Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126322 times)

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2009, 11:22:54 PM »
The characters' voices make or break the game for me, sometimes (weird, I know). For instance, I can't play as the male Shepherd in Mass Effect because I find his voice annoying. I'd also rather play Blood than Duke Nukem, because I like Caleb's voice and one liners more than Duke's. MadWorld was made 50x more badass for me because of the voice acting.

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2009, 12:44:39 AM »
You want atypical video game ladies, eh? Can do!
http://static4.animepaper.net/upload/thumbs/scans/Persona-4/%5Bsmall%5D%5BAnimePaper%5Dscans_Persona-4_Zafir(1.33)__THISRES__221776.jpg
Meet Hanako Ohtani from Persona 4, who isn't even a minor character, and is mostly fat-girl comic relief :/ It's funny but not exactly progressive, but she does defy the traditional japanese school girl thing...
and
http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/shadow_hearts_3_conceptart_ZbvH8_thumb.jpg
Hildegard Valentine, hot vampire chick until she omnomnoms too much blood, then she turns... a bit more curvaceous.  She's from Shadow Hearts 3, just in case you were wondering
From what I recall, she even gets different attacks... XD
Chunky guys are harder to find. Too bad, I could use some adorably chunky guys in my RPGS! Rail boys=overrated, square syndrome.
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Dechan

• Talks Like Sumiyoshi
  • Unemployed
  • LET ME TELL YOU THIS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2009, 05:26:45 AM »
I'll admit now that I'm a ZOMG pervert(not creepy pervert, or handsy or anything, just like any other man in the universe). Honestly, maybe I'm strange, but my mind keeps it seperate from video games. I can see where they're coming from and all that, but err... I can't say it makes me more likely to pick people. For instance, in Street Fighter, I'd end up picking Chun Li(if she was real, I wouldn't be able to talk in her prensence because I wouldn't be able to pick my jaw up off the floor) or Rose instead of Zangief or Ryu who I usually pick. I mean, I guess Ryu could be considered like rugged or something(I honestly can't tell normal looking guys from good looking guys) but Zangief? Even as a bloke I know there's really no way that could be nice to look at.

Same with anything. The only game I pick the hot chick is DoA, and that's 'cause there isn't really that much choice in the matter, and I really like Tina's brand of rasslin.

Then again, same goes for anime/manga for me. I am considered strange by most people, though. :p

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2009, 06:17:08 PM »
Who wants to know how my day went?!

*Sound of crickets chirping*

Well, I'm gonna tell ya anyway!

My mom signed us up to go on a bus trip to the Mall of America but today is also the day to submit stuff for our county fair! There's no way I was gonna miss that so I met a lady there who was nice enough to come early and gave her my ceramic pieces, then arriving to get on the bus right on time.

Do you know what happens when you've been reading Excel Saga the night before and fall asleep listening to the Rocky Horror soundtrack?

Janet= Hyatt
Brad= Watanabe
Riff-Raff= Il Palazzo
Magenta= Excel
Columbia= Elgala
Frank-N-Furter= Shioji
Rocky= Iwata
Eddie= Kabapu
Dr. Scott= Sumiyoshi
The Criminologist= Dr. Iwata

I'm not even kidding. Once I dreamed Hyatt and Watanabe were singing "Dammit, Janet!" after I woke up my mind came up with that.

Upon arrival at the Mall I checked Barnes & Noble for comics and found nothing, but got a "ZOMG! Chick in a manga section!" from a creepy dude and managed to slink away.

I also increased my bunny army but my luck has dried up and I got a double. If anyone else collects Dunnys and would like to trade or buy mine please PM me. I want to get rid of it.

Next, as a funny sort of coincidence, I found two awesome Rocky Horror shirts at Hot Topic. Their Twilight stuff makes me cringe but I love the random shirts they get in and sometimes Disney Alice merchandise (I found a key chain!).

I nearly flipped when it seemed one of my favorite stores, European Gifts, was gone but it had simply moved to the third level. I got my heart broken when I found a beautiful Alice statue there for $490 (on sale from $700!).

I went to the Disney store which just gets crappier and crappier. The only thing I wanted was an Up snow globe but it was $90! They didn't even get in the Special Edition of Pete's Dragon! Oh, and I got into a fight with a salesperson when she tried to pimp the Special Edition of Snow White to me. Bitch.

I was thrilled to find Hare+Guu volume six on sale for cheap at F.Y.E but now I need volume 5. Stupid Best Buy got in volumes 1-3 and stopped; I can get them online but they're soooo much more expensive!

After I got home I went to Target to find they were sold out of Pete's Dragon so I reluctantly went to Super Walmart where thankfully they match prices but I'll have to wait until I work a decent shift or get a day off to watch it.

