Author Topic: rumiko takahashi  (Read 5231 times)

Pennyroyal Tea

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
rumiko takahashi
« on: January 23, 2006, 10:01:56 AM »
how many people are into the stuff she  creates or who is your favorite if its not rumiko
ttp://www.animegalleries.net/img/148389

Jinzaki

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
    • View Profile
rumiko takahashi
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 12:39:57 PM »
Hm, I've only really read ranma by her, but that was quite funny.

Must Read Inuyasha...

Shouldn't this be in the manga section?

*moves*
For the last, time, it's a panda...

Pennyroyal Tea

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
rumiko takahashi
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 12:03:22 PM »
yea  sorry about that

That Gomez

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
rumiko takahashi
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 11:28:35 PM »
As far as Ms. Takahashi's manga, all I've read so far are the first two volumes of "Ranma."
It's cute and funny, and all that, but it doesn't look like something that will hold my attention over the course of several dozen volumes.

"Urusei Yatsura", her first big hit, is a standout old school anime title. You could think of it as "The Simpsons" of Japan.

Unfortunately, "Urusei Yatsura", in manga form, isn't available in English. Viz had a version out that condensed the series into left-to-right reading volumes with Americanized translations. These are now out of print.

I was able to pick up the first volume translated into French. I can't exactly read French, but I can get the gist of things. I picked up the second volume in Japanese, which I can't read at all. I've seen the animated versions of these same stories so I can follow them. However, for the stories I haven't seen, Takahashi's artwork and visual storytelling are very clear and well defined. She's able to express so much of her plot and action through the artwork itself.   She's definitely a great talent.

According to something I read once, Rumiko Takahashi is one of the top taxpayers in Japan in the entertainers category.

Pennyroyal Tea

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
rumiko takahashi
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 05:02:14 AM »
yea shes one of my favs her rikudo akumatsu the guy who did battle royal i cant think of his name right now

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
rumiko takahashi
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 05:00:34 PM »
Quote from: "That Gomez"
According to something I read once, Rumiko Takahashi is one of the top taxpayers in Japan in the entertainers category.
Yep. Thought this to be quite interesting. Just recently read an article about that.

Source... http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6753

Obviously she's done very well for herself.

Just like all of us, the taxman cometh and the taxman taketh away.

IceBull

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
rumiko takahashi
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 10:17:54 AM »
I've only read the first 5 volumes of InuYasha (but I've seen most of the anime) and I really love it. I like Ranma 1/2 much more then I like InuYasha. I own the first 7 volumes of Ranma 1/2 and I've seen next to all of the anime. I hear the manga goes farther then the anime. ^^; I've never really bothered to read Urusei Yatsura or Mansion  Ikkokou (sp?).
quot;No use regreting the fish eegs from before." ~Minako Aino

Kirbie

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
    • http://www.weallloveexcelsaga.blogspot.com
rumiko takahashi
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 03:45:46 PM »
I've read some Ranma, first year of Uni was spent watching hundreds of Ranma episodes, but since then I kinda lost interest.

Tonzura koite!

keitaru

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
rumiko takahashi
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 11:59:51 PM »
i collected a bunch of the lum comics back in the late '80's and i remember reading bits of maison ikoku in the early and mid '90's, but as for ranma and inu yasha, well, i saw most of ranma in anime form and i catch inu yasha every once in a while on adult swim, but i don't follow any of her series too closely.
'm not older than dirt.
dirt has me beat by at least a month.

navean

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
rumiko takahashi
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 10:50:18 AM »
I liked the Ranma manga better than the anime.  You should read some of it at least, keitaru.  Although, in true Takahashi-san fashion, it's really long >.>
color=darkred]*Squee!*[/color]

Krull

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
rumiko takahashi
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 12:38:26 PM »
Urusei Yatsura;Raman 1/2 I've read at least 7 to 12 Vol. of each,thing is it get's boring after awhile....this is one of her main flaws.

She is good though in the fact she can write anything from horror to comedy and make it good :shock:
url=http://xs.to][/url]

Pennyroyal Tea

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
rumiko takahashi
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 09:36:58 AM »
Yeah I've pretty much read all of Ranma seen most of inuyasha, and am currently reading maison ikkuko

Railun

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
rumiko takahashi
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 10:08:51 AM »
I've read all of the ranma 1/2 manga, it's definitely better than the anime, especially ending-wise.  Also since my favorite character, Miss Hinako gets a decent amount of time in the manga, not in the anime.  Plus I really love the manga episode where Ranma pretends to be Ryoga's sister.

I've read a little Urusei Yatsura, it's good, but it's similar in quality to the anime, I think.

I haven't read anything else by her, I tried to watch some Maison Ikkoku, but I can't quite get into it, maybe the manga is better?
quot;Hide a knife behind a smile." The Thirty-Six Strategies

R Kenshin

• Bio Scientist
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
rumiko takahashi
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 12:36:03 PM »
wow, it is actually rumiko takahashi's ranma 1/2 that got me into manga in the first place. So you can imagine that i've read almost about every Ranma volume they got published in the states. I've seen a lum movie and read some Maison Ikkoku but that's about it. I've seen most of the Inuyasha on adult swim.
Roar, Roar, fight the power