Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull  (Read 2366 times)

Sweeney_Todd

• The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  • Emergency food supply
  • He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.
    • View Profile
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
« on: June 05, 2008, 02:14:22 PM »
Who here has seen Indy's latest adventure?
"He kept a shop in London Town
Of fancy clients and good renown
And what if none of their souls were saved
They went to their maker impeccably shaved
By Sweeney
By Sweeney Todd
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"

"The Ballad of Sweeney Todd"

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 02:56:17 PM »
Not a bad film, better than I thought it was going to be like.

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 03:19:11 PM »
Not yet. I've heard it's really dumb, but that doesn't exactly dissuade me.

Rika-chama

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 03:50:42 PM »
[CONTAINS SPOILERS]

It was pretty good although not great. The whole alien bit just made it really really cheesy and stupid. It was nice to see Shia LeBeouf play Indy's son although that was kinda cheesy too. Overall I would say it's worth a watch for Indy fans and for a fun little romp.

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 05:15:41 AM »
Nothing more than a popcorn movie, in my opinion.  Albeit it was much better than temple of doom (that little kid really irritated me), the plot line got weak after the half way point of the movie.  The ending sucked badly, especially for an Indiana Jones movie.

And that Russian accent....my god was it awful, its something we English would sound like if we attempted to copy the accent.  They could have at least cast a Russian actress for a more realistic approach.
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't many people happy?

Sweeney_Todd

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 09:46:16 AM »
Nothing more than a popcorn movie, in my opinion.  Albeit it was much better than temple of doom (that little kid really irritated me), the plot line got weak after the half way point of the movie.  The ending sucked badly, especially for an Indiana Jones movie.

And that Russian accent....my god was it awful, its something we English would sound like if we attempted to copy the accent.  They could have at least cast a Russian actress for a more realistic approach.
I liked Short Round.
By Sweeney
By Sweeney Todd

Sweeney_Todd

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 09:48:55 AM »
[CONTAINS SPOILERS]

It was pretty good although not great. The whole alien bit just made it really really cheesy and stupid. It was nice to see Shia LeBeouf play Indy's son although that was kinda cheesy too. Overall I would say it's worth a watch for Indy fans and for a fun little romp.
I agree.
By Sweeney
By Sweeney Todd

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 04:09:54 PM »
[CONTAINS SPOILERS]

I agree.

Same here. Pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

It's not so much that it was horrible, but it definately wasn't great for a Indiana Jones movie. My expectations went a bit too high for this one. I mean Harrison Ford said himself that he wouldn't do another Indy movie unless he felt the story was good enough.... Jebus tap-dancing Christmas..!! He thought this was good??? O_O
Well... the ol' guy IS gettin' up there in age - can't separate the good, the bad, and the ugly anymore..

And maybe it's just me, but it seems as though anything with Spielberg's name attached just doesn't quite have that certain magic anymore.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 09:16:40 PM »
[CONTAINS SPOILERS]

I agree.

It's not so much that it was horrible, but it definately wasn't great for a Indiana Jones movie. My expectations went a bit too high for this one. I mean Harrison Ford said himself that he wouldn't do another Indy movie unless he felt the story was good enough.... Jebus tap-dancing Christmas..!! He thought this was good??? O_O
Well... the ol' guy IS gettin' up there in age - can't separate the good, the bad, and the ugly anymore..

And maybe it's just me, but it seems as though anything with Spielberg's name attached just doesn't quite have that certain magic anymore.

It's Lucas' fault, he just HAD to have his aliens in there.  Originally, I shit you not, it was going to be titled Indiana Jones and the Men from Mars (or something along those lines, I forgot the actual title) and be almost entirely sci-fi.  Now THAT would have been a travesty.  Luckily, Spielberg and someone else were able to coax him into toning down the usage of aliens, so that the movie wouldn't be a complete crapfest.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 09:18:21 PM by Foggle »

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 02:29:39 AM »
If they changed the ending, i think it would have been a little less of a disapointment
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't many people happy?

Rika-chama

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 05:52:23 PM »
[CONTAINS SPOILERS]

I agree.

It's Lucas' fault, he just HAD to have his aliens in there.  Originally, I shit you not, it was going to be titled Indiana Jones and the Men from Mars (or something along those lines, I forgot the actual title) and be almost entirely sci-fi.  Now THAT would have been a travesty.  Luckily, Spielberg and someone else were able to coax him into toning down the usage of aliens, so that the movie wouldn't be a complete crapfest.

Seriously?!  :lordilvryannoyed: Wow, I mean doesn't he know that Indy isn't about sci-fi? Sheesh.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 07:05:04 PM »
Indiana Jones and the Men from Mars (or something along those lines, I forgot the actual title)

The full original title was "Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men From Mars.  Seriously.  Lucas meant for it to be an homage to bad 50's era sci-fi movies, but when he first pitched it to Spielberg and Ford, they just looked at him and asked "Seriously, who's your dealer, I want what you're smoking" (not really, but that was the gist :D), and they instead went for the homage to rock'em-sock'em 30's-40's era "Cliffhanger" type movies.

My friends have warned me away from this, and I think it would ruin the happy memories I had of The Last Crusade.  That was my last Indy movie, I cannot recognize this, especially since Lucas had too much of a hand in it. 

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 02:17:07 PM »
Very good film and better, than the starwars prequels

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 03:24:10 PM »
I enjoyed it, too. It's dumb, but like... if Indiana Jones movies aren't allowed to be dumb, what is?