Author Topic: Favorite Game Quote and/or Cutscenes?  (Read 8708 times)

Mad Hatteress

Favorite Game Quote and/or Cutscenes?
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:26:04 PM »
Just wondering if you guys have any game quotes or cutscenes you like and want to share. I'm fond of the funny ones so here's some that I can remember:

Thousand Arms
Boy: "Have you seen my dad's resurrection? My mom said she'll leave him if he can't find it."

Space Channel 5 (you'd have to hear him say it to find it funny)
Purge: "Dance yourselves to Hell! See if I care!"

Persona 2
(can't remember who said it): "Let's postive thinking!"

Phoenix Wright: Justice For All (after hearing Larry's testimony)
Franziska: "Are...?"
Edgeworth: "You...?"
Judge: "High! That girl is up so high!"

As for cutscene's, nothing beats this one from Devil Summoner where Victor gets to have his way with Rasputin XD : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9afG3X55p6I

Meet Greg the Grim Reaper from Conker's Bad Fur Day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9afG3X55p6I

I wish I could find a clip of Bandiger from Thousand Arms to share. He's this incredibly flamboyant man that wears a little man-thong and has the gayest voice I've ever heard. He attacks you with an umbrella and shouts "You spin me round and round, baby!" while doing it.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Game Quote and/or Cutscenes?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 07:42:16 PM »
Persona 2
(can't remember who said it): "Let's postive thinking!"
Best quote from any game. Ever. "YOU DAMNED, KIRYU!" from Yakuza 3 comes close, though.

Basically anything your units say in StarCraft is quote-worthy. Tokyo Beat Down has the best dialogue ever. The horrible fucking puns from Persona 3 are also hilarious.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 07:47:26 PM »
^XD I'm kind of an idiot for not looking it up or remembering; it was Maya, the MC herself! OMG, it's so nice to find another Persona fan on here! Hmm... I don't remember the puns in P3 because I haven't played it so long but Teddy in P4 really annoyed me with his.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 07:53:40 PM »
She also said it in Innocent Sin, where she wasn't the MC, iirc. P2 Innocent Sin is basically the best JRPG of all time.

Here's an example of the great puns from P3:
"So I heard about this new steakhouse in town... why don't we go MEAT up there?"
"The train almost crashed, but they were able to stop it in time... what a lucky BRAKE."
I don't remember the rest, but there were at least 10 more. I gotta' play it again sometime.

I haven't played Persona 4 yet. I've been meaning to, though.

Oh, and how could I forget to mention God Hand, MadWorld, and House of the Dead: Overkill for best cutscenes/quotes!? Those games are absolutely hilarious!

And let's not forget House of the Dead 2 or Resident Evil...
"G's... blood... stains!"
"Suffer like G did!"
"Dogs of the AMS... time they made a move."

"You were almost a Jill sandwich!"
"Hope this is not Chris' blood!"
"I found a weapon... it's very powerful, especially against living things!"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:55:19 PM by Foggle »

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 08:05:08 PM »
MADWORLD!!!!!!! Ohmygosh how could I forget about the greatness of the commentary!

I found a clip of some of it. For those not familiar with Madworld, a quick warning that there's offensive content: http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/madworld-funny-commentary/310788

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 10:39:49 PM »
Suikoden 2:
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the thousands!  Look at me! I am sublime! I am the true face of evil!"  -Luca Blight

I'll add more later.

Turbam!!!

• uh...
  • Emergency food supply
  • I'M A DOCTOR!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 11:18:54 PM »
Metal Gear Solid 2

"Colonel, we managed to avoid drowning!"

"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm from flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hiri-kiri Rock.  I need scissors! 61!"

Metal Gear Solid 4

"Ok Snake, time to change the disk.  I know, I know, it's a pain, but you have to do it in order to go on.  Now switch to the disk 2, do you see the disk labeled 2?" "No..." "Huh...? OH YEAH! Were on Playstation 3 it's a blu-ray dual layered to boot, no need to switch.!" "Dammit Otacon get a grip!"

Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)

"tHat tORnaDOES caRRYING a CAr!"

"It's no use!!!!"

Devil May Cry

"My mother risked her life for me...and now you to.  I should have saved you.  I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIGHT!"

lets see....what else is there....

uh..."Mah boi...this peace is what all *is shot*

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 12:30:35 PM »
I liked the intro to devil may cry 4

super llama

• Giant Enemy Llama
  • Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 03:35:32 PM »
Nearly every quote from the horrible dub of Megaman 8 is a classic, but then there's the even more classic:

"When we find da meteah, we'll find Doctah Wiwey!"
All these college professors teaching classes about Shakespeare, who was the 16th-century equivalent of a director of summer-blockbusters, makes me wonder if 500 years from now we'll have college courses on the subtle nuances of Michael Bay movies.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 01:40:47 PM »
To be honest the only video game quote if you can class it has a quote which as only ever stuck in mind is from mortal kombat which was Finish him!

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 12:59:19 PM »
Just remembered one of my favorites from Madworld (sorry if it's a little off):

Kreese: Stay off the drugs, kids!
Howard: Drink booze like I do!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 05:14:10 PM by Mad Hatteress »

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 04:13:34 PM »
I just remembered that the Blood games and SiN have amazing one-liners. Theirs were actually original, too, unlike the ones in Duke Nukem 3D. ;) And who can forget such excellent head-slappers from F.E.A.R. 2 as "I don't give a shit if it's Godzilla, just kill the bastard!" and "he's behind the fucking barn!"?

Just remembered one of my favorites from Madworld (sorry if it's a little off):

Kreese: Stay of the drugs, kids!
Howard: Drink booze like I do!
One of the best quotes from the game. I also love their conversation about "washing down scotch with a little scotch" and the whole "awesome rack on her, though!" bit. An honorable mention goes to the ending credits, of course. :il_hahaha:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:18:12 PM by Foggle »

super llama

• Giant Enemy Llama
  • Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 12:00:57 PM »
There's also my favorite line from The World Ends With You:

"I'll be off listening to bands you kids have never even HEARD of! And then, when they go major, I'll be there to complain about how they sold out!"
All these college professors teaching classes about Shakespeare, who was the 16th-century equivalent of a director of summer-blockbusters, makes me wonder if 500 years from now we'll have college courses on the subtle nuances of Michael Bay movies.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 06:20:39 PM »
Metal Gear Solid 4

"Ok Snake, time to change the disk.  I know, I know, it's a pain, but you have to do it in order to go on.  Now switch to the disk 2, do you see the disk labeled 2?" "No..." "Huh...? OH YEAH! Were on Playstation 3 it's a blu-ray dual layered to boot, no need to switch.!" "Dammit Otacon get a grip!"

Haha that was great.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 12:26:42 PM »
One of the best cut scenes I have seen in my own opinion is the intro for guardian heroes on the sega saturn, pity the rest of the game was a bit easy with crappy screen art endings