Author Topic: top ten list  (Read 6132 times)

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
top ten list
« on: September 24, 2011, 10:24:13 AM »
this thread is for people who want to let others know what their top ten of something is and why  :ehail:

simply put down a top ten list of what ever the subject is and why it's in your list

here are my top ten war films to watch

10. The longest day

this film is about d-day, the storming of the french coast by the allies in world war 2. It keeps to the facts of the invasion closer then any other film of the subject. It is full of plenty of great actors like john wayne, sean connery and richard burton and is a great film

9. The Great Escape

with it's memorable theme and it's cast of richard attenborough and steve mcqueen this has been hailed as one of the greatest war films of all time. Based off the true story of the escape from stalag luft IIi you'll be touched, laughing and in suspense with this one

8. Full metal jacket

Set up during the tet offensive this vietnam film shows how young boys were changed by an unpopular war and by they're training. It's a good film and memorable especially with private pyle.

7. Tora! Tora! Tora

i was asked once which one was better pearl harbor or ttt i said ttt because michael bay had nothing to do with it. Ttt like the longest day stayed closed to the facts and answered alot of questions as to why the us were unprepared for the japanese attack and why yamamoto was nearly murdered by the japanese high command. Brilliant stuff

6. Beneath Hill 60

Surprisingly there isn't many films based on events of the first world war. This ois one of those films. Set during the battle of messines ridge it follows a group of australian miners as they sset to protecting one of the many mines that dot the ridge waiting for the push. I won't spoil the end but it is a sad end.

5. The Trench

another first world war film the trench follows a group of tommies on the run up to the battle of the somme. It also stars daniel craig before he became james bond and shows life in the trenches on the western front.

4. Breaker Morant

based on the account of a leutenant at the trial Breaker Morant is about the trial of the titular character during the second boer war. Watch the film and see if you agree on the outcome of the accused because i don't.

3. A bridge to far

an amazing film of operation market garden and how any plan no matter how put togther can still fail of intelligence is ignored. Directed by Richard Attenborough and full of power house actors it's a must watch this one brilliant

2. Stalingrad

this german film follows a german platoon during the battle of stalingrad and it is amazing. With the way the story folds out qnd the scenery changes.  Another must see..

1. Battle of Britain

my all time favourite war film. Hitlers rolled over the map of europe and poises to bombthe raf out of existence but the island nation is not ready to give up. A masterpiece :ehail:

Now you guys write your own down :-)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: top ten list
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 03:51:18 PM »
Top ten pet peeves in no particular order:

10). Drinking and driving - If it's not legal to drink and drive, what gives those certain few the right to think they actually can? Do they think they're better than the rest of us?

9). 3D movies - The recent boom of 3D releases in the movie theaters is getting out of hand. I say this because only a very few scenes per movie are actually... somewhat impressive. Having to pay extra for these 3D movies isn't worth it. Gotta keep those costs down.

8 ). People who show up for work late - Pretty much the same reasoning as I listed for drinking and driving above.

7). Double dipping - You know what I'm talking about. Those peeps who dip their tortilla chips into a salsa, take a bite and then dip the same chip again. >_<

6). Television advertisements that are nearly twice as loud as the show you're trying to watch. Ouch..!

5). Local radio stations which overplay new songs to the point of ruining them. A current example is the single Rain Dance Maggie by The Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

4). Auto-tune - It's dishonest. Die Auto-tune, DIE! People should sing with their own god-given talent! Your voice is a lie when you Auto-tune. And you sound like a robot.

3). Lipsyncing at concerts - Similar to the reasoning behind Autotune. Pre-recording for public concerts seems so wrong. Don't be fake. People paid a lot of money to hear you perform - not to see you walk around on stage pretending to sing into a mic. The hell..?

2). Unflushed toilets in public washrooms. Seriously... O_o

1). When the price per barrel of crude oil goes down and the price at the pumps remains high. I don't care what the so-called "experts" say - It's a conspiracy
to rob our wallets.

There! I feel as though I've vented enough today.
:il_hahaha:

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 04:06:17 PM »
Top 10 top 10 lists!

