Author Topic: Don LaFontaine  (Read 1123 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Don LaFontaine
« on: September 03, 2008, 04:42:21 PM »
Don't know the name? Well, his voice is instantly recognizable through countless movie trailers, TV commercial spots, and a few video games. He was jokingly refered to as "the voice of god" because of that unique authoritative voice which demanded your attention - this guy really knew how to sell a movie and did it well.
Heard on the radio this morning that he passed away at 68. The Movie Voice Guy.. gone. Those'll be some shoes that won't easily be filled.

Great vid about him ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QPMvj_xejg

His official site..

The weird thing about this is that I recently became interested in learning more about him and his work a mere three weeks ago.
'Twas quite a shocker.

Mullon

• The Third Iwata Cousin
  • Unemployed
    • View Profile
Re: Don LaFontaine
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 10:44:15 AM »
I wonder who will pick up the slack his passing will leave.
Why don't you just eat peanuts with your eyes and spaghetti through your nose you offense to God!

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 04:00:57 PM »
I wonder who will pick up the slack his passing will leave.
I didn't realize it until just recently that the movie trailers in the theaters have no narrator at all in them now - Just a bunch of movie edits to help sell themselves.

Rika-chama

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 03:21:50 PM »
Sad, that guy was awesome and he had the best freakin' job ever.  I wonder who will replace him 

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 04:13:51 PM »
Some other guy with a really deep voice?

I was sorry to hear this, and he was such a staple in movie trailers, but it didn't exactly shake my world, unlike when Tim Russert or George Carlin died.  I didn't know anything about him other than his role in movie trailers.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move