Author Topic: Portal 2  (Read 4565 times)

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
Portal 2
« on: March 17, 2011, 04:16:02 PM »
I noticed there was no topic about this.  That must be rectified.  Here's the demo vid from PAX plus a short interview by The Spoony One.

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2011/03/16/pax-east-2011-portal-2/#comments

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
Re: Portal 2
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 03:33:02 AM »
I wanna get it. i want it on ps3 but i don't have one. I'm reluctant to go into my travel savings for a ps3 and a game that costs around $80 (the price seems even more ridiculous when you consider the Australia dollar is actually higher than the US at times).

Are you a Spoony fan? Several months ago i got into his reviews and watched and read alot of them. That went on for a month and then I dropped them. I get obsessed and move on real quick.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 08:45:29 PM »
$80 (the price seems even more ridiculous when you consider the Australia dollar is actually higher than the US at times).
hmm.. That is ridiculous. And the Aussie dollar has been very close to Canadian lately. Prices should be falling a bit.
-----------

Just a little less than a month away. Niiiice! This is great news. I'll be on this like a fly on
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Despite being so short, Portal remains as one of the best and most fun puzzle type games I've ever played. The promise of Portal 2 being twice the length is exactly what was needed.

The new bouncing gel stuff is weird. O_o But new play elements are good.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 03:03:54 PM »
GameTrailers.com gave Portal 2 an overall 9.0 in their review. They feel Valve have lived up to the promise of a far larger sized game. Seems to have a lot of personality to it as well. I'm excited.
Should have my copy by this weekend.

Ah, GLaDOS. You're still alive, my old friend. Soon it will be time to take out the trash. ^^

@Soske: I'm interested in your thoughts on Portal 2.

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 08:18:40 PM »
GameTrailers.com gave Portal 2 an overall 9.0 in their review. They feel Valve have lived up to the promise of a far larger sized game. Seems to have a lot of personality to it as well. I'm excited.
Should have my copy by this weekend.

Ah, GLaDOS. You're still alive, my old friend. Soon it will be time to take out the trash. ^^

@Soske: I'm interested in your thoughts on Portal 2.

I plan to have a video review done in a few days, but as of now I've beaten the single player and I loved it.  It's as funny, if not funnier, than the first one, the puzzles have a good balance in the difficulty, and the final battle does not disappoint.  The only thing I didn't like is that while it is longer that the first one, it was still pretty short, taking me about 5 hours to beat.  I have yet to try the co-op.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 09:57:43 PM »
It's as funny, if not funnier, than the first one
Y'know, while the first one was funny and definitely had its moments, I never really understood why everyone thought it was one of the most hilarious video games of all time. With Portal 2, on the other hand, I've laughed out loud at nearly every line of dialogue.

I'm on Chapter 5 right now. Grade A++ experience all around.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 06:16:31 PM »
Good to hear that things are favorable so far.

ooo... Can't wait!

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 01:45:55 PM »
HOLY SHIT THE ENDING IS AMAZING!

One of the top 10 games I've ever played. It's short, but it's totally worth the $50/60. Can't wait to start playing co-op!

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 07:11:39 PM »
I agree with you Foggle about Portal 1.

The lines were great, but I never felt like quoting them nor did I laugh out loud.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 08:27:37 PM »

The lines were great, but I never felt like quoting them nor did I laugh out loud.

The witty and dark humor of Portal 2 easily blows Portal 1 out of the water. I find myself just wanting to read every poster on the walls for the lolz.

Damn, I love this game. I don't want it to end!

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »

The witty and dark humor of Portal 2 easily blows Portal 1 out of the water. I find myself just wanting to read every poster on the walls for the lolz.

Damn, I love this game. I don't want it to end!

I didn't, either! But let me tell ya, the ending is actually one of the best parts! Absolutely amazing. :lordilsmile:

incarta

• Flying through the air like a tomahawk missle
  • Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 12:13:56 PM »
Got it this morning. Very good so far. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't spoil the ending!
SIGNATURE!!!!!!!! ....YEAH!

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 03:26:14 PM »
I feel as though I marathoned through a lot of it. But I've slowed down playing it lately because.. well, as I've said, I don't want it to end! :il_hahaha:
On the upside, there IS the two player co-op to look forward to.

Spoiler: For weirdness (click to show/hide)

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 10:40:33 AM »
I just played/beat Portal 1 last week, and to be frank I was quite disappointed. I beat it in about 2.5 hours. I literally thought I was beating the intro-/training to the game, and then the credits started. The concept was cool and puzzles were okay but way too easy, which is why the whole time I was waiting for the REAL game to start (not the training mode that I thought I was in). Unless someone can convince me Portal 2 is much much better and more difficult as a puzzle game, I'm not very interested.