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #420 on: December 23, 2009, 02:00:22 PM »
Just sat on my ass and can't think of anything on my mind at moment

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #421 on: December 23, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
Just got out of the shower recently and realized a car was in the ditch in front of the house. Some guys on their way back home from a hockey game driving too fast for the conditions - It's a snow covered road atm. Late model Dodge Avenger flipped on the roof taking in water from the ditch. Most importantly everyone's fine and is waiting for the tow truck.

*whew!* Glad they're okay being Christmas Eve and all!

Now just have to fix the mail box and the the garbage box at the end of the driveway. heh..

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 23, 2009, 09:08:58 PM »
I really feel no pity for people who drive like that. If people are too stupid to slow down and take it easy on icy, snowy roads, they get what they deserve. Seen so much of it already down here in Iowa, and so many of these people that pull this crap have been here most if not all of their lives. Now I feel bad for anyone stuck riding in a vehicle driven by such a moron, but the drivers themselves can help the planet and allow natural selection to skim them from the gene pool.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #423 on: December 23, 2009, 10:10:49 PM »
^heh.. It never fails to amaze how some peeps have the attitude of being indestructable and "It can't happen to me". I see examples of this all the time here as well and they can't seem to learn.

I'll have to admit, when I first saw what happened, I was angry because our property was damaged and because it was a stupid place to go off the road in the first place (straight stretch of road). I had the mail box freshly painted in the Fall and just replaced a few bolts on the garbage bin only a week ago... and then I see this. -_-

However, putting selfishness aside, I went outside and offered any help I could. More than anything, I was just glad they were okay.

And hey, the mail box lives!!! Turns out the 4x4 post only was up-rooted from the ground. The garbage bin needs a little TLC though, but it's good enough for now. Wish the driver had offered to repair it.. GRRR..! But then.. he has the punishment of having the roof flattened on his new Dodge Avenger. That gives me enough satisfaction right there. :eevil:

Also, if anyone knows someone who owns a Dodge Avenger, tell them to be careful with them. Considering a mere rural mail box mounted on a 4x4 post and a small wooden garbage bin made this car flip on the roof (seriously), they must be as light as a helium balloon! :il_hahaha:

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #424 on: December 24, 2009, 12:36:37 PM »
That reminds me of something my mother and I saw one winter. We were driving home while it was snowing pretty bad when suddenly this truck just zoomed past us. Moments later we saw him spin on the ice and end up in the ditch. There were other motorists around, and we didn't have cellphones at the time, so we just kept going and assumed someone else would call for help since it really didn't appear he was injured.

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 24, 2009, 09:49:45 PM »
I had a van back in to the street between cars on a snowy road one time.  I had no chance to stop, but luckily, I wasn't going very fast, and I drive a Volvo.  I'm convinced that Volvos can survive nuclear weapons.

Maddy, I love the Angry Beavers pic in your sig!  I still seperate the 'ed' from words sometimes.  "Oh, no, I am scare-ed!"

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, or happy whatever it is you may or may not celebrate!

E^D

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 25, 2009, 03:09:41 AM »
Merry christmas

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 25, 2009, 06:52:36 AM »
Merry Christmas, everyone! :ehail: :g_hail: :elhail: :lordilsmile: :im_nabeshin:

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #428 on: December 25, 2009, 07:27:19 AM »
marrah chrastmuz !!!

It was fun, nothing big, because it was just parents and siblings, in their tiniy living room... Still cozy and fun though...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 25, 2009, 08:35:56 AM »
The Pandimensional Santa Alien of Infinite Kindness brought me gifts! I WAS a good girl this year! :D
Hope everyone has a jolly holiday! And if you aren't having one, have a great big Pample hug instead!
Now I'ma gonna go eye up my laser tag set. It better work!
...I'm such a child at heart.
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #430 on: December 25, 2009, 04:21:50 PM »
Guys, just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

I hope it was a fantastic day for all and that ya got everything you wanted. Or at least got some great stuff you didn't even ask for.
AS long as it wasn't stuff where... you know, you open up your present and see something that has you endlessly scratching your head saying "What the flipping bloody hell is that supposed to be!??" :il_hahaha:

(Vets'll remember this pic from a few years back.) ^^;;

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 25, 2009, 09:46:53 PM »

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 26, 2009, 05:53:59 AM »
And all these years i thought they had bad taste over there... :o

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #433 on: December 26, 2009, 03:50:45 PM »
Oh man... I should've probably stayed in bed, but I've been there all day. I'm still really weak right now, but also super bored. Why? I was sicker than sick on Christmas. I have no idea how I made it through work with my... erm... "stomach issues" but it got even worse when I got home when I ended up puking nonstop. It was terrible; one second I was freezinf to death and the next I was burning up. Due to this I missed Christmas at my grandmother's and just today did I open my gifts (one of which was a new digital camera! Wooo!). I ended up calling in sick today, and I think I'll be fine tomorrow, but I want food, dammit! I've been restricted to broth, soda crackers, and popsicles so I'm starving.

Maddy, I love the Angry Beavers pic in your sig!  I still seperate the 'ed' from words sometimes.  "Oh, no, I am scare-ed!"

Oh, cool! It's neat to meet another fan! I really miss that show and wish it would come out on DVD. I actually put them into my sig because I was in Hot Topic and freaked out when I saw shirts of the show. I really love that store because they tend to get Nintendo, Alice in Wonderland, and retro cartoon shirts. I get great surprises sometimes when I go there. All the Twilight stuff is annoying but otherwise it's my favorite place to shop.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 26, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling bad, and that you missed christmas, i hope you got some cool presents though...
A new Digital cam sounds awesome !!! That means i can request all kinds of naughty cool new photos from you ..!

PS
Angry beavers are great, i feel like watching it now because of that sig... I wonder if youtube got any episodes of it :O