Author Topic: Garry's Mod  (Read 2677 times)

ChazFox

• Spare Emergency Food Supply
  • Unemployed
    • View Profile
Garry's Mod
« on: December 01, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »
Garry's Mod is a Half Life 2 physics sandbox mod. In short, you can do anything you like. Want to try building a catapult? Go right ahead and make one. Not good at building? Spawn ragdolls of your favourite HL2 characters and place them in silly poses. Still no fun? You could always try spawning a few hundred zombies and battling it out in a duel to the death! At the moment it's a retail game, but it doesn't cost too much ^^

So, anyone messed around with this? I'm on my laptop at the moment, awaiting my new desktop to arrive but when I get back into the groove I'm probably going to try making a few defensive contraptions (To protect potential emergency food supplies from the impending threats of zombies, headcrabs, ravenous Excels etc. ;))

Feel free to post screenshots of any contraptions you might have made, or just discuss recent developments of the mod. (For one, I'm totally looking forward to the full release of Orange Box content to play around with in GMod.)
"Wear a helmet and you're always safe!"

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
Re: Garry's Mod
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 03:44:49 PM »
I love Garry's Mod, been playing it since the GMod 7 days.  Unfortunately, some unexplainable happenings have occurred with the program, and it's been very hard to get working as of late.

Still one of mah favorite games ever, though.

ChazFox

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 03:50:50 PM »
You've been playing longer than I have then :P I started from 9.0.4, after a reccomendation last year from a friend.

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 02:20:46 PM »
I've been enjoying it for quite some time... Gmod 10 was worth the money i'd say...
I have been having a break from the mod for some time, i pretty much just do the same stuff over and over when i play it these days, so i am awaiting the next big update, that is supposed to include all the HL2:EP2 improvements, additions, and TF2 and Portal features and props...

I can't wait for THAT to happen, then it'll finally feel fresh again... :)
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

ChazFox

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 03:35:21 PM »
Hey Micki, have you ever tried Wiremod for Gmod 10?

Takes some learning to get used to (as a matter of fact I'm still trying to get my head around it) but as far as I've seen it's a huge improvement to GMod 10 (especially if you have the Phoenix Model Pack) and lets you create some of the most awesome gadgets you could think of (Automated turrets being one.)

And yes, I'm totally looking forward to the orange box update, especially after hearing that lamps actually cast shadows now :D If you know how to use the finger posing tool you could make awesome shadow puppets.

BloodShed

• Khorne Berzerker
  • Social Worker
  • Izzatafactnow?
    • View Profile
    • BloodDawn
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 03:43:15 AM »
Hey Micki, have you ever tried Wiremod for Gmod 10?

Takes some learning to get used to (as a matter of fact I'm still trying to get my head around it) but as far as I've seen it's a huge improvement to GMod 10 (especially if you have the Phoenix Model Pack) and lets you create some of the most awesome gadgets you could think of (Automated turrets being one.

I am quite adapt at using Wiremod ^_^

Here are some of the stuff I've done in Gmod

Wired engine

Wire Satelite (moves over a player and fires a laser on their ass ^_^)

Old rail gun I made in Gmod 9

Gcombat 08 beta (fun at hell when you combine it with wiremod)

Sapper swep (Gcombat)

Torpedo

Other stuff

I fear no evil, for I am fear incarnate!

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 04:16:42 PM »
I really REALLY need the additions/mods/etc you have added to your Gmod, they look so fun :D
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

BloodShed

• Khorne Berzerker
  • Social Worker
  • Izzatafactnow?
    • View Profile
    • BloodDawn
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 09:48:22 AM »
I really REALLY need the additions/mods/etc you have added to your Gmod, they look so fun :D

I can post all links just say the word ^_^
I fear no evil, for I am fear incarnate!