Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141107 times)

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #870 on: May 03, 2011, 12:06:17 PM »
Treated myself to the eureka 7 movie on blu-ray, but not got around to seeing it yet, just wish more anime would come out on blu-ray

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #871 on: May 03, 2011, 12:12:03 PM »
I ordered 5cm/sec, which has finally been re-released. Can't wait! What an amazing movie.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #872 on: May 03, 2011, 04:57:43 PM »
just wish more anime would come out on blu-ray
Anime on Blu-ray is rare around here too. About 96% of anime titles in the local stores are DVD format. Not sure why this is but I can speculate that many people are not willing to spend the extra money for HD quality. At least not yet. But then again, some anime titles (on DVD) are still on the expensive side too.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 04, 2011, 12:35:40 AM »
I find some blue ray is the exact same price as normal. Some anime at my local is sold like that for no reason at all. But anime in general is expensive there. I cringe everytime I succumb. I keep looking at Code Geass R1.. but $70?! Come on!
At amazon.co.uk, it's a matter of 2 pounds or so.

BTW - I got promoted! 500 posts.

Ekuseru

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 08, 2011, 01:25:22 AM »
I don't watch or buy anime as much as I used to but the last dvd I bought was Midori Days.  It has an odd plot and it's fairly short but I'd still recommend it. 

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 11, 2011, 12:39:29 PM »
Watched urotsukidoji back along, not bad for the time it was released but looking at the dubbing it was quite shit compared to anime dubbing these days.

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 25, 2011, 05:55:07 AM »
Finished watching Madoka. I confess, episode ten brought me to tears... :elcry: Although I do think the ending wasn't all as epic as people claim it to be (I thought I was watching eva for a moment). Still, it was a good conclusion.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:58:32 AM by Taste »

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 27, 2011, 07:55:54 AM »
Now that my first year at Uni is over, I have had ample opportunity to indulge in anime whilst we all wait for the end of the world. Again. Speaking of which, I've finally purchased the first Evangelion film- after a couple of months of deliberating whether it was still possible to purchase the original series, I gave up and threw my lot in with the updated version. :elhail: Highly enjoyable! As it was the first film it was mostly concerned with establishing plots and fore-shadowing...but since I didn't watch the original anyway and have refrained from searching for the plot on wiki, I'm looking forward to seeing just what the hell is going on with the second film (which I've pre-ordered but is delayed a little :elcry:). Should be good.

I am currently halfway through Durarara......:eheart:!
I'm saving my coin for the box set, but I don't know how long I can hold out.
"Cats should stick with other cats, it's only natural."

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 27, 2011, 08:17:33 PM »
Is it hard to buy the original series? Last year, it was everywhere with the platinum edition. that was australia though...

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 30, 2011, 02:01:11 PM »
I haven't looked extensively, I usually go with amazon...but it was sold in seperate volumes at £20 a piece, used. Apart from volume 5, that was £50, so all a little beyond my meagre income :elconfused:! No region 2 box-sets to be seen either. It's the same situation with Cowboy Bebop. And Chobits is pretty scarce. Actually, when it comes to distributing anime, the UK sucks royally :elannoyed:.
Also, I've finished Durarara and now I'm back to looking for new stuff. Might buy Outlaw Star which looks pretty good, or finally get around to purchasing Eureka Seven. Maybe.
"Cats should stick with other cats, it's only natural."

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 30, 2011, 03:55:14 PM »
pre-ordered King of Eden and have the Eureka 7 movie with it. Awaiting patiently.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #881 on: May 31, 2011, 01:17:04 PM »
I'm back to looking for new stuff. Might buy Outlaw Star which looks pretty good, or finally get around to purchasing Eureka Seven. Maybe.

Outlaw Star... hah. Classic. Do it!

My girlfriend lent me Witch Hunter Robin to watch, so that will be my next Anime venture. We're also watching Elfen Lied together (at my suggestion) \m/

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 03, 2011, 04:37:29 PM »
Watched Summer Wars on BluRay.  What a wonderful movie!  And sooooo pretty in BluRay!  It's kind of a Ghibli-meets-Satoshi Kon.

Up to Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi.  *sigh*  I just love romantic anime...

Picked up The Girls Who Leapt Through Space, on a whim, and it's pretty good.  NOTHING to do with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (at least I think... well, not yet, anyway, so who knows).  It's nothing outstanding, but it's interesting, and unique, and I can't think of anything to complain about...  oh, there is the opening theme.  That is pretty bad.

E^D

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 04, 2011, 12:42:01 PM »
Lucky star volume 2 (uk boxset edition), it really does work in english  and just as funny

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 19, 2011, 11:44:55 PM »
Finished Code Geass. I admit it. I cried. Not in a "One of the sexiest anime characters died, now who shall I squee over?!" way, but in a frustrated way because with all his hard work and good intentions, he found himself hiding the truth until everyone hated him and as a result, he ends up being a matyr. If Code Geass was a well written novel, it would have a lot more impact. Instead, it's a bit limited with it's logic and believability. I think the ending is a bit dumb, he could've figured out something. His death wasn't the answer. I just can't believe everything worked out okay. Just wait 40 years and everything will change. That's how politics roll.
Plus, Kallen became totally annoying by the end. geh.

Okay, I finished King of Eden. ...... eh? That's it? Nothing happened. Man, that was totally boring! I know it's half of the ending, but you have to have more in a movie than setting up the plot for the second half.