Author Topic: Binbougami Ga!  (Read 1509 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Binbougami Ga!
« on: July 23, 2012, 06:21:07 PM »
Binbougami Ga!
I like a weird and random series once in a while and Binbougami Ga! is a series which recently grabbed my attention for such reasons. It's also littered with parodies everywhere. But at the same time it does indeed have a plot to it all.

Ichiko Sakura is a sixteen year old girl who seems to have it all.. wealth, beauty, brains and happiness. And with this she has unusually high amounts of good fortune. In fact, she is inadvertently pulling away all the good fortune from everyone else around her. This creates a large and potentially dangerous imbalance of fortune between herself and the world around her.

Momiji, a poverty god in the Realm of Misfortune, is dispatched to correct the situation by any means necessary to restore balance. Her right arm is wrapped because it's extremely dangerous to anyone when exposed (the reason for this hasn't yet been explained fully). Many times she is seen with a giant syringe which is used to extract Ichiko's good fortune in order to give it back to others. Momiji easily steals the show with her energetic randomness and the funny confrontations she has with Ichiko.

And as I've said, parodies run amuck in this series. I've seen stuff from To Love-Ru, Pokemon, Rosario+Vampire, Doraemon, Lupin The Third, Dragon Ball Z, Naruto............. That's just the ones from the top of my head and actually knew of! :il_hahaha: Some parodies seem a bit forced at times, but it doesn't bother me too much. I've been having fun watching this.

Interesting to note that Funimation already has mention of this series on their site as "Coming Soon" and is streaming subbed episodes as they become available..
http://www.funimation.com/binbogami-ga
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:18:15 PM by Lord Il »

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
Re: Binbougami Ga!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 09:43:32 AM »
You caught my interest when you mentioned parodies, I looove parodies, there's a bunch of other shows I should catch up on though :o
I better keep it in mind though, like on a list or something..!
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'