Author Topic: Pissing me off....  (Read 8593 times)

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
Pissing me off....
« on: October 14, 2007, 12:54:46 AM »
This is really starting to tick me off... Lately I have been watching a butt load of anime in order to find out specific characters I want to draw, so I watch the anime to understand their character better and thus draw them more in character.

This week I watched all of The Melancoly of Haruhi and Lucky Star and last week I watched all of both Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate.

The animes are good dont get me wrong, but as I research more into them I get pissed at what I find...

Haruhi was based off a light novel, but the anime was only based off the first book of the novel aka "The Melancoly" book, with a few added stories from the later works. But from what I research of the novel, it has a mass amount of great stories that would have been great for the anime. But why was it never done? Its so stupid not to do it...

I personally watched this anime in its chronological order, not the way it was aired on TV. I loved it but the way that the climax of the series was actually one of the middle episodes and the actual ending of the series was just well had no closer at all made me feel a littled left out. I dont know if the light novel has/will be translated or not but this story has to have an ending to be seen if it is made into an anime.

I mean the girl is basically God and the anime gave no closer as to what will happen to her or any of the other characters because honestly what will happen when they graduate or something like that?

Haruhi had a huge fan based so it just doesnt add up as to why would you not continue and complete the series...

Another anime, Hellsing, the original run was fairly good but lacked the plot of the manga. But thankfully now they ARE doing the actual Manga version but 2 things are stupid. 1. why did they bother making the first series and not follow the plot and 2. why make it ONLY OVA? I mean its shown that the OVA has even been having delays in production its just gah!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Lucky Star.... well... its good, got no beef with it. Its based of a comic strip with a later manga adaptation so the original is the comic strip and the anime stays true to its ideals so its good. But this is a rare situation...

I just hate how this is going, Full Metal, Excel Saga, all these arent staying true to their real plot and I just dont get it. They leave the person unsatisfied and longing for the real thing. Whats worse is that for those that arent native from their source we might never see the original story or know what this anime or that is based off of...

It just really REALLY pisses me off...

I have to find a time in the near future to go back and restore the world.
                 -Kyon

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
Re: Pissing me off....
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 04:15:57 AM »
Quote from: skycloud117
Another anime, Hellsing, the original run was fairly good but lacked the plot of the manga. But thankfully now they ARE doing the actual Manga version but 2 things are stupid. 1. why did they bother making the first series and not follow the plot and 2. why make it ONLY OVA? I mean its shown that the OVA has even been having delays in production its just gah!!!!!!!!!!!

now the reason for the original series loosing the manga plot is simple...the company faced bankruptcy. Hellsing was in production when they realised they had hardly any money left so the made a seperate quick ending then released it. It's proved so succesful that they've recovered and have decided to do the series justice. As for Ultimate being an ova well they really wanted to focus on the story in each volume. the reason for delays well you know how long it takes to do an anime from storyboards and artork and lets not forget hellsing is still being published so they can't exactly rush the anime otherwise they'll do like last time and make a differant ending.

Quote from: skycloud117
I just hate how this is going, Full Metal, Excel Saga, all these arent staying true to their real plot and I just dont get it. They leave the person unsatisfied and longing for the real thing. Whats worse is that for those that arent native from their source we might never see the original story or know what this anime or that is based off of...

I don't know which you mean when you put full metal but as for the Excel Saga anime Rikudou originally didn't want the anime to follow the manga for the simple fact he had a few surprises for his fans (Elgala for example) so Afro boy pretty much had the reigns when making the anime

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 07:23:37 AM »
Lolz at Incognito in Hellsing (TV).  Worst character in any show ever.

From Uncyclopedia:

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 07:56:42 AM »
Didn't I hear somewheres that Incognito was created solely as a filler character just to finish off the first Hellsing anime?

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 07:59:37 AM »
Didn't I hear somewheres that Incognito was created solely as a filler character just to finish off the first Hellsing anime?

You heard correctly.  He is not in the manga and will not be in the OVA series.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 12:56:21 PM »
I've also heard from many enlightened sources and observations that Incognito does, in point of fact, suck hard ass :P.

I was annoyed with that ending too, but as Hai1 pointed out there are reasons for these differences.  And Haruhi is likely going to continue with the rest of the stories from the light novel, but bear in mind this process takes 1) Time and 2) Money.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 01:01:31 PM »
I don't know which you mean when you put full metal but as for the Excel Saga anime Rikudou originally didn't want the anime to follow the manga for the simple fact he had a few surprises for his fans (Elgala for example) so Afro boy pretty much had the reigns when making the anime

By Full metal im sorry I dont mean Full Metal Panic, I mean Fullmetal Alchemist.

I was annoyed with that ending too, but as Hai1 pointed out there are reasons for these differences.  And Haruhi is likely going to continue with the rest of the stories from the light novel, but bear in mind this process takes 1) Time and 2) Money.

I do hope your right about Haruhi, but really why cant they just get it right the first time...

-Kyon

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 01:06:37 PM »
Well, it's not even an issue of getting it "right" the first time.  Many times when a company proposes a project and they are greenlit for production, an amount of money is allocated to the project and the producers must decide just how much they can do with what they have.  An Anime, especially TV anime, doesn't have an enormous budget on average to play with.  So perhaps the producers knew that they would have to make a limited series to begin with, focusing on the first part and get that out there, then see what kind of profit they could make from it.  All signs are that Haruhi was a smashing success both at home and abroad, so I can't believe they wouldn't reinvest some of that profit to keep the train going.  The same happened with FMP I expect, and they already finished their third series and I bet will have more coming since there is still so much more source material from which to draw.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »
But then again look at all the stupid fillers that they added, like Ingogfag from Hellsing, they could have spent that money to follow the right series then add gay ass characters like that. I bet it even costs more money to make fillers because you have to add dif characters, new storylines, etc.

-Kyon

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 01:16:48 PM »
gay ass characters

Like Pedro or the Great Will.

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 01:20:41 PM »
exactly, could have had Elgala instead of Pedro....

-Kyon

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 01:24:43 PM »
exactly, could have had Elgala instead of Pedro....

That would have been awesome, but no chapters with Elgala had been published by the time the anime was finished.

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »
Excel Saga volume 7 was first published in 1997, when was the anime made?

-Kyon

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 01:48:33 PM »
Excel Saga volume 7 was first published in 1997, when was the anime made?

Where did you hear that? O.o

The first ever chapter of Excel Saga was published in Young King OURS in 1997, if I'm correct.

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 01:54:01 PM »
im reading the publication on the manga volume but hold on let me look at wiki one sec

-Kyon