Author Topic: Gate Keepers - For Tomorrow (Vol. 8) ?  (Read 2088 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Gate Keepers - For Tomorrow (Vol. 8) ?
« on: April 30, 2007, 05:19:09 PM »
Does anyone here know where I can buy this and at a reasonable price? This is the last volume I need in the first series of the Gate Keepers anime to complete it.
It should be Region 1 for viewability.

Please and thank you kindly. ^^

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 08:54:32 AM »
Does the Signature Series version include the AEGIS Agent cards like the original release did? I thought those cards were kinda cool.

Anyways, it doesn't matter a great deal if I get the original release or the Signature Series. But saving a few bucks by getting the latter only makes more sense.

The funny thing about this series is that it ranks up there as being one of my favorites too, and yet it's taken me close to six years to complete and watch it through. ^^;; Thinking about it, I believe it had a lot to do with the considerably higher prices that anime, under the Pioneer Animation label, wanted for their titles - We're talking over $40 CND per vol. here. Insane, I tell you! O.o Nowadays, I think since Pioneer became Geneon, prices have lowered somewhat.

It is a great series though. Good character development with very likeable characters. It's sometimes hard to imagine at times that the story takes place in 1969 Japan with all that extreme AEGIS technology.

Have you seen Gate Keepers 21 yet? If it's good, yeah, I wouldn't mind picking it up sometime as well. ^^

The price at Right Stuf is very reasonable. Thanks for that suggestion. ^^ I'll take that into consideration.
Everytime I've checked ebay, they never seem to have a listing for volume 8. It's as though it doesn't exist. O.o

Any other ideas are still welcome as I'm not in a hurry.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 03:24:16 PM »
Wow, starcat, you came through for me again! Thanks. Some of those prices are so low they're almost surreal. ^^ Even with shipping, it still wouldn't come close to breaking my wallet.

I haven't bought much anime this year to know of any recent price hikes. I'm curious though.. The next time I walk into HMV, I'll see what Funimation titles are going for these days..

Me thinks this is worthy of making a topic of....!