Author Topic: The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya  (Read 64164 times)

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
Re: The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2008, 03:04:10 PM »
If you want mindfuck watch the first 2 Ghost in the Shell movies.  But speaking on Haruhi....it was ok, but it just doesn't seem to have the watchability of other anime's of its ilk.  I feel i could watch Lucky Star or completely different, Black Lagoon, over and over again.  Whereas with Haruhi....i don't know it was a bit like Full Metal Panic season one....ive watched it, may buy it on DvD but won't really watch it again any time soon.

I know where you are coming from here, but I would rate Haruhi slightly higher than FMP season 1 - I rewatche Haruhi once in a great while, but not as often as Black Lagoon, Rune Soldier, FMP:  TSR, or Abenobashi.  Any anime that has a sense of mystery or build up tends to be less watchable in the longrun - like Ghost in the Shell, I only rewatch that once in a while too.  But I haven't watched FMP season 1 in a while, though I do own it.

Though I will say I tend to watch Haruhi eps 3 & 4 a lot simply for the hilarity of Mikuru's introduction, which is hilarious, especially with the computer club. 

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Rika-chama

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 22, 2008, 05:14:34 PM »
How long until season 2 comes out now
December or January, I believe.

There's going to be a second season?  Wow, this just made my day  :g_hail:

Lan

« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »
There is no word on it, but there has got to be in some point in the future. I think the only recent news was about the same anime studio working on something else, so if anything, its not going to be anytime soon.

I dont want to keep bringing it up, but I just want to clarify that I thought Eva was a mind fuck for years upon years, until very recently when I watched the whole thing again (this being probably the 5th rewatch), and realising that the story is all there after all. Basically, TV 25+26 happen during the movie when Shinji is inside the Eva, but also inside giant Rei.
Shinji asks questions like 'what is the difference between reality and dreams', and he is asking this after experiencing his made up happy world that we see in TV26.
At the very end though, people can come back to life if they wish. I know this isnt told directly, but we know this as Shinji did JUST THAT in the TV series, when he turned from LCL back to human again.
The reason Rei brought Asuka back to life was to keep Shinji company. After all there is the possibility that everyone may NOT want to come back into the land of the living. But its still a fact that they can if they wish.

PM me if you want my full explanation. :P

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #243 on: September 09, 2008, 04:03:18 PM »
Shinji was to determine mankind's fate... first he wanted everyone gone, but then he realized mankind isn't so bad so he changed his mind decided to just start everything over. So basically the LCL at the end is the sea from which life will come again. That's what I believe.

I love Eva.... a lot.

This is off-topic though. As for Haruhi... I've seen like 4 or 5 episodes. Didn't grab me too much.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 15, 2008, 01:25:12 PM »
Expect why did shinji try to strangle asuka at the end before she touched his face huh?,  and when is series 2 coming out of haruhi, when oh when and oh when

Lan

« Reply #245 on: September 15, 2008, 01:49:53 PM »
Because he was screwed up in the head, because he couldnt justify everything he had just experienced. Her touching his face made him snap out of it.
As for the 1st time round before 3rd impact, he strangled her because she was ticking him off. She almost asked for it really (but she was attention seeking deep down).

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 17, 2008, 09:26:33 PM »
If you want mindfuck watch the first 2 Ghost in the Shell movies.  But speaking on Haruhi....it was ok, but it just doesn't seem to have the watchability of other anime's of its ilk.  I feel i could watch Lucky Star or completely different, Black Lagoon, over and over again.  Whereas with Haruhi....i don't know it was a bit like Full Metal Panic season one....ive watched it, may buy it on DvD but won't really watch it again any time soon.

I know where you are coming from here, but I would rate Haruhi slightly higher than FMP season 1 - I rewatche Haruhi once in a great while, but not as often as Black Lagoon, Rune Soldier, FMP:  TSR, or Abenobashi.  Any anime that has a sense of mystery or build up tends to be less watchable in the longrun - like Ghost in the Shell, I only rewatch that once in a while too.  But I haven't watched FMP season 1 in a while, though I do own it.

Though I will say I tend to watch Haruhi eps 3 & 4 a lot simply for the hilarity of Mikuru's introduction, which is hilarious, especially with the computer club. 

I've watched it a few times, and always find it entertaining.  My friend Paul didn't get into it so much.  He's willing to watch anything I recommend, and rarely dislikes the choices.  He thought it was interesting, and I can see how it can get a little tedious, or even confusing, if you're not familiar with it.

E^D

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 30, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »
Any news on the second season yet?

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 11, 2008, 01:51:28 PM »
Any idea when the next season is coming out?

Lan

« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2008, 02:02:14 AM »
No news. hang on in there kid.

Rika-chama

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 13, 2008, 03:11:16 PM »
The first volume of the manga has just been released anyone picked it up yet?  ANN gave it a bad review so I'm not too sure if I want to spend money on it considering I own the anime and the novels are gonna be released (right?)

Lan

« Reply #251 on: November 13, 2008, 03:59:06 PM »
yeah i read that. really cant see the point in the manga version. The novels will be good ^_^

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 13, 2008, 08:36:19 PM »
The first volume of the manga has just been released anyone picked it up yet?  ANN gave it a bad review so I'm not too sure if I want to spend money on it considering I own the anime and the novels are gonna be released (right?)

ANN didn't give a bad review to the manga version.

They eviscerated it o.O;;.  They gutted it, laid its entrails out on the table, jumped up and down on them, pissed in the gaping cavity, and then turned it into hamburger.  I haven't agreed with everything they have said, but that review is definitely enough to keep me away from the manga.  I will wait for the novels.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2008, 02:36:03 PM »
^Wow.. That bad, huh? O.O
If by chance I can find a copy of the manga around here, I'll let y'all know what I think.

That's right. I said "y'all". :il_hahaha:

Did some checking at Anime News Network (they usually know about this stuff first than most sources) and even they don't have two clues to rub together as to when the second season of the Haruhi anime is going to happen. O.o

Amid all the rumors and constant speculation about it coming out this year, it's safe to say it's not happening for now.
But I would bet that a greater chance of a release will happen sometime in '09. And if it doesn't happen early '09, we probably won't be able to buy it here 'til 2010.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 15, 2008, 02:09:51 PM »
I am no good at japanese but I looked at what I assumed was the official site, something about 2009, but what? could it be the new series, ova or something else