Author Topic: what manga do you own  (Read 29175 times)

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
Re: what manga do you own
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2010, 02:11:26 AM »
Hmmm.....

Excel-Saga Vol. 1-21 *gasp*
Evangelion Vol. 1-11
Read or Die/Dream Vol. 1-4
Ranma 1/2 Vol. 1-30 (6 to go, dammit!)
Mahoromatic Vol. 1-8
Full Moon Vol. 1-7
Time Stranger Kyoko Vol. 1-3
The Gentelmens Alliance Vol. 1-9 (might be added on the regrets list...)
Apollo's Song
Ghost In the Shell
Phoneix Vol. 4 (the rarest one if amazon is to be believe, and i got it as a freebie)
FLCL Vol. 1 and 2
Ultimo Vol. 1

and a load of others that I can't recall I have stashed in boxes and stored in other places. The ones I listed are the ones currently displayed in my room. So many deals and gifts really makes you run out of space quick.  :il_hahaha:

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2010, 12:03:58 AM »
The gentlemans alliance! I read that online but never bought it. Art is gorgeous, loved the evil twin idea but the ending is dissapointing even though everyone is happy. Mostly cause I liked the evil twin and NO, I do not find the idea of a guy falling in love with me because I look like his dead lover romantic. Honestly, saying the only difference between us is IM ALIVE is soooo, ugggghh! How insulting!

Finally got the last volume of Cynical Orange, a series dropped by one company and picked up by another a year or so later. It then took me 3-4 years to get all volumes. 'Was it worth it' you ask?
Ehhh

Well, the ending was rather... erm. odd. Basically because they killed off the best damn character in the series - a long-white-haird-damn-sexy-sephiroth-clone-ganster-type guy by running him down with  a bus after the heroine chooses the hypocritical pretty boy over him. She then spends a year in hardcore mourning because everyone says it's her fault he died. Then she gets up and lives her life on her own. Or so I would think until pretty boy comes back and says 'You can stand on your own two feet now, so now we can have a normal relationship again' They hug, the end.

I however, am still reeling from the shock of losing such a cool character. the author said just imagine him being alive somewhere though. That actually sorta helps.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2011, 11:06:20 PM »
whoa! been a long time since anyone's posted in this topic. No one likes manga anymore, eh? I just felt like posting since it's been a while since I last bought anything. I recieved 2 things, all the available hetalia manga(what a suprise, considering it's my latest addiction) and I finished Gatcha Gacha.

I will never quit saying that Gatcha gacha Is one of the best Shoujo manga out there, mostly cause it's unlike all of 'em. the last title got discontinued for a while until last december, more than a year after the original release, which was about 1 year after the previous volume. In short, i've been following this series for 5 years or so. The ending, like I heard from fans, was a bit unfabulous... nonetheless, a good manga.

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2011, 04:51:04 PM »
whoa! been a long time since anyone's posted in this topic. No one likes manga anymore, eh? ...
I may not post in this thread often, but I do update my list every so often.  Here is the LOOONG list of what I own:
http://www.excelsagaforum.com/index.php?topic=977.msg35070#msg35070

Some that I've read online, because they will never be licensed in the US:

Angel Densetsu, about a high school boy with the face of a demon, and the heart of an angel, and the misunderstandings that his looks get him into.  Very funny, very sweet, one of my favorites.

Change 123, there is alot of fanservice, but the story of a girl with multiple personalities, each a master of a different fighting style, and her desire to regain memories is very good.  The fanservice doesn't feel forced, even if it is all over the place.  There's much more to be found than panty-shots and boobs.

Shitsurakuen,  one girl, Himoto Sora, vows to be the "knight" who will save all the "princesses" in an elite school, which is controlled by the abusive and misogynistic boys.  The whole island/school is one giant holographic game 'Utopia', where each girl has a weapon, and the boys use them to fight for ownership of the girls.  Not too heavy on the yuri, but that's OK.  It's still ongoing, and I really want to know what's going to happen next.  Lots of mystery and double crossing.

Ai Kora (Love & Collage), Hachibe Maeda loves parts, as in: he has in his head perfect idealized shapes when it comes to the body parts of women.  He's a sneaky lech, but a good person when it comes down to it.  Very funny.  It's not *OMG great*, but I liked it.

Cyborg Grandpa-G.  It's weird.  VERY WEIRD.  Brilliant scientist/grandfather rebuilds his body into the ultimate farming cyborg.  Read up to chapter 4, so far.  Gotta be in the mood for the wackiness, because it is just SO out-there.

Eiken.  Well, if you don't know about Eiken, the best way I can describe it is: gigantomastia and "accidental" molestation, played for laughs.  The sheer audacity of it all made me curious.  It has its moments (really, it does), but its about as deep and classy as a puddle of piss... and I'll keep reading it, because that's part of its charm.

Corpse Party Blood Covered, a group of friends staying late at school are accidentally transported to a horror-filled nightmare of an old school building (that was torn down).  It's only up to chapter 7, but it is truly frightening at times.  I'm really looking forward to the rest.

Ai Yori Aoshi (the only series that has a US release, but it's been so long ago, that I really didn't feel like hunting them all down).  A bit fanservicey, but still one of the sweetest romance stories I've read in a long time.  It's quite funny, and not really a typical "harem" series, as the two main characters are very committed to each other, and very much in love.  I just bought the anime.

Mysterious Girlfriend X, skycloud's review from 2007, which piqued my interest, due to its bizzare set-up: http://www.excelsagaforum.com/index.php?topic=1004.0  After another 40+ chapters, I still kind of like it.  Another that's not especially great, but it's so strange, that I want to know how it all turns out.

E^D

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2012, 11:18:42 AM »
recently purchased ouran host club volume 18, 2 non manga's Judge dredd vs aliens incubus and empowered.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2012, 11:46:01 AM »
Fought I would try something new so i bought myself yotsuba!, what I have read of it so far is quite funny and entertaing.