Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126231 times)

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #780 on: February 19, 2011, 03:12:44 PM »
I still think we should have a Kabapu cosplay contest. :kabapu-1:

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #781 on: February 20, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »
^I'd be all for it. It would be hilarious!

Still would like to hear more ideas if anyone has something.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 21, 2011, 12:13:13 AM »
How about a doujishi competition? A non-hentai one. We can do whatever we want, make a side story, cross over or alternate dimension story.
I can draw, y'know. It might be fun.

You'd rate in on various criteria - art, trueness to character, story, humour and creativity. Or whatever.

Whaddaya think?

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 21, 2011, 08:16:17 AM »
That's a great idea! Now if only I could draw...

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #784 on: February 21, 2011, 07:04:42 PM »
That's a great idea! Now if only I could draw...
That would be a concern of mine. Not everyone can draw.

But I do like your idea, Randamo.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 21, 2011, 09:40:21 PM »
i also thought of "bring E.S to life". For instance, a claymation, gif animation, slide show, movie whatever... something that brings life to a scene or something.

but I think it would take too much time and effort and people wouldn't want to do it.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #786 on: February 23, 2011, 02:51:07 PM »
^More great ideas. But yeah, I don't want anything too heavy-duty and scare people away. ^^;;

I'll give it the rest of this week for suggestions and announce the contest idea by this weekend so everyone can get started.
This should be fun. :ehail:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 02:53:08 PM by Lord Il »

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 25, 2011, 03:37:54 PM »
How about an ES scavenger hunt? The one who find the best piece of Excel Saga fandom on the net, wins. Best cosplay, or best fan art, best fan fiction, etc. The provisos being that any of these creations cannot have been generated by a member of this community, or have been used in any previous contest on this site.

How's that?

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #788 on: February 26, 2011, 05:38:39 PM »
hmm.. I have two ideas to wrestle with: An Excel Saga scavenger hunt, or a Kabapu cosplay contest..

I'll sleep on it. Final details will be given tomorrow.
And no worries as I'll be giving plenty of time for your entries.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 30, 2011, 12:24:22 AM »
can i whine a little bit about something annoying that happened today?

NO Good. While driving to work this morning at the glorious time of 6:40, my petrol light went on. Thinking that I'd just get petrol after work because the station is just down the street and I'm late as it is, I parked facing up a slope and went on my way to work.

8 hrs later.

What the hell? My car won't start. Had to get my manager to give me petrol from the fuel shed (I have to pay him back, even though he said it's fine, I will) and drove on to the petrol station. Got ma petrol at $1.61 a litre, which is ridiculous. (BTW, how much do you guys have to pay and if so, where do you live?) And my stupid card ran out of money! WHUT!? I had no idea where such money went, as last night I swore I had $95 dollars in that account. So I had to get the paperwork filled out and had to pay then in a day.... I drove home and back (This is peak traffic time) to find my internets bill went through today, even though they're meant to do it on the 24th... It took me 2 hours to get home. And it usually takes me 18 minutes...
RAWR!

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #790 on: March 30, 2011, 03:02:56 PM »
^Ugh..! Kind of a bad day for you, Randamo. Yikes!

I know on most cars the fuel light will usually come on around an 1/8 of a tank. I can usually do a fair amount of driving when that happens. But, yeah, I've often wondered what would happen if the car was parked on a steep incline with low fuel - Not good! I'm probably not gonna let that happen anytime soon. :e_wink:

I currently have to pay $1.29 in NS Canada. I thought THAT was bad enough. X_x Let's hope this 'Wacky' Gaddafi mess blows over soon.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 30, 2011, 05:35:51 PM »
Damn, those prices are absolutely criminal! World is corrupt, etc. :lordilvryannoyed:

I'll swing by the gas station tomorrow and tell you how much we pay here in Austin. Can't remember the actual cost at the moment, though I can tell you that they're definitely bad, but not as bad.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 31, 2011, 02:00:54 AM »
That store in particular is a rip off. Going home I saw another chain that had $1.54. Not good either. But this is the Diesel - the expensive-ish one. You can get Unleaded with ethanol or something in it, but I heard that it's bad for your engine. It's about 30c cheaper, but it doesn't last as long.

I feel better about it now. At the store I felt like crying a little bit, because that's never happened to me before. I pretty much forgot about it an hour or so after I got home. But it aggravates me to think I wasted petrol money to pay for the petrol I just used.

If I can say so, living in Australia is a rip-off. It really is. And you don't get much in return.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #793 on: March 31, 2011, 03:26:28 PM »
That store in particular is a rip off. Going home I saw another chain that had $1.54. Not good either. But this is the Diesel - the expensive-ish one.
Once upon a time it was diesel that was the cheaper fuel. Times sure have changed. O_o

But what's good for you, Randamo, is you have a bit of a choice in prices between chains. A couple years ago the government here brought in a fuel regulation that would prevent one chain from selling their fuel any more or less than their competitors. As a result, there's no more choice.. and no price wars at the pumps - every station has the same price in their city/county. Every Friday the fuel prices are either raised or lowered according to the weeks' price of crude what the greedy sonuva bees want. The prediction is one extra cent for us tomorrow.

If I can say so, living in Australia is a rip-off. It really is. And you don't get much in return.
  :e_shocked:

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 01, 2011, 07:02:53 PM »
 :e_shocked:

wut?

ask anyone... if you're ever a tourist, you pay alot.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:05:05 PM by Randamo »