Author Topic: Black Lagoon  (Read 19547 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: Black Lagoon
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2009, 11:26:22 AM »
heh.. Can't wait to see Roberta, the Terminator Maid back again.

Very kick-ass series.

Zozolton

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2010, 12:43:55 PM »
I finished watching the whole series today. It was really fun, this series sure is great and full of action.
My favorite arc was Greenback Jane, with all these crazy mercenaries (Lotton the wizard  :il_hahaha:) !
I'll try to buy the manga and maybe the third season when it comes out.
"The problem with asshole paraplegics is that you have to get on your knees to punch them in the goddamn face, so it's not worth it most of the time."

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2010, 02:30:11 PM »
I'll try to buy the manga and maybe the third season when it comes out.
It was surprising to me just how faithful the anime was to the manga.
Everything about this series has been top notch quality. It was like a breath of fresh air when you consider (at least in my opinion) how average many new series are these days. Not too much stands out from the crowd.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2010, 10:33:10 PM »
Yeah, the anime is very close to the manga, and honestly the manga is not that great. It was a concept that likely should have started from the beginning as an anime.

And I agree with Lord Il, it was a breath of fresh air in a fairly stale industry. Oh, Lord Il, if you are looking for something a little unusual you might try Wagaya No Oinarisama (Our Home's Fox Deity), it's a pretty interesting take on harem anime, namely that the female characters (Kuugen and the sentinel, her name escapes me) are entirely non-sexual towards the male lead, and vice versa, they're just perceived to have a relationship, which was kind of funny. Needed to be longer, but I think they ran out of money to properly finish the series. Nonetheless it was enjoyable.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Zozolton

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2010, 10:46:52 PM »
In this world where most of the young teenagers must save the world twice a day or have incredibly complicated relations of Love-you-or-Hate-you-but-can't-decide-which-one with their classmates ; a Man tried the impossible ; a Man created a new and original work !
Rei Hiroe is this Man !  :im_nabeshin:
Just a joke, there are other series like Excel Saga which manage to really distinguish themselves.
"The problem with asshole paraplegics is that you have to get on your knees to punch them in the goddamn face, so it's not worth it most of the time."

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2010, 02:01:24 PM »
Oh, Lord Il, if you are looking for something a little unusual you might try Wagaya No Oinarisama (Our Home's Fox Deity), it's a pretty interesting take on harem anime, namely that the female characters (Kuugen and the sentinel, her name escapes me) are entirely non-sexual towards the male lead, and vice versa, they're just perceived to have a relationship, which was kind of funny. Needed to be longer, but I think they ran out of money to properly finish the series. Nonetheless it was enjoyable.
Waitta sec.. Hold the phone..
A harem type anime whereas the female characters have no sexual intentions towards the male lead.. AND vice-versa? Such a paradox in harem anime exists?? How is this even remotely possible?

Was this series created on our home planet Earth? :il_hahaha:

Hey, I'm game for something different.