Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141116 times)

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #855 on: January 21, 2011, 05:19:37 PM »
I loved Paprika. Very cool, cool concept... it's like Inception, but... anime, and it came out first.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 28, 2011, 11:40:57 PM »
finally finished that set of movies i got. I saw steam boy and memories.

steamboy has great visuals but a really long and sorta boring plot. the english voice acting was stellar.

Memories wasn't that great really, but I sorta liked stinkbomb, there's this one guy in a bio-suit who I liked. i can't really explain why.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 13, 2011, 12:07:48 AM »
ugh, double post.

Watched the first half of Vandread. I liked it pretty well. Had some interesting and funny quirks to it, despite seeming like another giant robot series. The actual fights are done in CG. Apparently, this was one of the earlier series to use CG and they sort of didn't do it that well. It looks like they fused 2 completely different show together, but I'm not complaining.
Hibiki's voice actor is the same guy who did Prussia. Prussia has the bestest voice eva, too. He's the guy that makes naarghyhh sounds when he drinks and has the wierdest collection of laughs, from KESHESHESHE, to DAHAHAHAHA to the oddest "pipipdahahaha(he seems to choke laugh here)kyahahyahhi". Ah, good times. I really wish Hibiki's script called for that kind of stuff.

Anyway, if you have some time spare, watch it! Don't stop if you're into something else though. Just if you have a couple hours spare.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #858 on: February 13, 2011, 10:45:01 AM »
Vandread
That's another one of those first few anime series I ever bought. I thought it was kinda fun with the extreme gender gap thing. But yeah, the CG sequences can look very dated by todays standards. It always amazes me how far technology has come along (In this case, about a ten year span since release.)

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 13, 2011, 07:19:39 PM »
i want the next half - uguu.
Vandread does look pretty amazing for a show made in tha year 2000.

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 26, 2011, 10:28:41 AM »
I've spent most of my time recently enjoying One Piece. I tried watching Naruto, but...no. I guess I'm more of a pirate than a ninja.

I've also started watching Lucky Star.

And I liked it.

"Cats should stick with other cats, it's only natural."

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 04, 2011, 11:58:41 PM »
have the second vandread series. Eh, Mistys alright, but she draws the attention away from Dita. Dita is the second bubble-headed girl I've actually liked. The first is Yui from K-on! The first half was better. It had more wierdness to it. Oh! but you had to enjoy Hibiki freaking out in the elevator trying to deliver a girl's baby. Hee hee

Bought a really cheap shojo love series - Peach Girl. I heard it was a good manga, so I gave it a shot. I knew who she'd end up with, but the show was pretty complicated and messy, I had no real idea what was gonna happen. You'd get a headache if you watched too much. I watched the last 3-4 hours. My head feels gooey inside.
But honestly, it was pretty good for a typical love triangle series. The main girl gets praise for looking and dressing like a Ko-gal, as well as being a strong, dependable person. None of that useless lead junk. Kairi gets praise for having England's(or Sasuke, if you watch Naruto) voice actor and amusing me when he finally admitted his feelings in front of the competition. I wont bother to expain, but it was just cute.(no one will agree, though).

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 11, 2011, 01:26:04 PM »
Watched that zombie high school anime, umm interesting but too focused on the girlies boobs and panties, i don't mind.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 25, 2011, 10:54:37 PM »
Finished Rose of Versailles, a rather old anime. It's a historical drama following the French Revolution, Marie Antionette and so forth, but the main lead is a strong female named Oscar, who was raised to be a man and be in the military. She's great. Very strong and dependable, and even though acting like a man her whole life, she is very womanly. Ugh, I wanna be like her! The art is striking and beautiful at times, but for the rest looks a bit underdeveloped. The lines aren't the best... ever, but I really get caught up some times in the situations that come up. It really is a good anime. Unfortunantly, I read a summary of it on tv tropes or wikipedia, so I knew the ending. But maybe the shock didn't hurt so much because of that.

Is watching Sengoku Basara. Somewhat over the top, but enjoyable. Must say, when I saw the ninja girl in the OP, I thought she's be some butch femme fetale who'd drive me crazy, but the second she appeared, I fell for her. So pretty. Not that it matters really...

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 02, 2011, 01:52:08 PM »
1st episode of full metal alchemist brotherhood in hd, anime certainly works well in hd

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 08, 2011, 05:16:34 AM »
...Still getting through One piece, but slowing down a bit now. The characters are entertaining enough to watch, but the situations (especially the inconsequential ones) they find themselves in feel over-extended in terms of the amount of episodes devoted to them, so that it becomes a chore to get through to the parts of the story that matter.
On the side I've bought The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Complete Season One, just because, as well as finding Serial Experiments Lain volume one in HMV for £7 ( :elvery happy:!) and taking it before anyone else sees. I've also been considering Eureka 7, but whilst I like the look of its trailer, I have yet to find a reliable recommendation to inform my decision making. Meow?

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 08, 2011, 09:47:48 PM »
Eureka Seven.... I liked it at first and the Anemone and Dominic parts are definitely interesting, but after ep 25 (which had a really great art sense and looked pretty cool) I lost interest. The plot is cryptic, there are annoying buzz words I always forgot the meaning of. The ending doesn't exactly make sense, nor did it leave me with a good feeling. Characters seem to change their character abruptly (anemone). And as well, there are rare random boubts of graphic violence I was not prepared for. I haven't watched the movie, but I plan to because I heard there are changes. So I didn't HATE E7, but I got bored and lost alot.

Finished The Tatami Galaxy in one or two sittings. Also, I finished all the available Hetalia episodes. The extra nordic episode was great because, unlike every anime I've seen, it followed the comic to the tee. I've seen censoring on the show and footage cut from the webcomic, so I was happy to see it.

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 11, 2011, 07:35:11 AM »
Hmm. Alright, I'll give Eureka 7 a try. Thank you for the advice Senior Randamo!  :elhail:

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 15, 2011, 07:09:38 PM »
Watched Brain Power'd. Directed by the same guy who did the early Gundam series. Read that it was his take on Eva, so I gave it a try.
Because I like to write a bit about the animes I watch and I also realise not everyone likes to read a wall 'o text, I put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 20, 2011, 02:22:53 PM »
I'm in the middle of way too many series...

Black Butler

Birdy The Mighty Decode

Ai Yori Aoshi

And, in between all that, I watched Clannad, again.  It's so sweet, and so sad... one of the few that I can watch whenever, and still enjoy it.  This time, I watched it dubbed, and The dub is surprisingly good.  There are a few pronunciation oddities, and the awkwardness of Nagisa singing 'Dango Daikazoku' as 'Big Dango Fam-i-ly' was weird, but that only happens once.  Just waiting for After Story to arrive.

All that, and I'm still backed up...  I'll get to Gantz and Hell Girl: Three Vessels sooner of later.

E^D