Author Topic: Youtube - y'know...  (Read 8353 times)

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
Youtube - y'know...
« on: October 02, 2007, 09:11:21 PM »
yeah, so youtube is deleting anime from it's site in order to fit in more lame videos people make at home, (no offense - but you guys are deleting our anime) so i was on beck video and some guy said that pisoga(.)com lets us watch anime. for free. so check it out for me and tell me if they do. I cant - my computers loading up beck.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube - y'know...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 09:14:57 PM »
Pisoga has a lot of titles, though they're all mainstream stuff (no Excel Saga).  The video quality is also very low.

And I know we all do it, but watching anime on YouTube hurts the industry.  That's why they take the videos down.

Her Excellency The Pink Bunny

• You see nothing!
  • Spam Master
  • ;D
    • View Profile
    • Pink Bunny's Twitter
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 09:54:21 PM »
I've been watching anime on voeh.com
They have alot!

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 10:01:04 PM »
i reckon it helps the industry cause people can try it out before buying it. if they can just give us a couple of episodes...
im just kidding about people putting on videos reducing how much they can put on, cant they put on an infinate amount on the internet?

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 05:42:59 AM »
www.tv-links.co.uk is also a good place for anime, and lots of other stuff.  It looks like a portal to other sites (they have Veoh videos, also Stage 6 and some others), and I like to go there to preview series and see if I would like to buy them.  It led me back to buy Outlaw Star, Oh! My Goddess, and I may even go after some Bleach (pretty much skipping most of Season 3, all of 4, and 5 I think - Eps 1-63, 110-142 (presently) are true to the manga, the rest is filler.

I also watch it for fansubs of anime I have never seen anywhere, and also some folks keep the series that are currently being aired in Japan.  Bleach 142 just came out last week for instance, but they're having some trouble right now.  YouTube stinks for video quality anyway, and most of the videos on Links can be maxed to fill the screen.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 10:37:30 PM »
I've enjoyed 'previews' on Youtube, too.  I bought Rune Soldier after watching an episode there, and discovered that I didn't like Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi enough to buy it.

I also watched about 80 episodes of Eyeshield 21, but it's not like they're selling any DVDs in the US, anyway.  I love that show. (I get addicted to sports animes once I start watching, and Hiruma is an awesome character.)  It's supposed to be debuting as an official free streaming download on Toonami.com this fall.  I want them to start selling some blasted DVDs, though.  I've even been considering buying the bootlegs, though I hate to support the Yakuza, or whoever's really making the money off those.

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 02:04:39 AM »

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 06:48:20 AM »
They have alot!

You might wanna not use Veoh...

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=2000121&topic=38869183

"We may collect... type of computer and credit card or other payment information..."

Ohshit

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 07:26:11 AM »

Ummm.... ummmm.... ummmmm.....

*Rips VeohTV from computer*

Holy shit, I really wish I knew that before hand.  Luckily for me I have no credit card information on my computer as I never even use it online save for once or twice, and I don't keep any records of that nature on the puter, but damn I wish I had read that statement better - they all look the same and you glaze over it, missing the vital nugget of information buried in all the crap.  Yeah, the moment I hit that link of Soske's, that shit got rammed from my computer faster than you can spit. 

Ya see, this is precisely why I rarely ever download any programs online - everytime I do, it's something horrible.  My computer sure is running faster now, thanks Soske.

Addendum:  I also tore through my computer with my Anti-Spyware and I'm no expert, but I found a ton of new spyware for tracking all sorts of data, likely all from Veoh.  God, I even made an account with them (cancelled it obviously).  I just hope no major damage was done.  All I wanted to do was see some anime that hasn't been released over here yet - I really hate the internet sometimes, can't trust anything.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 07:48:31 AM by ElricJC »

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 03:28:54 PM »
If this is true, I would imagine any ordinary streaming from Veoh would be just as safe as YouTube.
It's only when a person is prompted to download a specific specialty software like the VeohTV client where a possible security issue could arise. This is where personal info ends up being exchanged.

Comparable to inviting a vampire into the front door of your house.

At any rate, the person who created that privacy statement signed their own death warrant -
Credit card info?? That's nasty, folks. >_<

Her Excellency The Pink Bunny

• You see nothing!
  • Spam Master
  • ;D
    • View Profile
    • Pink Bunny's Twitter
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 03:41:14 PM »
Does that mean it collects info everytime I use my cc on a website?!

O.O

Thatman

• Unemployed
  • U didn't kill me u only killed my stunt double
    • View Profile
    • Gunshot
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 06:16:19 PM »
They have alot!

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=2000121&topic=38869183

"We may collect... type of computer and credit card or other payment information..."

Ohshit

0_0

i'm gonna be right back i need to go delete some things

oh thank God i don't own a credit card

I probably should have bothered to read the terms of services before hitting agree

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 08:45:52 PM »

I probably should have bothered to read the terms of services before hitting agree

Same thing I said.  I mean those user agreements tend to be so generic I give them a once over and that's usually enough.  Dee dee dee...

But seriously now that I see that I didn't hesitate two seconds before I ripped Veoh from my puter, cancelled my account, hunted down any left over spyware with my hunter-killer programs, and ousted any self-replicating crap left behind (I hope I got it all).  I'm simply appalled at how stupid I was, I'm just glad I don't have a true credit card (I had a debit, and thankfully that's easier to control, and I've ever only used it twice on line, long before I got the Veoh client.  The worst thing is the client sucks ass).

Never, ever doing that again.  Worse case scenario, I learned my lesson.

Thatman

• Unemployed
  • U didn't kill me u only killed my stunt double
    • View Profile
    • Gunshot
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 08:56:30 PM »

Same thing I said.  I mean those user agreements tend to be so generic I give them a once over and that's usually enough.  Dee dee dee...

But seriously now that I see that I didn't hesitate two seconds before I ripped Veoh from my puter, cancelled my account, hunted down any left over spyware with my hunter-killer programs, and ousted any self-replicating crap left behind (I hope I got it all).  I'm simply appalled at how stupid I was, I'm just glad I don't have a true credit card (I had a debit, and thankfully that's easier to control, and I've ever only used it twice on line, long before I got the Veoh client.  The worst thing is the client sucks ass).

Never, ever doing that again.  Worse case scenario, I learned my lesson.

oh that reminds me i got to go delete that

well i never read those terms of services because they are just too long for my short attention span  :lordilsmile:

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 01:17:41 AM »
uuuhhhh.... :e_crying: sorry...for some reason i cant help but feel im sorta responsible...hope none of you lost anything. if you have i'll give you excel saga imperfect collection - oh, its australian region...do you have multi region?