Author Topic: Wanna look at my ceramic pieces (and random junk)?  (Read 21544 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: Wanna look at my ceramic pieces?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 02:00:28 PM »
Squirrel, bunny, rodent.... 40 foot tall man-eating cyclops monster... they're all the same. :e_tongue:

Imma chargin' mah camera battery atm. Should have something up this evening. ^^

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 06:50:26 PM »
What I feel bad about is not saving some of the nicer, better detailed designs to take pics of - I gave a lot of the good stuff away to friends and family. But believe me, after working long hours with this stuff for six years, you don't want to see too much of it after you get home each day. lol!

1. The first pic is a vase. It's two cut slabs of clay joined together with another small slab for the bottom. The water, moon, trees design was airbrushed. This one looked too blobby so it wasn't saleable.

2. These are known as "Bread Warmers" or sometimes jokingly called "Bun Warmers".. My ex-boss advertised them with the slogan, "Keep Your Buns Warm!" They're heated in an oven and are put in the bottom of bread baskets to warm up dinner rolls, etc. at the table. The designs are airbrushed stencils of geese. I must've pressed and finished literally hundreds of different designs of them as they were a big seller. These two have a slight warp which made them unsaleable. I just hang 'em up on the kitchen wall.

3. & 4. These are cast figures which were purchased and given to retired members of the Canadian Air Force and Navy. All details are hand painted. This pilot and sailor you see here are both worthless because of a crack in each of their bases. If I didn't save them they would've met a fate worse than death.. Can you say "Hammertime?" :e_tongue:

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 01:09:39 PM »
Oh, wow! I really, really love the first two! Thanks so much for posting pics of them! They're lovely!

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 05:35:17 PM »
That vase is very pretty, i'd put a plant in that..!
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 03:21:48 PM »
And here I thought the vase would be the least liked!! :il_hahaha:

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 03:24:11 PM »
^ Are you kidding? That vase is freaking awesome! The scenery on it is gorgeous!

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 03:33:21 PM »
^At the time, we thought that some of the green was overpowering the overall look of the vase. But if you think it looks that good... too bad we didn't just sell it. lol!
Oh well, it was my gain.

I can look back fondly on these pieces nowadays and say, yeah, I made those. :e_pleased:

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 03:38:29 PM »
^ For marketing reasons I can see what you mean; a more subtle green would've been a better choice, but I still like it.

Mad Hatteress

Re: Wanna look at my ceramic pieces (and maybe some crappy drawings)?
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 03:46:36 PM »
I tested my new printer, which comes with a scanner, using this old pic I did. Just thought I'd post it 'cause I'm bored.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 05:11:34 PM »
^Cute! :il_hahaha:

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 05:37:49 AM »
Watch it Lord Il, she's gonna scratch you if you thought about petting it  :il_hahaha:
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 05:22:43 PM »
^Oh, I saw those claws alright...

I'd sooner take my chances petting an electrified barbed wire fence. :il_hahaha:

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2009, 03:12:38 PM »
Sorry, I think I'm funny:

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2009, 10:18:37 AM »
Those painted pieces are stunning, Mad Hatteress!  Is that a Stone Dragon, in your first post?  It's really cool!  Like some old English stone wall just decided to get up, and move.  That teapot is way freaky!  It's perfect.  I also really like your choice of colors for the crystal wizard, adn expecially that carousel seahorse.  That seahorse is soo pretty!

E^D

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2009, 10:38:41 AM »
Those painted pieces are stunning, Mad Hatteress!  Is that a Stone Dragon, in your first post?  It's really cool!  Like some old English stone wall just decided to get up, and move.

Wow! Thank you! Your comment really means a lot because I really tried to make him look convincing in that he was made up entirely of stone. You can't really tell in the pic but he's antiqued in green to make it look like there's moss on him.

That teapot is way freaky!  It's perfect.

XD I get that reaction a lot when people see it. If he weren't so darn bloated and I think if I'd given him different color eyes he wouldn't seem so scary.

I also really like your choice of colors for the crystal wizard,

Thanks. He was pretty easy because the mold was even called "Winter Wizard". So instantly I thought "I gotta paint him blue".

adn expecially that carousel seahorse.  That seahorse is soo pretty!

That piece almost didn't turn out at all. While I was painting it my teacher suddenly discovered that I was using the final bottle of some of the color for the mane. I tried to stretch out the colors as much as I could but there's a small spot that's hidden pretty well where I had to use a different color.

It sucks when companies discontinue colors; it's usually always the really pretty/neat ones.