10. Movies
9. Bands
8. Places
7. Anime
6. Pet Peeves
5. Anime Characters
4. Reasons that moveable-do solfege is better than fixed-do solfege
3. Grammar Mistakes
2. Weird Names
1. This one!

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 04:08:37 PM »

4). Auto-tune - It's dishonest. Die Auto-tune, DIE! People should sing with their own god-given talent! Your voice is a lie when you Auto-tune. And you sound like a robot.

Oooh... I really really dislike auto-tune. Even if I disregard the fact that you could say it's "cheating", it just sounds horrible and fake.

Also, I agree with lipsyncing. As an aspiring professional musician, it makes me furious when I have to spend jesus-christ amount of hours practicing to get better when they're just going on stage and faking it anyway.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 05:16:57 PM »
Yes, someone appreciates my view of Auto-tune and lipsynching! :ehail:

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 06:27:16 PM »
Top 10 things I'm thinking about right now:
10 - Why does Skype keep turning itself on when I'm away?
9 - Did Queen's Blade actually turn good story wise to get more seasons, or did people just like the big boobs?
8 - That pizza was delicious.
7 - Will CM Punk ever get the title back?
6 - Batman the Animated Series did a good job with the Two-Face transition.
5 - Why haven't I gotten a Diablo 3 beta invite?
4 - Why are both the 3DS and the Vita only putting out remakes instead of getting actually new games?
3 - Yvonne Strahovski
2 - Why did UPS deliver my Not Crystal Pepsi to California?
1 - I wish I had a TARDIS.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 01:52:56 AM »
^The only good thing about Queen's Blade is Airi. As absurd as it sounds, there needs to be more scythe wielding wraith maids out there.  :il_hahaha:

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 04:10:05 AM »
The top ten things to irritate me of late

10. Reality tv shows taking up pages in my morning paper. I don't care whats happening on bloody x facter get out of my paper >:-(

9. People who are loud at 7 on a sunday morning. Its sunday i dont have to get up early i'll have a lie in. Ten minutes later someone is blaring out crappy music from the radio or is yelling or doing diy >:-(

8. Que jumping idiots. I was in town at a pound shop (99¢ store to you americans) when i was waiting in line when this woman just barged in front of me O_o i said excuse me you just pushed infront of me. She said so? I couldnt believe it.

7. Horse riders on roads. Now where i live is a horse riding center and obviously they ride near my flat. This might not seem bad but i've had my foot crushed by a horse before and i was hit by a riding crop wielded by someone who thought it be funny. Thats why horse riders are on the list

6. Doctors. It took 5 VISITS to finally get diagnosed with anxiety and depression. FIVE VISITS and i nearly messed my life up because of that.

5. People who said they were friends but never were. September last year i went to alcon when my friends said get us four day passes. Not only did they only turn up for one day makeing me waste 50 pounds they also said out loud to me we're off now cos we're bored. When is was introducing them to new friends i made which started my next irratation.

4. Smoking. I started this disgusting habit after last years alcon. I have tried to quit so many times but always end up going back to my fags. At the time of writing this i have had a month without a fag so itt's nearly over with but it's still irritating me.

3. People wanting money. I am fed up of someone coming upto me asking for money. I do not have money at all leave me alone

2. Family genetics. I just found i am a carrier of sma. This means i when i wabt to have children withe woman i love i have to tell her she needs a bllod test and if shes a carrier it'llean alot of heart ache :-(

1. I STILL CANNOT FIND A JOB!!!!! It's been nearly two years without work and i cannot find a single job out there i can do

ok deep breath and relax i just had to get that off my chest lol

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 07:55:59 PM »
Top Ten
Things That Are Completely Unrelated

10.  Steam Trains
9.  Sarcophagus
8.  "...when you don't care a bag of beans for me"
7.  Vanilla, because you can always add chocolate syrup...
6.  A Werewolf
5.  Fnord
4.  Harold
3.  *there is no 3rd thing
2.  55.125 lbs.
1.  Synchronicity

E^D

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 01:33:17 AM »
my top ten enemy list

10. Most electricians. Especially idiots the messed my flat up

9. Old people especially on pension day.

8. The british government. I've been unemployed since december 2009 and still the government haven't improved it.

7. People in cars who think they can drive but really can't

6. Builders (wake me up at 5 in the morning will you >:-( )

5. People from barwell with the exception of one person.

4. Justin beiber oh how i loathe him. He's a *%§¥£ and a ¡¿$*¢¥

3. Little annoying children that have the idea they know it all

2. Jobcentre. They either miss out on my payments or they mess me about.

1. Dr Beeching. Yes i know he's dead but being a massive train nut and finding out if he didnt close a nearby station i wouldnt have to walk 4 miles to go birmingham i have to hate him.

