Author Topic: The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya  (Read 68649 times)

E-E

• Head of City Security
    • View Profile
The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2007, 11:37:06 AM »
just ordered my Haruhi resin figure to paint:
http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=6376

now just gotta wait  :Econfused: ....

R Kenshin

• Bio Scientist
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2007, 12:05:12 PM »
okay.... um wtf is up with this new popularity. I've been so busy that I couldn't keep up with all the new stuff, and now we got this melecholy watchamacallit. i guess I better go and You tube this mug really quick. I mean everyone is all buzzing about this new title. Well it comes out on dvd later on this year so I guess I'll just buy a copy and see how I like it. It must be something else. I promise to watch an episode on youtube later on this week. College plus Job plus a social life doesn't leave me much time to see anime ya know.
Roar, Roar, fight the power

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2007, 08:11:49 PM »
Just ordered these two figurines, probably won't get here for a while (bloody international shipping >.<)

http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01091

http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX04062

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2007, 01:13:12 PM »
^Those are incredible, Soske. The wait should be worth it.

Until today, I haven't been on the asosbrigade site for a few days. The latest poll made me chuckle, "Which character do you prefer to see in a bunny suit?"

It says this poll is for "research purposes only". (What in the world are they planning??) :lol:

My vote was for Haruhi. Mikuru would easily have gotten my vote as well though.

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2007, 12:32:23 PM »
For those who haven't seen it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oodajA6UuA

Mr Crispy

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2007, 10:18:34 AM »

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ehchan/
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2007, 07:01:27 PM »
CONVERT AM TOTAL!

HARUHI-ISM HAVE SUPER LOVE COMPLETE!

Must...have...MOAR...NAO!

Seriously, this is one of the best series I've ever seen.  I loved it.  I actually thought the chronological mis-order was quite interesting.  The broadcast episode #14 was a much more exciting ending than the chronological episode #14.

Ah, such a great series.  Have the novels been released in English?

*does wikipedia search*

*finds Fan translations*

*dies of happiness*

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2007, 05:12:38 PM »
Double post!

But!  I just pre-ordered this:

Schiggity-shiggity-swag!

Hopefully, the other special edition DVDs will get the 30% discount as well, but I think they are worth it anyway even at full price.

So I guess now my recent downloading of the fansubs is justified.  BANZAI!

Hopefully, a lot of people will buy this and then "they" (as in whatever company does it) will translate the novels and bring them over here!

I must say, I haven't been affected like this by an anime since...well, since Excel Saga!  I have to thank you Soske, for if you hadn't made this topic, I never would have watched this (when I joined this board, I was looking through this forum and I was literally like "Hey, this topic is stickied and has a lot of posts, it must be good XD).  Unless of course me watching Suzumiya Haruhi was a predetermined event on this time plane...

...so...is it June yet?

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2007, 09:40:03 AM »
Quote from: "I'M Eh-chan!"
Double post!

But!  I just pre-ordered this:

Schiggity-shiggity-swag!

Hopefully, the other special edition DVDs will get the 30% discount as well, but I think they are worth it anyway even at full price.
I'm still undecided on getting the special edition yet. The CD alone is a nice bonus though. The music is great.

Someone brought up an interesting question at an anime/jpop/jrock music board I hang out on concerning the hair ribbon.... What use would a guy have for it. O.o Well, for myself, I don't plan on using it to look pretty! :P It would make a good bookmarker though since everytime I want one, I grab an old sales receipt... It works.
Don't laugh at me!! :wink:

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2007, 12:41:07 PM »
Quote from: "Lord il"
I'm still undecided on getting the special edition yet. The CD alone is a nice bonus though. The music is great.

Someone brought up an interesting question at an anime/jpop/jrock music board I hang out on concerning the hair ribbon.... What use would a guy have for it. O.o Well, for myself, I don't plan on using it to look pretty! :P It would make a good bookmarker though since everytime I want one, I grab an old sales receipt... It works.
Don't laugh at me!! :wink:

Also remember that the special edition of vol 1 gets you the box, and the special editions of the other volumes will all come with cds and other goodies, (I can't wait to get my hands on the "dan chou" arm band!), as well as extra DVDs with sub-only broadcast-order of eps.

Well, the dan chou band is unisex, so I'm definitely wearing that.  As for the ribbon...I'll probably just wear it for laughs.

I can't wait to see all the extra footage that will be on the remastered DVDs (animation fixes, unaired segments, etc.).

By the way, how many of you out there learned the full Hare Hare Yukai dance?  I taught myself Haruhi's part by getting an AVI and flipping it so it would be a mirror version.  I only really practiced for like...2 hours before I got the moves down.  I just need to work on my ending spin!

Ah, I'm glad someone finally posted here.  I've been feeling really left out like I had missed the boat since I came in so late and it seems no one here wants to talk about it anymore.

BTW, Baka-tsuki has just updated the prologue of Vol. 9 to 5%!  I must go off now and read (it's gone from 2 lines to about a page and a half (depending on the size of your monitor))

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2007, 08:05:44 PM »
Oh, I'll be talking about it plenty when the DVD is released.

Though, I've seen the previews of the English dub, and un-like a certain other favorite series of mine, Bandai seems to actually be doing a good job with Haurhi. (although Bandai made up for their HiME folly a tiny bit by having Vol. 7 come with that great looking set box)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2007, 04:43:17 PM »
Quote from: "I'M Eh-chan!"
By the way, how many of you out there learned the full Hare Hare Yukai dance?
Speaking of which....

Has anyone seen this yet?

A group of cosplayers got together in Akihabara, Tokyo for a fun time of dancing to Hare Hare Yukai. Everyone had a blast.
But things got kinda scary when the police showed up...

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2007, 04:52:09 PM »
LOL!  Yeah, that was hilarious!  There are other videos of that too and one of them was successful.

That's so awesome.  I'd just love to break out into spontaneous HHY over here!

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2007, 07:36:48 PM »
I've only just watched the first episode so now the question is

when is it out? :lol:

this is so funny and thats good :lol:

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2007, 07:51:33 PM »
May 29th (in the US), Vol 1 will be released in both regular edition and special edition.  Volume 1 will contain 4 episodes:  The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00 and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I, II, and III.  Regular edition will contain just the DVD, while special edition will contain the DVD, box, pencil board, cosplay ribbon, iron-on logo, and Hare Hare Yukai CD.

Outside of the Japanese releases, this is the only date that has been announced thus far, but I'll keep you informed as soon as I hear any other dates, especially for the R2 releases.

P.S.:  Welcome to the S.O.S. Brigade new convert!