And finally, more hilarity from the journal I kept during school: We had a creative writing assignment where we had to describe someone and another classmate decided to describe his friend's sister, whom they both despise, and wrote "Fat elephant, why do you dance around in booty shorts? God is now blind because of you!"

I thought it was funny...

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 06:40:50 PM by Mad Hatteress »

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2009, 06:26:20 PM »
Haha, god is now blind xD

Please take pics of the stuff you bought btw..! I'm curious with that alice figure you mentioned (you DID get it right ..? Although, $490 is still alot :o)
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2009, 06:32:03 PM »
Please take pics of the stuff you bought btw..! I'm curious with that alice figure you mentioned (you DID get it right ..? Although, $490 is still alot :o)

Sure, I'll take pics when I can find the time.

No, I didn't buy it, but I have their card. I saved up enough to cover this semester of college so I think once I get paid on Friday I'll call to tell them to hold it for me and send them a check. I did it before a long while back when they ordered some Alice dolls in for me so they should be fine with it. It's just so much... ARGH!

Dechan

• Talks Like Sumiyoshi
  • Unemployed
  • LET ME TELL YOU THIS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2009, 07:53:09 AM »
Upon arrival at the Mall I checked Barnes & Noble for comics and found nothing, but got a "ZOMG! Chick in a manga section!" from a creepy dude and managed to slink away.

Ya know, that puzzles me because the majority of people I know who read manga are female. Fair enough, they're probably like me and get their stuff off of Amazon because of annoyances like that.

Also reminds me of a bizzare time when I was 18. There was this girl who would follow me everywhere and just generally really creep me out. She would even be sat on the edge of the bed when I woke up, my mam would just let her in. It's kinda silly looking at it now, as at the time I just felt kinda lose-lose about the entire thing because I didn't wanna tell her to go away because I didn't wanna seem threatening being a big 6'2" 15 stone(aboot 200lb) bloke, her being a skinny little 16 year old girl. The other loss point was could you imagine said rugby player looking dude trying to tell someone about this whole thing?

I didn't feel threatened or anything, but you can kinda imagine how waking up and finding someone sitting on the edge of your bed would be awkward, and then to be followed for the rest of the day. It was more tiring than anything, plus half the guys wouldn't even talk properly when she was around(ya know the type of guy who thinks it's just "gentlemanly") although it was always her attempting to start these conversations.

I'd say how it ended, but I'm not quite sure, she just stopped showing up.

(Man, I don't half go on sometimes)

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2009, 12:29:49 PM »
>:/

Dechan

• Talks Like Sumiyoshi
  • Unemployed
  • LET ME TELL YOU THIS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2009, 12:49:22 PM »
Looks more like me than her, though. :p

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2009, 06:42:50 PM »
Dechan, I didn't think you remembered! :icon_redface:

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2009, 11:35:34 AM »
...So I just slunk back to the Excel Saga forum after a Mince-esque foray into the Outer Internet World.
 :pedronooo:
Whew, I'm glad to be back here; my appreciation for this fandom has increased a hundred-fold from its already loyal level.
Let it be known that it's been a while since I was last really active on a forum. So, in the mood to get back int he swing of things, I went to a popular game developer's website to find details about its upcoming projects.
Half of the threads were petty arguing! It was sorta perturbing... I mean they were all fans of the same thing bickering about minuscule details when there wasn't even a guarantee of a US release. Siiiiiigh.
I forgot how many people use the internet as a pit of vitriol.
... Speaking of pits, can there be an oubliette installed in the interwebs, please?
:excel_fall:
B-B-But I'm safe now, right?

Also, I am sitting on the edge of your topic, staring at you creepily, fyi.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2009, 11:48:58 AM »
NO GET OUT OF HERE XBOT. NO ONE LIKES YOU AND YOUR MICRO$OFT ONLY CARES ABOUT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2009, 11:50:51 AM »
ALSO HOW DARE THOSE GAIJIN TRASNALTERS LEAVE OUT MY DEAR HONORIFICKS

JOONPAY COON 4 LIEF

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2009, 12:38:26 PM »
Sadly, I think you just guessed quite accurately where I was with that second post! Wooooooow, Foggle's a mind-reader!
Seriously, though, the ATLUS forum needed some of Hyatt's pills.

@PAMPLEMOUSSE: OMG ITS MENCHI NOT MINCE YOU STUPID N00B.
@FOGGLE: FOGGLE-KUNSENPAISANAMACHAN, that gril is a baka roflmao

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2009, 12:41:34 PM »
^ Ahh foggle just needs a chill pill or a ginster pasty to calm the nerves