Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126263 times)

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #765 on: December 18, 2010, 12:09:32 AM »
Hey, i'm back. I'm glad to be back. I hate the beach, really.
Feel more energy and enthusiasum for life. not looking forward to work 2 days from now, but I get the week after off for Christmas break.

I made a few mistakes this year and I got to thinking about it. I really wanna do a lot in a year so I can look back and feel i've accomplished something. This year I worked, blew money I stuff I don't remember buying and slowly got loaded down with assignments. The course I'm doing is harder, but I didnt realise that and dídn't prepare, study or work as much as I needed to. additionally, I work about 8 hours, 4 days a week, which leaves me exhausted. To top it off, my co-workers act like working is life and not being there for one day puts you in risk of your job or leave yu in the poor house. I get too much influence from so many different people, it sucks!

But next year, i wanna push myself, now that I know what is in store for me.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #766 on: December 19, 2010, 07:41:53 AM »
I hate the beach, really.
heh.. Sure you do. And I believe that. :e_tongue:

I really wanna do a lot in a year so I can look back and feel i've accomplished something.
Same here. At this time of year I have the tendancy to reflect back on it to see what I've done. But I can't come up with much! I blame work for eating up so much time, but what can you do. It's a work to live and live to work situation with money making the world go 'round.

I need a long vacation away from work and away from the same four walls. Hope I can make this happen in the next year or two. That would be a nice accomplishment. :e_pleased:

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 19, 2010, 11:09:25 PM »
Yep, I wanna go away too. On my own terms and going somewhere I really want to. For short trips I was thinking of Thredbo in spring, maybe in fall going to the blue mountains. Long term, I think I wanna do my first international trip to England. Not too much difference I think, they speak english, right?

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #768 on: December 24, 2010, 06:14:54 PM »
^I would think so. :e_wink:

Happy Holidays Everyone! ^_^

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 25, 2010, 01:47:08 PM »
Merry Christmas  :egood:

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 02, 2011, 06:59:38 PM »
Ugh....after a semester of finally piecing together my work and a few weeks of contemplation, I've decided not to apply to CalArts this year:

1.) My portfolio is very mediocre right now. I might have passed my portfolio class with an A, but everything in it seems so weak, not to mention the sketchbook I was working on for it got sidetracked due to my demanding English class so it's only half complete,and that would not look good for admissions.

2.) I derped on the due date. I thought the deadline was January 10th, but it turns out it's the 5th, and I haven't even figured out how I'm going to ship my work safely.

3.) Portfolio day is in 2 weeks and I would love some more input on my work now that I have more diverse work. The last portfolio day I went to I only brought my life drawing newsprint work, so not only was it a mess to handle and skim through, it left most of the college representatives wondering how I applied my skills from life drawing to my works, so I kind of screwed myself over in terms of actual advice from the colleges I was interested in (although RISD can go screw themselves after the dubious and stupid treatment I got from them)

4.) It's going to cost me around $110 all together to submit my application and ship in my work; and I would have to go 5 months without my work until they're done looking at it. So if I'm going to drop that much money, I'd rather submit a more refined portfolio than give the old college try on some half-assed presentation.  

My teacher is going to be so pissed that I didn't even try to send it in. She kept telling me to just send it in because I might be selling myself short...but dammit, I want to look good! Not to mention that it's not my only choice of school...but damn, I'm still kind of feeling like I am screwing myself over a bit. :icon_confused:

On a lighter note: I wuv your Kneesock avatar, LordIl  :ehail:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 07:01:33 PM by Taste »

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #771 on: January 03, 2011, 11:15:15 AM »
^I can relate on wanting to do your best efforts. I never like going half-assed on anything if I have the time to put more into a project. A bare minimum 'A' might allow someone to get by, but will it really suffice in wowing the right people later on. I would say do your best efforts in what time allows you at this point. Yet at the same time, don't do the impossible either as time will always be the enemy... Find some balance. :icon_wink:

And yeah.. lol! Just trying to figure out what to make for a new sig pic.
==========================

Happy New Year 2011 Everyone!

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 03, 2011, 12:32:07 PM »
Yeah, Happy New Year everyone! Have some colored Volume 22 pages!

Found 'em on the Shonen Gahosha website. :im_nabeshin:

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #773 on: January 03, 2011, 01:25:17 PM »
^Full color too! :e_shocked:

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 03, 2011, 02:03:40 PM »
^Full color too! :e_shocked:
Yeah, apparently Rikdo sometimes colors in pages for the serialized single chapters in Young King OURS. I'd love to see all of them someday...  :iwata:

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 04, 2011, 12:09:16 AM »
^A luxury I feel we will never have. Unless Viz re-releases them maybe in a VizBig collection (which I doubt will happen considering it isn't hugely popular, but maybe in years to come, since they have the licence for ES) or starts releasing new volumes with colour. But, so pretty!

Ugh, I hate tourist season. My lame, quiet beach town full of old and poor people has been overrun with tourists from Sydney. They drive slow, take up all the spots at the shopping centre and crowd around the streets around my house. After work, It's a total pain. I drive rather impatiently, take roundabouts quickly and speed up as soon as I can, just cause I hate the drive home. But it only takes me 20 minutes - 15 today. And today was the first day back at work XD

As for you Taste, don't worry too much. It cool to take a year or something to put your work together. There's always something else/more you can accomplish in that time.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #776 on: January 05, 2011, 05:12:47 PM »
^A luxury I feel we will never have. Unless Viz re-releases them maybe in a VizBig collection (which I doubt will happen considering it isn't hugely popular, but maybe in years to come, since they have the licence for ES) or starts releasing new volumes with colour. But, so pretty!
I remain optimistic with the upcoming re-release of the anime. This could spark more interest in the manga. Maybe stuff will happen?

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 05, 2011, 09:10:50 PM »
I remain optimistic with the upcoming re-release of the anime. This could spark more interest in the manga. Maybe stuff will happen?
Good god do I hope so. Withdrawal symptoms, man, withdrawal symptoms!

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 03, 2011, 12:19:41 AM »
so quiet

ugh, today was hot. I'm certain it hit 40 degrees. doesn't help the power was out and we were stuck  with no fans in a greenhouse. Tomorrow is more of the same, but we should have powa.

Bought my parents an anniversary gift. They needed what I got them and I rarely get them things, so why do I feel kind of sick? Is it because I just used up my entire paycheck?
I think it was buying the warranty. When I bought my fabulous computer, which I dubbed Kleinwald, I got lectured by my mother and the saleman to buy an extended warranty. I got lectured for 5 minutes while I said flat out I didn't want one. My peircing gaze did nothing to them! It really was a horrible experience. I wish I never took her. I reluctantly got it, and bought it too this time, but  my mother said it wasn't necessary cause it was a cheaper laptop. Ugh, my stomach hurts. XC

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #779 on: February 19, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »
I'm looking for contest ideas for a giveaway. The prize will be a shiny, new copy of vol. 22.

Send some PMs my way if you think you have some thoughts on this. Nothing illegal please. :il_hahaha: