Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141118 times)

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #900 on: July 16, 2011, 12:35:41 PM »
Got around to watching season 2 of the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi, I enjoyed the first 2 and last 5 episdes, and the extra haruhi-can mini cartoons,  I just hated that repeat factor, did they run out of ideas when making season 2, at least the movie is not too bad.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 17, 2011, 01:24:27 AM »
the movie will be out soon, I hope. When tMoHS is good, it's real good. But the rewatchability is pretty low. For me, at least.

Saw Summer Wars. It's colourful, creative and funny. On the downside, it's a little long, so I wouldn't watch it again unless I'm prepared for a long haul. Also, sometimes it doesn't make much sense as to why this would work or why that happened. But it's a great movie. I heard reviewers (or possibly advertising) say how good it was so I was expecting something with a bit more brilliance. But still pretty good.

Zozolton

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 17, 2011, 02:14:35 AM »
I saw Summer Wars too ; like you said Randamo, I found it fun and the visuals were really original in Oz, but I wouldn't put it as Must-watch.

Also watched King of Thorn ; while it starts as survival-horror it's quite good and thrilling ; but then, in the second half, it gets really complicated to follow the plot twists and reveals. I didn't really understand the end ; still, a great movie.

And about The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi, this movie is so epic and wonderful. It's pure happiness for Kyon fans like me.
"The problem with asshole paraplegics is that you have to get on your knees to punch them in the goddamn face, so it's not worth it most of the time."

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #903 on: July 17, 2011, 11:53:57 AM »
I saw Summer Wars at Anime Expo this year and it was an AMAZING experience... oh my God... the crowd hype rivaled Gurren Lagann it was so intense. I've never been so wrapped up in a movie in my life. Being in the second row really helped I guess.

Watching at home on DVD is NOT going to be the same.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 17, 2011, 03:11:26 PM »
Being in a crowd of anime fans is really fun. I can see how it would've made the experience a lot better.

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 21, 2011, 11:26:56 PM »
Um...is it worth skipping the Haruhi Suzumiya second season in favour of going straight to the movie?
"Cats should stick with other cats, it's only natural."

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 22, 2011, 12:15:59 AM »
I would recommend watching the first episode of the 2nd season as it is relevant to the movie. It's called Bamboo leaf rhapsody.

Zozolton

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 22, 2011, 12:19:59 AM »
You could also watch the last Endless Eight (9th episode), as it is somewhat  linked to the movie.

"The Sighs" arc (episodes 10-14) is interesting too, as it explains what happened during the filming they did in episode 00. But it is irrelevant to the movie.
"The problem with asshole paraplegics is that you have to get on your knees to punch them in the goddamn face, so it's not worth it most of the time."

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 22, 2011, 09:37:01 AM »
I'll ponder on what you've said and come to a conclusion. Cheers :elhail:

Oh man, all this talk has encouraged me to watch the 1st series in the Kyon order, something I've been meaning to do for a while now. Does it truly glean a more satisfying order of events? Only time will tell!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:28:34 PM by ConvoyButterfly »

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 24, 2011, 12:02:59 AM »
I never watched it like that, and likely never will.

Watching at the moment Gokusen, Mawaru Penguindrum (penguins), Akage no Anne and Macross frontier.

ConvoyButterfly

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 24, 2011, 02:30:14 AM »

Recommended. I regret starting this madness.  :elcry:

I used the episode list on wikipedia as a basis for my attempt, but it lists episode 00 as 01 in the DvD order, which completely messed things up a bit, to the extent that I had just finished episode 11 and went looking for a non-existant episode 14, before realising that what I should have watched just now was the DvD episode 10 instead of the DvD episode 11, which I was still meant to be on the way to watching. Anyway, I'm going to try to salvage the situation, but I don't know (and too lazy to find out) if there's any episodes I've left out or if I'll be watching any episodes I've already seen. Quite vexing :hdead:!

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 01, 2011, 06:26:39 PM »
Summer Wars was absolutely GORGEOUS on BluRay!  I didn't think it was all that long...

Watching at the moment Gokusen, Mawaru Penguindrum (penguins), Akage no Anne and Macross frontier.
Gokusen is great!  One of my favorites...

And I watched Haruhi in the Kyon order, because, well, I'm a sucker for Special Editions...  ;^_^

I'm about to watch Angel Beats.  I don't know much about it, but heard good things, so I hope it was worth the purchase...

E^D

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 21, 2011, 04:43:12 AM »
Started to get back into naruto shippuden again, so I have now seen from episdoes 1 to 52 and 65 to 77, I quite like hidan and he really unsual way method of attack.  Wasted money on the blu-ray edition of akira, in my opinion not worth the amount of cash I paid.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #913 on: August 21, 2011, 07:26:13 AM »
Summer Wars was absolutely GORGEOUS on BluRay!  I didn't think it was all that long...
The Blu-ray of this is at my local HMV, staring at me evertime I check stuff out. Is it worth buying? Heard good stuff about it.

I'm about to watch Angel Beats.  I don't know much about it, but heard good things, so I hope it was worth the purchase...

E^D
If you don't get a tad misty-eyed at the end, well, you're not human. Very moving.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 22, 2011, 07:54:12 PM »
Just finished Macross Frontier.

This series was really interesting at the start and Sheryl is simply awesome, full of self-confidence like a gurren lagann character. "Just who the hell do you think I am?!" When she said that I grinned like an idiot.
This series has the same problem Macross 7 had - not resolving the love triangle at the end. They have made really nice scenes in this series, but they can't quite commit to picking the couple. Ep 16, I think, had me grinning again like an idiot when the 2 girls serenade Alto at the same time. I thought "Can't pretend there's not a love triangle here Alto, hurry up and pick!" (Yes, I'm a dork)

Watched one third of the original Macross. I want more!