Author Topic: The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya  (Read 64162 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
« Reply #225 on: July 06, 2008, 07:55:57 PM »
Suzumiya Haruhi CG Ending - Hare Hare Yukai Dance

This is from the Playstation 2 game, "Suzumiya Haruhi no Tomadoi," or "The Perplexity of Haruhi Suzumiya" which was released earlier this year.
If you enjoyed the original from the anime, you'll go nuts over the slick animation of this version.

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #226 on: July 06, 2008, 08:42:14 PM »

This is from the Playstation 2 game, "Suzumiya Haruhi no Tomadoi," or "The Perplexity of Haruhi Suzumiya" which was released earlier this year.
If you enjoyed the original from the anime, you'll go nuts over the slick animation of this version.

There's also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v62UIbj1t6M

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2008, 12:09:19 PM »
Any more news on season 2 as in release in japan

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »

There's also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v62UIbj1t6M
That was just......... wow! :e_shocked:

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2008, 12:50:28 PM »
How long until season 2 comes out now

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »
How long until season 2 comes out now
December or January, I believe.

Lan

« Reply #231 on: August 01, 2008, 01:39:30 AM »
Im just starting to watch this series. The (real) 1st episode was, how do I say it, meah/OK, BUT it has a setup for a good series. The animation is 100% perfect, and THE ENDING SONG IS FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!
But this is better-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1SIhFWsNUI&feature=related
or in better quality-
http://www.esnips.com/doc/881a6149-1d34-43bd-99e3-da7f276240b5/DJ-Bouche---Hare-Hare-Yukai-(Euro-Mix)

WHERE CAN I GET THIS VERSION?!?!?!!!!!!!

EDIT
Never mind. The DJ is kind enough to make it a free download via his website
http://haruhi.djbouche.net/DJ%20Bouche%20-%20Hare%20Hare%20Yukai%20(Euro%20Mix).mp3
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 01:07:14 PM by Lan »

Mullon

• The Third Iwata Cousin
  • Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 04, 2008, 06:14:46 PM »
So I was looking on Amazon to see what the price of the complete Haruhi Suzumiya DVD collection, and I saw this:
http://www.amazon.com/Melancholy-Haruhi-Suzumiya-Nagaru-Tanigawa/dp/0759529442/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217898810&sr=1-1
Why don't you just eat peanuts with your eyes and spaghetti through your nose you offense to God!

Lan

« Reply #233 on: August 16, 2008, 10:38:39 AM »
No offence to Haruhi fans here, but COME ON! The anime is BLAND BLAND BLAND BLAND!
There NEEDS to be a second series just to kick start this series into something I wont fall asleep too!

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 16, 2008, 10:50:28 AM »
No offence to Haruhi fans here, but COME ON! The anime is BLAND BLAND BLAND BLAND!
There NEEDS to be a second series just to kick start this series into something I wont fall asleep too!

You've gotta be kidding me, bland?  What kind of special acid are you on?  Can I have some?  It doesn't go full-tilt all the time, they take a moment to build on ideas or the plot, but to say that this show is bland is ridiculous.  What is your reasoning behind this "bland" label?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 12:27:08 PM by ElricJC »

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 16, 2008, 01:52:37 PM »
Lan the disbeliever, haruhi is one of the better anime I have seen for along time apart from excel saga and lucky star, and yes I found the first 6 episodes a little strange, but its better than the mind fuck you get when you watch evangelion, especially since the last 2 episodes don't really make much sense.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #236 on: August 16, 2008, 02:47:24 PM »
Bland like white rice?

Or more like a tofu kind of bland? :e_tongue:

The Haruhi anime has been described as many things but I can't recall anyone describe it as "bland".  :il_hahaha:

Lan

« Reply #237 on: August 17, 2008, 01:49:12 PM »
Eva wasnt a mind fuck after all. It all makes sense. Watch it all in one week like I did, and you realise everything.

As you can tell from my picture, I love NHK which I finished watching before starting Haurhi, and it wasnt bland, as I could relate to it on sooo many scales. Tenchi Muyo isnt bland because so much stuff is going on.

Yeah, Haruhi SO FAR anyway, is bland. Defo!
All I see happening is a guy who talks to himself inside his head, surrounded by really interesting characters, but most of the time they just sit around.

OK, take it like this-
This series was like the calm before the storm, but with no storm at the end.
Thats why it NEEDS a second series! Im expecting time travel related stories, god related stories, reasons for life and death stuff, life in death stories, and a matrix type idea. All for this one anime. It didnt deliver.

EDIT-
As for my 'special acid', well that would be the animes mentioned above, but add LAIN to the mix. That anime was just epic!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 01:56:34 PM by Lan »

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2008, 12:52:32 PM »
Don't give mme that shit about evangelion of course it was a mind fuck, it started okay and went completey wierd towards the end and the two movies that manga entertainment released doesn't not forgive the fact that eva was a mind fuck session, and any haruhi is much better.

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2008, 02:13:18 PM »
If you want mindfuck watch the first 2 Ghost in the Shell movies.  But speaking on Haruhi....it was ok, but it just doesn't seem to have the watchability of other anime's of its ilk.  I feel i could watch Lucky Star or completely different, Black Lagoon, over and over again.  Whereas with Haruhi....i don't know it was a bit like Full Metal Panic season one....ive watched it, may buy it on DvD but won't really watch it again any time soon.
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't many people happy?