Author Topic: Funimation = Geneon's New Distributor  (Read 12330 times)

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
Re: Funimation = Geneon's New Distributor
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 05:00:16 PM »
And, after a little bit of digging, I found out that Funimation has also acquired at least thirty licensed titles from ADV Films. Seems they're taking over a good portion of the market.[/color]
OK, so what the hell is going to happen to ADV's releases of NHK Vol. 6 and Kanon Vol. 6!?

I wonder if they still going to release them?  The article makes no mention if this.  I'm a little worried that I may have to wait a very long time to finish these series; both of which I am really looking forward to.

Plus, this means, potentially, even less for the on-demand Animé Network.  My cable company doesn't carry Funimation channel...

E^d

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 02:19:06 AM »
My friends are going to be so excited to hear that they can finally finish Higurashi. :elhail:

Also what about the fate of Rozen Maiden?  Does Funi have that also?
Yessir.

Oh thank God, it will be nice to eventually get Rozen Maiden on Region 2's
Rozen Maiden was an enjoyable series. This might be another title I'll pick up.
Suigintou kicks ass!

You sir are mistaken....Suiseiseki kicks arse ~Desu
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't many people happy?

Rika-chama

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 06:24:22 PM »
My friends are going to be so excited to hear that they can finally finish Higurashi. :elhail:

Also what about the fate of Rozen Maiden?  Does Funi have that also?
Yessir.

Oh thank God, it will be nice to eventually get Rozen Maiden on Region 2's

Awesomeness.  I hope they also get Kyo Kara Maoh.  It seems all the DVDs my friends and I watch were from Geneon. :il_hahaha:

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 11:29:20 AM »
this is good news from funimation but it brings 2 important questions

1. Does This mean ADV are having trouble (or since I haven't been here for a bit mean ADV don't exist O_O)

2. will funimation be releasing old ADV titles that ADV have stopped publishing (ie Dirty Pair Flash, Martian Successor Nadesico)

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 11:35:11 AM »
this is good news from funimation but it brings 2 important questions

1. Does This mean ADV are having trouble (or since I haven't been here for a bit mean ADV don't exist O_O)

2. will funimation be releasing old ADV titles that ADV have stopped publishing (ie Dirty Pair Flash, Martian Successor Nadesico)

1:  I believe so - they still exist, but they have been having trouble of late, somewhat akin to the woes Geneon USA was having.  It was some months ago that I found a story on Anime News Network that said that ADV would be limiting some of its lines, canceling NewType USA and the ADV network, but since I haven't bought a NewType in a long, long time, and never had their network, I don't know if this has happened yet or not.

2:  I haven't heard any news on this front yet, but I keep checking the wires periodically. 

Frankly, FUNimation has just been doing a better job than ADV in getting more business done, usually on the back of highly popular mainstream series, but it has been my thinking for a while that that was all just a means to an end, giving them the financial power to take command and go down other avenues as well.  More power to them if they succeed and don't screw up like so many have before them.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 03:04:08 PM »
Funimation are deffinatly the best choice I mean look at One Piece XD

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 08:38:11 PM »
Funimation are deffinatly the best choice I mean look at One Piece XD

As long as I never have to listen to the awful English Dub.  I hear they are redoing it with a new cast and everything and not turning it into some 4Kids piece of shit.  I hope so, even though I don't think it would ever be my kind of series.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 07:04:37 PM »
Presently, I have a few more ADV titles, then I have Funimation.  I also have AniméWorks, and Bandai, and a few Geneon.

ADV is still putting up new episodes and even new series, weekly, on their Animé Network on demand.  I hope they keep it going, because I get to see different shows that I might not have considered buying on DVD.  Hits and misses, sure, but that's how it is with all art forms.

E^D

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2008, 05:48:54 AM »
does this mean more UK releases?

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 11:34:33 AM »
As anyone seen the UK crapped dubbed dragonball z movies, the ones that have been cut poorly and made piccolo know by big green, they even botched up the dragonball movies as well when they put them on the now non-extisence toonami, now know as cartoon network 2

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 01:29:27 AM »
oh god don't remind me. that was 4kids though wasn't it

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2008, 03:11:22 PM »
I beleive so the same idiots for redubbing the new pokemon series and the voices sound even worse than before