E^D Crow

• Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 07:26:29 PM »
Top Ten
Favorite Toys That I Own
(This list will not include statues, models, nor figurines; toys only)

10.  LEGO (they all count as one, including Bionicle)

9.  Spider Jerusalem DC Direct variant (flipping the bird, with Bowel Disruptor; no lap-top; both come with the smoking 2-faced cat)

8.  Revoltech Yotsuba  (Because Yotsuba.)

7.  Galactus x2  (I have both the Legends Build-A-Figure, and the newer Universe, which is even bigger, I just can't choose one)

6.  Plush Gobo Fraggle ($12 in a claw machine, and he was all mine!)

5.  12" Venal Anatomica from Clive Barker's Tortured Souls (which are SO NOT Cenobites...  It's huge.  It's scary. It doesn't move much.)

4.  Anniversary Optimus Prime  (The second most perfect rendition of Optimus Prime.  Second, because the Japanese Masterpiece version has longer smokestacks...)

3.  McFarlane Toys Soul Calibur II Voldo  (Because Voldo.)

2.  Masters Of The Universe Classics Scareglow  (He's a ghost, that's also a skeleton!?  Hell yeah!  One of my favorites from when I was a kid, but looking as bad-ass as I always pictured him in my head.)

1.  Inhumanoids D'Compose  (My favorite toy when I was a kid, and that says a lot.  I don't have my original, but I bought one for a steal on eBay, and I still love it.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfAr3fN7uP8

E^D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:22:28 PM by E^D Crow »

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 12:40:03 PM »
1.  Inhumanoids D'Compose  (My favorite toy when I was a kid, and that says a lot.  I don't have my original, but I bought one for a steal on eBay, and I still love it.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfAr3fN7uP8
Someone else who knows about Inhumanoids. Awesome! I used to watch it every Saturday morning.
There is simply no way we'd ever see anything like that air on a morning television schedule today. Not even in syndication. :il_hahaha:

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 12:46:06 PM »
Hahaha... "sunliiight!! oh noo!"

Worst weakness ever. I would hate to be a vampire.

E^D Crow

• Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 02:40:18 PM »
Someone else who knows about Inhumanoids. Awesome! I used to watch it every Saturday morning.
There is simply no way we'd ever see anything like that air on a morning television schedule today. Not even in syndication. :il_hahaha:

Oh, man, you are so right!  It was quite scary, not just for the time, but even now.

D'Compose turns some chick into what looks like Eddie's (from Iron Maiden) sister:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt0KUz4Yg-Y&feature=related

The toys of the villians are pretty big.  For a 7 or 8 year old kid, it might as well been as big as I was!

And I loved it...so, so much.  The creepy, almost-but-not-really-anatomical skull head, the blood-red rubbery guts behind the rib-cage (that opens!)...  I used to spend a lot of time just looking at all the veins, pustules, sores, rotting flesh, and exposed bone on that toy.  Even the mutores, who were the good guys, were incredibly frightening little toys.

E^D

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 12:53:08 PM »
my top ten improvements in the past few months :-)

10. I have finally got my PC fixed and look forward to getting it back :-)

9. I only have a few months left until my stupid contract is over in July :-)

8. I'm going on a meet up in leicester with the anime league. I haven't been on one since november 2010

7. I have an assessment exam coming up and if i pass I'll be able to go to college and try to get into university :-)

6. I have not had a moment of frustration, depression or anxiety since february :-) I'm hoping I'm past that

5. I will soon be getting myself a tattoo as my finances are finally balancing out (no job still but I'm optimistic)

4. such nice weather for the past month :-) always makes me feel good

3. my old PS2 :-)

2. my nephew being born :-) his name is billy

1. getting the A-team series on dvd XD