Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126307 times)

Pointless

• Metal Tiger
  • Unemployed
  • Inadvertent Point
    • View Profile
    • NIL
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #810 on: May 22, 2011, 08:13:16 PM »
NO. I died - fortunately it wasn't fatal.

We're not out of the woods yet, since the Gregorian calendar jumped ahead 10 days (March 11 to March 21) in 1582 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_calendar). We need to wait a couple of weeks, just in case!  :hpleased:
Our Minds exist only in virtual reality.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 23, 2011, 02:16:27 AM »
wut.

SWamP

• Unpaid Translator
  • Toilet Cleaner
  • In your house, cooking your pets.
    • View Profile
    • Efexsagá
« Reply #812 on: May 23, 2011, 01:31:12 PM »

Pointless

• Metal Tiger
  • Unemployed
  • Inadvertent Point
    • View Profile
    • NIL
« Reply #813 on: May 23, 2011, 08:17:39 PM »
Wut wut?
The End of the World was "predicted" with earthquakes and exciting stuff like that.
Our Minds exist only in virtual reality.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #814 on: May 24, 2011, 02:38:04 PM »
Wut wut?
The End of the World was "predicted" with earthquakes and exciting stuff like that.

Ooo, and don't forget the Icelandic volcano eruption. :e_wink:

Anyways, I feel pretty fly for a supposed dead guy.
:icon_mrgreen:

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #815 on: June 16, 2011, 01:42:33 PM »
It's purty quiet 'round these parts lately..

My online time has been cut down significantly with playing HyperDimension Neptunia. Not an overly great RPG, but it's got enough going for it to keep me interested.

Meanwhile, the Duke awaits at GameStop. I'll probably pick it up this weekend. Reviews have been mixed about it. hmm..

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 16, 2011, 06:37:21 PM »
Meanwhile, the Duke awaits at GameStop. I'll probably pick it up this weekend. Reviews have been mixed about it. hmm..
If by "mixed" you mean "horrendous." :il_hahaha:
Personally, I love it. It's not a masterpiece, but it's tons of fun and also hilarious! On my second playthrough right now. :im_nabeshin:

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #817 on: June 16, 2011, 07:54:07 PM »
It's not a masterpiece, but it's tons of fun and also hilarious!
I've been hearing that a lot. It's gotta be true!

I've also heard that Duke's one-liners are just as good and cheesy as ever. :ehail:

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 17, 2011, 11:37:28 AM »
I've been hearing that a lot. It's gotta be true!

I've also heard that Duke's one-liners are just as good and cheesy as ever. :ehail:

Oh, definitely! I think you'll enjoy it. :)

Reviewers have been slamming Alice: Madness Returns, as well (albeit not as hard). I would honestly call that game "amazing." The story is excellent, the gameplay great (if you like 3D platformers). The graphics are totally beautiful, too. Real "wow!" factor there.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 19, 2011, 11:33:41 PM »
It HAS been quiet around here. C'mon guys, say anything, even if it's stupid and makes no sense. That's what I do all the time.

Hey, guess what? I passed my driving test and got my green P's. For those of you who don't know how the driving system works in Aus, let me enlighten you. Ahem.

First, at age 16, you can take your first test to  get your L plates. This test is a general road rules test on the computer. You have to read a 200 pg booklet of the road rules before you do this 20 question test.

Once you do that, as a learner, you can now drive. Congratulations. You have to be a learner for 18 months and log up to 120 hours in another booklet. You have to do at least 20 hours at night. As a learner, you have to have a fully-licenced passenger to tell you what to do. It can be a parent, teacher, whatever.

Then you take a driving test with the RTA, who sits in your car and tests your skills for a while. I performed the most perfect parallel park during mine. If you pass, congratulations, you are a red P.

As a red P, you can now go 90km an hour at maximum, and drive unsupervised. 12 months later, you do the HPT test, which is a computer test that test you on reaction speed and proper decision making in simulated environments.

I passed, so congratulations to me. I can be a green P for 2 years and go 100km at maximum. This is also the group of drivers notorious for getting into accidents and generally being jerks on the road. I'm gonna be a target for the police now.

