Author Topic: Clerks 1 and 2  (Read 1939 times)

Mad Hatteress

Clerks 1 and 2
« on: September 26, 2009, 09:23:28 AM »
So Comedy Central aired Clerks II fairly recently and I decided to watch it since I'd heard good things about 1. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, though, since I didn't like the humor in Dogma. Don't get me wrong, Dogma was a great movie that really makes you think about religion and tries to challenge your beliefs but I really didn't find it funny at all.

Anyway, back to the topic. So I saw Clerks 2 and I plan on buying both of them because I liked it so much. I really like it whenever the one guy (I can never remember names) rips on the other worker that's overly religious; the whole deal about "Pillow Pants" just really had me giggling for some reason. To me the best part was when he insults Lord of the Rings, summing up what each movie was about in just a few actions. I wasn't a fan of the films so I was just sitting there thinking "That's so true!".

I also discovered I like Jay and Silent Bob in small doses. I got sick of them in Dogma but I loved them in this movie.

Anyway, I know for sure Micki picked up Clerks 1, and I'm sure a few other of you have seen it, so hopefully this doesn't become another dead topic.

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
Re: Clerks 1 and 2
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 07:10:18 AM »
personally i loved dogma, and clerks 1 and 2, and jay and silent bob.

i havent seen that chasing amy or whatever, and i havent seen mallrats though
>:/

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 01:01:39 PM »
i own both, the first one is great, but a step different than the sequel... It's all in a black and white color (no colors whatsoever, i think it's to capture the feel of spectating the whole thing from a security camera, although the angles and stuff obviously breaks that whole theory, i like the style though)

It's pretty much just one whole day, of conflicts, things that get worse, and worse, and trivial matters that get in between it... It's great fun, and you'll love the Star Wars discussion :D

Make sure to watch the short movie "the Flying Car" too, it should be together with the first films DVD

After seeing Dogma, i have to say that i like the subtle approach of Jay and Silent Bob more too... They were acting the same and all in Dogma, but it just fits them better when you aren't "following" them...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 04:15:19 PM »
i own both, the first one is great, but a step different than the sequel... It's all in a black and white color (no colors whatsoever, i think it's to capture the feel of spectating the whole thing from a security camera, although the angles and stuff obviously breaks that whole theory, i like the style though)

I thought it was in black in white since it was cheaper than color? The guy who filmed it all (Kevin Smith?) and played Silent Bob sold more than half of his comic book collection and maxed out like seven credit cards to film it. He's damn lucky the film was such a success.

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 10:14:53 AM »
black and white movies actually cost more than color movies.

i think it has to do with the cameras being old or something.

and i dont recall the reason he did it in black and white, he did explain it, but i do remember that neither of those reasons were correct.

it might have been to capture the feel of his black and white comics.
like i said i dont remember, the 1st clerks and second clerks were completely different movies, but they were both really good
>:/