Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 122392 times)

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #945 on: January 15, 2012, 01:29:22 AM »
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket.

It was a very good short 6-episode series that I'd highly recommend for someone who wants to see some Gundam. The bad thing about the Gundam series I've seen: Original, Main and Proper (no one will get that reference) is that they have good beginnings but start to drag in the middle. It builds up to a huge fight at the end, but I'd seen so many battles that I'd just want it to hurry up and end. Get to the epilogue!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #946 on: February 01, 2012, 12:48:30 PM »
Another

Okay, this is one of the more creepier titles I've seen in a while. Put together ghosts and scary dolls and you get a nice flavor of awesome.

Over 20 years ago, a middle school girl mysteriously died. She acceled in her studies and at sports and was liked by all. When she died, her teacher and classmates went into a strange state of denial over her death. They carried on as though she was still alive and attending school as always, right up until graduation. Her actual student desk and chair still remain in the same back corner in the classroom. No one now wishes to speak of the circumstances surrounding the situation of the girl. A new transfer student to this class sees and interacts with her and doesn't even realize right away that she could be a ghost. Some of his fellow students become extremely anxious when he speaks of her.
So where do the scary dolls come in? The supposed ghost girl seems to have a close association with them.

After seeing episode 3, there's an important lesson to be learned: Remember that saying about never running with scissors? Well... Never run down a flight of stairs with an umbrella either.
:e_shocked:

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 09, 2012, 07:05:14 AM »
Just watched Rideback.  It was quite good.  It's about a girl ballet dancer who was injured, and takes to riding mecha-motorcycles instead, and gets caught up in a terrorist/government conflict.

I've also recently watched the first two seasons of Fairy Tail.  Not bad, but not quite my thing.  Too much of that shonen Naruto/FMA vibe.

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 04, 2012, 10:26:43 AM »
Hmmm, no posts since my last?

I am on a little anime binge. 

Fairy Tail gets better the more I watch. Part 3 is quite good, though the symbolism on the end credits tells me they are going to kill off a character I like by the end.

I also saw Gun X Sword, which was a lot of fun. (I hadn't expected to like it.) Space western/mecha with comedy.

Quit partway through Broken Blade, it isn't bad, just too humorless and mecha-centric to grab my attention.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #949 on: March 04, 2012, 04:47:58 PM »
I've been recommended before to give Fairy Tail a go. After seeing about six episodes, I have mixed feelings about it. I'm also a bit intimidated by the large amount of episodes (and it's still going)..
Not bad, but not quite my thing.  Too much of that shonen Naruto/FMA vibe.
.. And that, too. ^^;;

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 04, 2012, 05:42:28 PM »
I've been recommended before to give Fairy Tail a go. After seeing about six episodes, I have mixed feelings about it. I'm also a bit intimidated by the large amount of episodes (and it's still going)..

Know what you mean.   To clarify, I am on Part 3 of the DVD releases (eps 26-39-ish.)  Fortunately for me, I can get them for the library out of their budget.  Surprisingly, nobody but me has checked them out yet, but it takes a little longer for word to spread these days, especially with so much anime available free online.

Weirdly enough, anime in general seems to check out from the library better than ever, so it seems to be a bit more mainstream nowadays, but there's no longer that enthusiasm and otaku-solidarity there used to be. I miss it

Not bad, but not quite my thing.  Too much of that shonen Naruto/FMA vibe.
.. And that, too. ^^;;

The clench-fisted trash-talking and the testosterone contests and the obsession over Natsu's motion sickness pretty much fade away over time.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 12, 2012, 10:27:17 PM »
hello.

I finished Samurai Champloo within a week. It was pretty enjoyable and the episodes just whizzed by.
Directed by Shinochi(?) Wantanabe, who also did Cowboy Bepop. It had a similar setup with standalone episodes dealing with one-time characters, but eventually led up to a final 3-episode arc that kinda resolved everything. Personally, I thought it should be longer. Do another season, yeah.

I was a little disappointed with one aspect of the ending
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 19, 2012, 11:09:43 AM »
Yeah, Randamo, I hate it when an anime ends like that, too.  That's why I had to write a fan fic sequel to Fantastic Children, I couldn't leave the ending as it was.

Finally managed to get hold of ALL the DVDs of Season 1 of the Story of Saiunkoku, through Ebay and interlibrary loan. It took about 15 episodes before it got past the reverse-harem-pretty-boy-collecting, but by the end it was pretty good, drama and suspense and still a little humor. I've downloaded Season 2, but I hate watching a lot of TV on my computer so haven't started that yet.

Rewatched Genshiken, also, incluing Kujibiki Unbalance and Genshiken 2.

I'm thinking of ordering Princess Jellyfish and Okami-san and her 7 Companions for the library next month, so that's probably what I'll watch next.  At the moment, back to slogging through Season 2 of Kyo Kara Maoh. It's enjoyable, but for some reason I can't seem to sustain interest for more than a few episodes at a time before looking for something else. Still, it makes a nice fallback to have those DVDs for when there's nothing else I want to watch. :D

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 24, 2012, 06:37:40 AM »
Okay, so forget what I said about Fairy Tail improving.  Just watched Part 4, and it's all about who can beat up who, with fights preceded or interrupted by the heroes saying stuff like, "You may think you can win, but I've learned an important life lesson about friendship and honor and love at Fairy Tail which you can't comprehend, so you'll never defeat me!" and the villains say "Ha ha ha, what a naive and gullible pathetic fool you are!" before they get stomped on.

Have to rewatch Pumpkin Scissors to get the little-boy taste out of my mouth.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 24, 2012, 08:35:27 AM »
:kabapu-1: You've been hanging around with Mr. Watanabe again, haven't you?

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 25, 2012, 08:03:45 AM »
:kabapu-1: You've been hanging around with Mr. Watanabe again, haven't you?

Now I'm kind of scared to see what happens to Watanabe-chan in Vol 23-27! =:O

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 25, 2012, 10:00:41 AM »
Now I'm kind of scared to see what happens to Watanabe-chan in Vol 23-27! =:O
" :watanabe: Hey Iwata... what was it like being inside a little girl?" - Volume 22 :il_hahaha:

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 25, 2012, 09:57:19 PM »
Finally acquired Kuuchu Buranko.

Basically a 11 episode series with a new character each one. The main character is the eccentric man-child psychologist Irabu and his fanservicey, yet cool, nurse Mayumi.

Very odd series, very different art style, differing between live action and anime.

Got it from Siren Visual which is a company that releases anime with only Japanese track and English subtitles (all I want, really). So far I've gotten Kuuchu Buranko and The Tatami Galaxy off them, but I also want Usagi Drop and The House of Five Leaves which I've seen at the store.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 14, 2012, 04:05:09 PM »
Anyone else watching the new Lupin series? It's the best! :im_nabeshin:

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #959 on: April 14, 2012, 04:18:13 PM »
Anyone else watching the new Lupin series? It's the best! :im_nabeshin:
I heard about this. Is it a re-make, or an all new story?