During all this time, you cannot be found with alcohol in your system and that includes medication. You also can't have 2 passengers or more in your car after 11PM.

Stupid punks.. if they didn't act so crazy, I could've had my licence alot quicker.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 20, 2011, 12:37:16 PM »
As they say it's better to be safe than sorry.  Saying that i'm 32 and I don't even know how to drive, I have just been to lazy, keep getting pester to learn, and currently going through an ucking work restructure where 300 of us lucky souls have to reapply for our bloody jobs, supposedly to increase customer performance or some bull crap.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #821 on: June 20, 2011, 04:25:17 PM »
It HAS been quiet around here. C'mon guys, say anything, even if it's stupid and makes no sense.
Definately.

Let us know you're alive and kickin' and whose mailbox you blew up yesterday.. that kinda stuff.
:e_tongue:

Stupid punks.. if they didn't act so crazy, I could've had my licence alot quicker.
Randamo, do I ever know what you mean. It's getting more strict to apply for a drivers license here too. Not only that but you have to factor in car insurance as well. Younger (new) drivers in general are stereotyped as being a 'high risk' group and are treated as such by having to shell out tons of money to be insured for the road. I've heard some insurance companies will actually refuse to insure younger drivers. Discrimination has gotten pretty bad.

My congrats on passing your driving test to get your green P, though. :ehail: So after two years, is there another, higher designation after green P?

As they say it's better to be safe than sorry.  Saying that i'm 32 and I don't even know how to drive, I have just been to lazy, keep getting pester to learn
It's really not that big of a deal. Especially if your local transit system is really good. Owning and driving a vehicle can be a huge expense and a pain in the arse. More power to those who don't need to drive, that's what I say. Get your drivers license only if you yourself want it.

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 20, 2011, 07:49:33 PM »
I'm in a chitin' and a-chattin' mood this evening!

Here are some things that have been on my mind.

If it is too long for your attention-span,

X^D

My general outlook on life, right now, is simple:  I know who, what, and why I am, and I enjoy it.  I've always been an eccentric geek, and always treat friends as family, and family as friends (well, try to, on that last one).  It's a bit more difficult with family, but I've pretty much figured out my aunts', uncles', and cousins' personalities (and it only took 31 years of life to do so!).  I love them, because of their strengths, and in spite of their faults.

Which brings me to re-connecting with my brother (while not by blood, we lived and grew up together).  He was a kind of lost for a while; on the wrong side of fate, as it were... I decided to back off a bit, for his own sake.  Becoming a father (twice) has matured him very much.  He's a wonderful father and I'm looking forward to his younger daughter's 1st birthday, in July.

They have an uncle that they've never met, and I want to change that.

My younger sister graduated high school, with an AWESOME 3.8-or-9-something GPA, so I sent her a *hot pink* DSi, WITH Super Scribblenauts and Animal Crossing: Wild World, PLUS! a screen protector/extra stylus pack.

I knew she wanted a DS (or DSi), but she was ecstatic!   :e_pleased:
My dad said that's all she talked about for the whole week of her graduation.  :hpleased:
Then I talked to her on the phone, and she was like:  "Oh my gawd!  Thankyouthankyouthankyou!  I went to GameStop, and got all kinds of cheap, used games!"

"Oh, and I got an awesome pink plaid case for it!"   :elcool:

Sometimes, life is just as simple as the *perfect* gift, or a phone call to make someone's day, or just re-connecting with someone.

E^D

Pheelin' philosophical...

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 20, 2011, 11:24:18 PM »
Excellent post, E^D Crow. Always great to hear when things go completely right for someone. :)
In other news, apparently my Mars Of Destruction review has become copypasta. I feel so honored. :elhail:

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 22, 2011, 12:27:40 AM »
I make a little post and suddenly everyone wants to talk. You all just need encouragement don't you?

Nice to hear you're in a good place E^D crow.

As for passing the Green P's Lord Il, it's a long written test that if you pass, you're a fully licenced driver.