Author Topic: Youtube - y'know...  (Read 8347 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: Youtube - y'know...
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 04:15:52 PM »
uuuhhhh.... :e_crying: sorry...for some reason i cant help but feel im sorta responsible...hope none of you lost anything. if you have i'll give you excel saga imperfect collection - oh, its australian region...do you have multi region?
No, no, no! Not your fault at all. :icon_smile: I'm glad we all had a chance to be informed about the consequences of useing the VeohTV client. Knowledge is power. And Soske delivered in spades. ^^

And I know we all do it, but watching anime on YouTube hurts the industry.
It can be both good and bad... Or perhaps comparing it to a double-edged sword would make better sense. I believe it's only bad to a point after a title has been licensed for distribution outside from Japan.

I also believe in the 'try before you buy' method before making anime purchases. Streaming anime has helped me a great deal in this regard.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 04:38:31 PM »
Yeah, don't blame yourself Randamonian.  And I agree, try before you buy is important, especially with anime since it is so expensive - no one wants to buy something then regret it soon after, better to know that you like it going in.  And YouTube or any other service can't replace owning it - the quality of DVDs is much better than any internet streaming video, and you can watch the DVD anytime you want without having to go look it up on line - and I believe most true fans of anime would much rather own than pirate.

But I will definitely never download any client like that again - I might watch some vids on Stage6 or something, but no more downloading, and downloading the client was no one's fault but mine.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Thatman

• Unemployed
  • U didn't kill me u only killed my stunt double
    • View Profile
    • Gunshot
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 06:03:24 PM »
uuuhhhh.... :e_crying: sorry...for some reason i cant help but feel im sorta responsible...hope none of you lost anything. if you have i'll give you excel saga imperfect collection - oh, its australian region...do you have multi region?

it aint your fault i downloaded Veoh Tv before I even joined the forum.

Also, I only watch unliscened show on online viewers. I mean if it a moderately good dub, why not get the better quality available on the dvds

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 06:07:57 PM »

Nah, it's not your fault. :)

I never had VeohTV installed, but I did have the old Veoh Video Client.  Suffice to say, I removed it.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 01:26:50 AM »
oh, okay. im arright now.

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 12:09:25 AM »
i reckon it helps the industry cause people can try it out before buying it. if they can just give us a couple of episodes...
im just kidding about people putting on videos reducing how much they can put on, cant they put on an infinate amount on the internet?
ZOMG, you broke the internet D:

actually i think they should ALLOW fansubs, atleast until the anime comes out in america (if it ever comes out)
>:/

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 01:35:23 AM »
hey, i was wondering where you can get the lucky star anime - it's not on amazon, nor ebay. definantly not the shops. where is it?!

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 02:39:11 AM »
To tell you the truth it only finished airing this year, i waited ages to watch the last episode.  However you can find it at this website to download them: http://realitylapse.com/videos/lucky-star.php
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't many people happy?

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 04:50:30 PM »
oh, downloading's almost impossoble for me - impossible on my own. i got someone who could do it for me.

but that's pretty slow going. do you know when the dvds come out?

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2008, 07:34:23 PM »

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 05:24:52 PM »
thanks - a straight answer.
just somethin to add in the what does 2008 heev in store for you thread...