Author Topic: Invader ZIM fans take note..  (Read 3273 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Invader ZIM fans take note..
« on: March 28, 2011, 07:13:49 PM »
I'm a bit late but thought I'd give attention to this for those interested.

Nickelodeon, feeling the pressure of thousands of rabid fans, has opted for a chance to bring Invader ZIM back to continue his invasion of earth with all new episodes. A new DVD, Operation DOOM, was released last February which is a compilation of some of the past highest rated episodes. Should this DVD sell very well, this could mean the previously scripted but unreleased episodes could finally become animated.

Already own all the previous DVDs? No problem! Corrupting your friends and relatives minds will be easy by buying them a copy of Operation DOOM - They'll be imitating GIR and making people go crazy in no time..! :eevil: "Hi, floor! Make me a sammich!"

----
2011 marks the 10th anniversary of Invader ZIM. To mark this milestone, a convention, InvaderCON, was held this past weekend in Atlanta, Georgia. Undoubtedly the greatest highlight had to be the original cast reading scripts from unreleased episodes. Here's one of them..
"Day of da Spookies" (Caution: 20+ minute vid!) Not taking away from the rest, but Richard Horvitz (ZIM) easily stole the spotlight.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
Re: Invader ZIM fans take note..
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 09:53:40 PM »
This is unexpected! Or maybe not. I can't decide!

It's been a long time since I seriously watched any Invader Zim. Four, maybe five years? I tried looking at some episodes recently and just wasn't able to get into it like I could when I was younger.

Great news for those who are still fans, though!

Turbam!!!

• uh...
  • Emergency food supply
  • I'M A DOCTOR!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 09:26:14 AM »
I didn't expect Nickelodeon to crack like this either; well hey thats good news.

Wonder how Jhonen Vasquez feels about it, last I heard he'd much rather not deal with Invader Zim

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 04:24:27 PM »
Wonder how Jhonen Vasquez feels about it, last I heard he'd much rather not deal with Invader Zim
I can't quite remember which, but I know he either hates Zim or he hates its fans. Possibly both.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 05:39:44 PM »
I can't quite remember which, but I know he either hates Zim or he hates its fans. Possibly both.
Vasquez hates everybody. :il_hahaha:

------------
Operation Head Pigeons is a facebook group which can take a lot of the credit in Nickelodeon's possible re-launch of the series. They claim that Vasquez said "he actually WANTS his show back" on his blog.

Here's a vid from a OHP member which summarizes a lot of what's happening with this..
"ALL INVADER ZIM FANS MUST WATCH"

Must admit to being confuzzled by Vasquez's agreement with Nick to have produced the show in the first place - Imagine the censoring they must have done. heh..
I remember Ren and Stimpy creator, John K, once stating that getting involved with Nick was one of the worst things he ever did. They gave little control over his own creation.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 09:53:16 PM »
I remember Ren and Stimpy creator, John K, once stating that getting involved with Nick was one of the worst things he ever did. They gave little control over his own creation.
Which might have actually been a good thing, judging by Adult Party Cartoon...

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 10:37:30 PM »
Which might have actually been a good thing, judging by Adult Party Cartoon...
I will actually state publicly that I have NEVER had ANY TV show, let alone a cartoon of all things, make me have dry heaves watching it (I'm not even kidding!). The episode I'm refering to is when they both decided to live in a spittoon in a bar.
I.. won't give more details of the episode. :e_embarassed:

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 10:43:25 PM »
The one that got me was Ren Seeks Help. There's a fine line between dark humor and freakin' messed up, and that one didn't even cross it; it started out on the wrong side! :elcry:

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 09:28:55 AM »
Yeah, Adult Party Cartoon kind of ruined my childhood memories of Ren and Stimpy... I mean, the first episode alone at the end... ugh... *feels dirty*

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move