Author Topic: Anime/Manga figures  (Read 67566 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: Anime/Manga figures
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2009, 10:40:04 AM »
hey, is it possible to get a cheap version of haruhi in the bunny outfit(?), cause at a 'con they had them for five bucks. i think they were pre made...
hmm.. Well it's possible but for that price I'd be willing to bet they were bootlegs. Licensed figures just don't go that cheap.

Which con? Would that be Wai-con? Just curious.

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2009, 12:21:12 PM »
Those FREEing Haruhi bunnies are huge (1/4 scale), and expensive ($100+ US).

$5 sounds like it would be pretty small.  Like a trading figure or Gashapon sized would make sense.  Anything larger, I would suspect a bootleg.

E^D

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2009, 01:51:41 AM »
3 - 4 inch i think, at supernova, an australian pop culture 'con. surprisingly unpopular though for a haruhi figurine which was not a chibi version.

Hey, i bought a tenjo-tenge? figurine, but it's bronze and was supposed to be in colour. What do i do with it. Plus, it looks kinda cool i must say, wish i bought more than one.
Im okay with painting (is an artist) but what kind of paint do you use?

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2009, 01:41:41 PM »
Finally got a Gi Jpe baroness figure after much hunting in my nearest forbidden planey

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #154 on: October 14, 2009, 10:58:53 PM »
It's not anime or manga, but...

Lan

« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2009, 01:30:46 PM »
since when has the TARDIS not had walls? lol

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2009, 01:49:44 PM »
^ thats just the innards toy of the tardis,  last thing I added to my collection of sort of anime shit GI Joe dvd battle pack including Dusty, Serpentor, Cobra B.A.T. and montezuma and Rise Serpentor Rise dvd (this version is much better than the uk one I bought)

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »
It's not anime or manga, but...

ARGH! That is so amazing, I am being consumed by jealousy. How much did that cost you? I approve so much!
:il_hahaha:
 I would have too much fun posing the figurines.
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2009, 02:20:37 PM »
ARGH! That is so amazing, I am being consumed by jealousy. How much did that cost you? I approve so much!

I have to agree. Fantastic. O_O

lol! Looky at the little K-9 figure!!

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2009, 07:14:10 PM »

lol! Looky at the little K-9 figure!!

I just noticed K-9! It's so cute!  :eheart:
The two doctors would have to battle over Rose, though. How's a girl to decide between two perfectly sculpted (albeit plastic and likely gender-neutral ala Ken) guys who are actually the same person? Haha, love it.
Now all it needs is a creepy angel ornament lingering outside to complete it.  :il_hahaha:
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2009, 08:13:36 PM »
Now all it needs is a creepy angel ornament lingering outside to complete it.  :il_hahaha:
I seem to recall Soske having a pretty good collection of figures. Maybe he has one? heh..

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2009, 09:46:16 PM »

I cost a little under $100 for both the TARDIS and the figures. (They aren't pictured, but I also got a Dalek, two Cybermen, an Ood, a French Clockwork robot, Tosh, and Captain John)

I seem to recall Soske having a pretty good collection of figures. Maybe he has one? heh..

Oddly enough no angel...yet.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2009, 12:50:30 PM »
I didn;t go much on the new doctor who and I tend to only collect gi joe figures, star wars lego and otherwise, and random anime female characters, I also have 3 video game based characters

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2010, 06:50:57 PM »
Figma Rider pre-ordered..

Haven't bought a figure in quite some time. Either most don't interest me, or prices are ridiculous on the ones I do like. Some online stores were offering up to a 20% pre-order discount on this figma Rider last week..... Upon which the pre-orders were sold out in less than a day! X_x Rider could be one of the hottest sellers in the figma line.

Generally I'm not a fan of poseable figures because of the obvious-looking joints. However, I feel the figma line does one of the better jobs at concealing them. I also feel they do fantastic work in recreating the likeness of the characters.

So, if you're a Fate/stay night fan, or if you just enjoy the works of TYPE-MOON (or if you just think that Rider iz teh Xtreme sexIness personified!) this might be one for you to pick up!!! ^^

At this point, ebay could be your only hope.
Be mindful as listings range greatly in price.

Tenatative release date: May 2010

"Sooo... tell me, Lord Il, why do you believe Figma are the best in poseable figures?"
Glad you asked, voices inside my head! :e_tongue:

A few weeks ago I was at my fav comic book shop and was able to compare figma, Revoltech, and Mobip poseable figures..

Mobip - Simply put, I don't like Mobip as the designs are not faithful enough to their 2D counterparts - if the detail is not there, I don't want it. HOWEVER, if you're a budget-minded collector, I won't discriminate your choice because Mobip figures are cheaper to buy. If Mobip wants to get considerable sales away from figma, they need to work on detailing. Particularly the faces.

Revoltech - Very innovative joint system; All joints move with a 'ratcheting' action for precise movement. Likeness of characters isn't so bad. But I will have to say that the Revoltech system is much better suited for mechs/robot characters (which they do make) than human characters. This is mainly due to their smaller size and sometimes more exposed joint system (although they are getting better at concealing them on later designs).

figma - Best poseable joint concealment. Best character likeness from their 2D counterparts. Possibly the largest poseable figures made among these three names. The very fact that every figma figure comes with a Zip-lock style bag to hold extra parts... I mean.... geeeze.. I could easily grab a sandwich bag from the kitchen for this purpose... BUT they include this! Holy sh- :il_hahaha:

But seriously, figma is awesome in anime designs.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 06:55:06 PM by Lord Il »

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2010, 02:01:29 AM »
Yeah, i've been looking forward to getting the Higurashi Kagome figma, looks even better than prepainted figures.

I've had my ey, on a 1998 Cloud strife and Hardy Daytona statue, not the action figure. Mostly because I love his crazy hair and biiiig sword, but I must have the 1998 version because the motorcycle is bronze, instead of a dark gray colour. It just looks so cool! But they're expensive. Oh are they expensive. $200 for the figure and $120+ for shipping to Australia. Must find cheap one...