Author Topic: Uncreativity's Shiny New Thread of Spoilers and Spoiling You (SPOILER WARNING)  (Read 35956 times)

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
It's been awhile since I've done this, and I kind of miss it! I am one issue behind the Japanese release and I have ~rudimentary Japanese skills~ so ASK ME ANYTHING.   :lordilsmile:

SPOILER OF THE MOMENT: Because the Excel/robots bond isn't confusing enough, Excel is now in the body of the Excelinator. ULTRA-CONFUSING! :e_shocked:

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
Gawhaaaaaat??? Well, I suppose nothing is extremely unlikely in Excel saga... So have there been any Robo-Excel/Iwata fights? Because that might break the city, not to mention Matsuya, Watanabe, Hyatt, Elgala, and Sumiyoshi. Heh... How about any more about Miwa's role?
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
No, Robo-Excel is a VERY recent thing that just happened in the last chapter. Excel does have a cool fight with Misaki beforehand which confirms that she can (somehow) nullify their weapons (this happened once before, when Iwata tried to shoot her in volume... 10, I think?).

As for Miwa... well, she's been shown to be puppetmaster to both Kabapu and Il Palazzo. (Though she doesn't seem to like either of them all that much, haha.) I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say she's the true villain of the series.

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
Ah, I forgot about the whole weapon neutralization during the fake-idol bit. Makes sense...

As for Miwa, that bit of tantalizing news makes me exceedingly happy.

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
Miwa is a very exciting character. I still think she is really Shiouji's dad, but there's no tangible evidence for that (unless it's buried somewhere in the mountains and mountains of Japanese I haven't attempted to read yet).

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
Well that confirms my guess that Miwa is the puppetmaster. Now, the only question is to what ends? Also, given what was happening with Excel in Vol. 19 and how she seemed to have a sympathetic reaction to Shiouji's tinkering with Nishiki, I figure she is not natural herself.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
I have a peculiar question: has Momochi had a more prominent role in anything? 'Cause I am still rather suspicious of her...

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
Hopefully I'll uncover more about Miwa as I go... I've been trying to read through the books starting with chapter 20, but I'm not very fluent, so it's a long and tedious process.

It's tempting to spoil the funnier jokes and dialogue exchanges, but that's just cruel, I think.  :il_hahaha:

I have a peculiar question: has Momochi had a more prominent role in anything? 'Cause I am still rather suspicious of her...

I don't blame you! But no, she still hasn't done much of anything beyond just being her suspicious self.

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
CHAPTER 156 SPOILERS

Il Palazzo shows up and takes Excel (still in the robot body) back to the base. (Text on this page isn't anything special; Excel is hailing him and Misaki is going, "DON'T!")

Shiouji returns home with Elgala and Excel's now-comatose actual body. He and Misaki tell Elgala about Teriha and robots. Miwa and Kabapu make evil faces, but I haven't bothered to read what either one of them are saying.

At the end of the chapter, Elgala goes to break the news to Excel that she is now a robot. For her part, Excel seems pretty darn okay with it. I see the word "convenient" in there.

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
Basically, yes. Excel is fine with it because she has Il Palazzo's approval now.

Elgala is under the impression that Excel's real body will die if she says like this, but Excel seems all right with that, too.

Mad Hatteress

^Gosh that's depressing... All Excel basically lives for is Il Palazzo.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
It has to be one of the most extreme cases of an unrequited love situation I've ever seen. O_o

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile

Well... yeah. That's been the case since the first chapter of the first volume. Hell, that's been the case BEFORE the first chapter of the first volume. lol daitenzin

Mad Hatteress

^ I know but at least at the time he hadn't abandoned her, so I could tolerate it.

So... Does it seem like the series will be coming to a close, soon? I'm still really enjoying it but I'm curious. There'd better not be a ton of questions that are left unanswered at the end, though; I hate when author's do that.

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
I will say, I don't think Il Palazzo's intent is malicious. He doesn't understand Excel; he has yet to figure out that she's incompetent, for one, and I doubt he even realizes that she loves him. And he's not only completely freaking nuts (I'm not convinced that both of his personalities even realize he HAS abandoned Excel), but is also completely under Miwa's thumb right now, and probably has been for a longer time than anybody suspects...

BUT ANYWAY.

Yes, the series is undoubtedly drawing to a close. I don't know how much longer it will take, because it's just a slow-paced manga, but MAJOR THINGS have been happening nearly every chapter lately.