Author Topic: Lucky Star  (Read 33019 times)

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
Re: Lucky Star
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2007, 08:56:20 PM »
I dont know if Lucky Star will do well in America since its jokes are 90% targeted to the Japanese world. I at times find it hard to understand what they are talking about sometimes...

I have to find a time in the near future to go back and restore the world.
                 -Kyon

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 05:49:58 AM »
I watched a couple of eps, and the part from that fan dub HA1L found (and it is remarkably good for a fan dub), but I wasn't very impressed with it on an aesthetic level.  I found the artwork rather unappealing, for one.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2007, 09:39:55 AM »
Well looking at yea I mean thats to be expected since you dont seem in the least bit to find appeal in stuff that is cute, girly, and stuff like that. I mean with your avatar and sig and all it kinda gives off that impression >.>

-Kyon

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2007, 10:33:35 AM »
I dont know if Lucky Star will do well in America since its jokes are 90% targeted to the Japanese world. I at times find it hard to understand what they are talking about sometimes...

it is more suited to europe, asia and Canada then USA.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 10:42:16 AM »
Well looking at yea I mean thats to be expected since you dont seem in the least bit to find appeal in stuff that is cute, girly, and stuff like that. I mean with your avatar and sig and all it kinda gives off that impression >.>

By and large true, but I do like Ah! My Goddess, and Love Hina.  But an oversaturation of cute and girly does not sit well on me. 

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2007, 01:50:28 PM »
Yeah but you would think the adult sims and stuff would help balance it a little

-Kyon

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2007, 02:57:37 AM »
  The intro song was hypnotic, and the show must have had a sub-liminal message as it sucks you in and doesn't let go.  The Lucky Channel insert at the end of every episode was quirky at best...where did she pull that ash-tray from anyway? :eevil:
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't many people happy?

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 06:56:47 PM »

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 07:24:13 PM »
My lager just threatened to come back up when I saw that *shudders*

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2007, 08:44:48 AM »

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

they're so cute NO I MUST RESIST....but they're so adorable

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2007, 09:26:29 AM »

But what if it's a trap? D:

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2007, 10:36:38 AM »
Then its a well executed trap!! :excel_fall:
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't many people happy?

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2007, 10:49:44 AM »
executed

Executed... that gives me ideas...

Agent Kego

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2007, 03:14:27 PM »
I've been makeing my way through the series (on ep 18 now) and I have to say I LOVE lucky star! Konata is by far my favourite character, though I like pretty much everyone except for Miyuki. Sometimes it just feels like she's just there because they didn't want only 3 'main' characters, though I wouldn't really call her a main character at all. Hell, to be completely honest she could die in one of the remaining episodes and all you'd get from me is a 'meh'.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2007, 03:46:58 PM »
I wonder something. Was the reason for the gap between the first and second season of Haruhi caused by Lucky Star?

Asking since after Haruhi ended, Lucky Star started, and now its over and Haruhi is starting back up. The voice actor for Haruhi and Konata are the same and she might not have been able to handle both projects at once maybe?

Any thoughts on that?
Difficult to say. Kyoto Animation must've had a planned goal for how much they would and couldn't do for a first season of Haruhi. Just like any other job, politics of some degree probably exist in the animation studios which determines what the final product will be - The largest determinate factor here, of course, is money at which everything revolves.

Certainly a lot of advance planning must be made to ensure that contact is made with the seiyus (voice actors) they wish to have to make certain they are not busy with other projects. Like Hollywood actors, popular japanese seiyus are in high demand and must be booked accordingly into upcoming animation projects before someone else contracts them.

Hirano Aya's character, Konata cosplaying as Haruhi and then changing her voice between characters was pure gold. And platinum. ^^ I'm sure the folks at Kyoto Animation had a lot of fun with episode 16.

But what if it's a trap? D:
Yeah, that pic creeps me out for that very reason. Underneath those heads, clothes and body suits could be...... O_O..... no! Not going to think about it!!   :icon_lol:
I believe the term given to this type of cosplay style is called "Kigurumi"(sp?). Makes me feel a bit weirded-out.

hmm... And Miyuki does seem to have large feet in that pic.. :e_shocked: