Author Topic: Ouendan!!!  (Read 1386 times)

Mad Hatteress

Ouendan!!!
« on: August 27, 2009, 10:12:04 AM »
Well, I know at least one other person has played these games but it would be cool if there's other fans as well to really get a conversation going. For those who don't know the incredibly crappy Elite Beat Agents game was based off of the super amazing DS game Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan which is about a group of people who cheer people on to achieve their goals rather than dancing like morons.

Neither of the two Ouendan games are available in English but you can easily find them on eBay. I cannot read a bit of Japanese but it's no problem navigating through the easy menus and what the levels are about are portrayed excellently in the pictures. Plus, someone was nice enough to translate both games if by chance you do get confused.

The first game has better songs but the second offers up a rival squad as well as a super hard mode where the guide circles are taken away and the number you have to press vanish! I can only do Easy and some of Normal with that mode; Hard and Extreme are hard enough the regular way!

So... Yeah... I'll stop blabbering until there are other posts. IF you own a DS but haven't picked up the two Ouendan games you really should. It'll be difficult even on Easy mode for newbies but I promise you'll catch on quick and really enjoy it!

WolfeMcGowann

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
Re: Ouendan!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 09:20:56 AM »
I also have to strongly recommend this game, especially for those who played Elite Beat Agents. The game is easy to play but insanely hard to master; I've worn out the touchscreen so much on my DS that it seems to have permanently shifted 2 centimeters to the right through frenzied stabbing of it with the stylus. So yeah, it s quite addictive...

Personally I prefer the second game as I adore the rival squad, but the first does have better songs, if you're into Japanese music. The characters themselves are probably the coolest I've seen in a video game, as they basically turn cheerleading into a manly, hot-blooded dance off. Yeah, and hard mode WILL destroy your sanity....   :il_hahaha:

On a side note, to those who played the game: remember the third hidden song in the second game, the one with the samurai? I unlocked that at about 11pm, Christmas Eve, which was very strange...    

Turbam!!!

• uh...
  • Emergency food supply
  • I'M A DOCTOR!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ouendan!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 08:38:54 PM »
Aww I liked Elite Beat Agents ;_;

Either way yeah I'd have to reccomend them too.  Play-Asia has a really great deal on Ouendan 2.  $30 if memory serves correctly.  I wouldn't mind getting an OTO/EBA conversation started up...but what would we talk about?