Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126190 times)

Mad Hatteress

Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #300 on: November 09, 2009, 04:58:16 PM »

@Hatteress: How did that auction go?

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #301 on: November 09, 2009, 05:07:31 PM »
^lol!
Think of it this way.. That's over sixty bucks still in your pocket. So maybe you actually won instead. ^^

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #302 on: November 09, 2009, 05:21:57 PM »
^lol!
Think of it this way.. That's over sixty bucks still in your pocket. So maybe you actually won instead. ^^

WAAAAH! But I wanted it! I was totally doing this in front of my computer when I realized the game was up:

I think I would've died if that sweater had been of Captain Haddock. I think I love him so because he's like my inner voice. No... Maybe the pissed off chick from the movie Waiting is more like it but then again she never tried to throw a brick at two children.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #303 on: November 11, 2009, 11:41:40 AM »
^heh.. Well.. I still view you as being the winner. That price was kinda getting up there. O_O

Keep checking for possible future listings. Maybe another will pop up. And with less competition.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #304 on: November 11, 2009, 01:58:13 PM »

Keep checking for possible future listings. Maybe another will pop up. And with less competition.

I doubt it; I've asked Tintin fans around the 'net and apparently that sweater is pretty rare now and cost a small fortune even when it first came out. I did, however, manage to get an $80 Tintin jacket for $40! I thought I'd give Best Offer a shot and they actually accepted! I think they had a hard time selling it because it's a Juniors size. For once there's an advantage to being small!

Ehehehe... I need to hurry and get homework done so I can scan one of my comics. COMING SOON: A sexy new sig!  

EDIT: Completed! Also, WTF? There's, like, 23 guests on here all at once!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 05:12:25 PM by Mad Hatteress »

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 14, 2009, 03:17:10 PM »
Was there a problem with the site, I got the cursed 403 forbidden message for 3 days and part of today and find now I can log back in

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #306 on: November 14, 2009, 04:19:35 PM »
Yeah the site has been down for some time, i'm happy it's running again, wee
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #307 on: November 14, 2009, 05:51:26 PM »
It always feels weird when the site goes down.
This is usually the first place I go when I start the comp for the day.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 14, 2009, 06:00:42 PM »
Me too, i have 4 home pages, but i always have a shortcut for this site whenever i get online though...
I was so very lucky to encounter Maddy on DeviantArt.com, and Pample too ..! So there's at least one place us 3 had in common, where we could still talk about how we missed the forums xD

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #309 on: November 15, 2009, 07:03:41 AM »
Boo... I hate that no mail comes on Sundays! I want my jacket!

Anyway, I have a funny story to share. My mother works with a woman whose last name is "Dick" and she has a gay manager. Two days ago my mother said that manager walked in and ask "How's my Dick today?"

Sorry, I thought it was really funny at the time.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 15, 2009, 08:42:40 AM »
Hahahah xD

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #311 on: November 18, 2009, 01:51:08 PM »
Ugh... I have to stay away from the mall near my school. The other day I bought some manga and shirts I didn't need. How can you say "no" to a Statler and Waldorf shirt, though? The deal was buy one get on half off so then I found a shirt that I actually look good in, and it's super cute, and wasted more money. Bleh. I should've used it to buy GhostBusters. I watched some cutscenes on youtube and want it even more. The dialog is a little monotone and stale, and I don't like that the ghosts I saw didn't flinch or really do anything to acknowledge they'd been zapped, but damn it looks cool!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 02:03:17 PM by Mad Hatteress »

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 18, 2009, 03:51:29 PM »
Ok, so I'm reading the Twilight series because a friend wants me to and I want her to give some manga a chance in return. And I'm strong, I can tolerate it, fuckwitted relationships and all.
But just now Bella started bitching about how wearing a helmet and motorcycling gear would make her look so ugly omg, and I THREW THE BOOK.
Bitch is not cool enough for a motorcycle. And I can say first-hand that gear makes you look supersexy (this may be the only thing I agree with Edward Cullen on, coincidentally). Now I wish that the ending of the series was Bella crashing and having her brains scattered across the highway and noshed by a herd of zombies.
"Twilight... and zombies!"
...I want to make this book now.
XD
No offense to anyone who chooses not to wear protective gear while motorcycling, but this is Bella and it makes it worse.
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #313 on: November 18, 2009, 04:11:56 PM »
^ Oh man... I pity you so much, Pample! Did I ever mention it before when after leaving a movie I saw a group of Twi-tards waiting to see the previous movie and this one teenage chick was crying her eyes out? Her friend asked what was wrong and she's like "I'm just so excited!".

You know how they used to run gas through the showers at concentration camps? They need to do that to people who go to the theater to see Twilight.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 18, 2009, 04:31:28 PM »
Twilight offends me in so many ways, but especially as a writer. That someone with so little writing talent can make so much money off of moronic tweens and teens, and frighteningly enough mature-aged women that it shames every struggling writer with genuine talent that actually tries to craft something intelligent and worthwhile. It's just depressing. I've bitched about this in chat ad nauseam, but with New Moon fast approaching the hatred and loathing just builds within me more and more. And I actually read a little of Twilight just to see what it was like. God, so awful.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move