Author Topic: Writing Relay  (Read 3282 times)

Scalding Coffee Cup

• Civil Servant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ebipm.net
Writing Relay
« on: September 19, 2006, 09:49:02 PM »
I also started this game on the EBIPM.net boards. It could be very awesome and funny.

Somebody starts a story, e.i., a few paragrphs or whatever. Whoever starts the story must establish a setting and a main character(s). It can be about whatever you want, but it must have those two things, it can't just be about nothing.

Then, the next poster must pick up the story where it left off, adding whatever they want to the plot of the story, even changing it completely, but the main character(s) must be consistant. You don't have to make it long, you can post just a few sentences, but to keep things fair, try to wait until at least five posts to finish the story. It continues until somebody finishes the story. At the end, the main character must have completed his or her goals. Whoever finishes the story gets the honors of starting the next one.

I hope this little game will help you to realize how much fun creative writing can be, and it will be fun to see how one person will take the story in a whole new direction from the last.

Deep underground, in a place few know exists, a lone man sat in his chair, thinking to himself. Actually, he was playing thenew Final Fantasy III that came out recently for the DS. His attention was completely focused on the game until a loud, shrill voice brought him back to reality.
"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIL....Ilpalazzo!!!!"
The man in the chair looked up to see his subordinates Excel, Hyatt, and Elgala, each giving a salute.
Just another day in the Secret Ideological Organization of Across...
ow evil is Scalding Coffee? Scalding Coffee is hot enough to cause 2nd&3rd degree burns as well as unnecessary court cases against restraunts, wasting much money and valuable time.

Phnx28

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
Writing Relay
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 05:54:33 AM »
Way cool, I'm in. 8) Disclaimer: Any and all errors of grammar, spelling or WHATEVER in Excel's quotes are entirely intentional, I'm trying to stay faithful to how poor her speech really is in the anime. Other quotes are subject to proper laws of editing, however, so don't be shy about pointing stuff out.

The man, Lord Ilpalazzo of the formally named "Secret Organization for the Promotion of the Institutionalization of the [Supreme Ideological] Ideal [on Earth] ACROSS," greeted his subordinates with the well-worn disregard that comes from years of repeated disenchantment. "Good morning agents... I trust that your efforts to retrieve the legendary Crane Deck of master strategist Zuo Ci from the Three Kingdoms era in China was alas a failure." As was the effort to find the ruins of the lost Nonbendararin civilization; as was the attempt to blackmail the F-City, F-Prefecture government into resigning in a silent ACROSS coup; as were all the other secret missions Ilpalazzo deigned to devise for his (utterly mindless) minions between his all important game times and visual rock practices. "It's getting so bad I can't even get my Third Weapon; dammit, this world is so corrupt!" Ilpalazzo braced after this thought for what would come next.
"Sorry your lordship... but yep! We scoured China from top to bottom to middle kingdom like the greasy restaurant pan of decadent pseudo-communist-capitalist corruption it seems to be these days but found no absolutely the sign that any such weapon had existed ever in fact. That," Agent Excel posed sheepishly as she recalled, "and we kind of had a run in with the local authorities ROOM DE SECURITY! El-chan couldn't stop whining for fear of the smells she caught from some of the nearby rooms, and Ha-chan did her usual coping measure in such situations: bleeding out onto the nearest guard and dying; which conveniently caused enough of a distraction for your ENDLESSLY FAITHFUL EXCEL to kick out 'ze door and go all GUARANDOO on the Liberation Army and Armed Police People's butts! Finally, after getting some really nice complements on my Japanese back @ the local Immigration holding center, where they brought us when we washed ashore, I revived Ha-chan with a spare purple-ish wand thingy I found lying nearby for no apparent reason and dragged El-chan whining and all along with her here so we could report to you with no absolutely the delay! END REPORT!"
SNAP! Lord Ilpalazzo wasted no time in pulling the cord above his throne's right arm, sending Excel into The Pit, a longstanding institution within ACROSS. "That messy business over with... Hyatt, Elgala, are you both...?" Ilpalazzo notcied that Hyat was already keeled over again in a pool of her own blood and hanging precariously close to joining Excel down The Pit, Elgala kneeling at the edge and (just barely) weeping after her 'seniors' in ACROSS.
Ilpalazzo had been trying to devise a city conquest plan while enduring his first agent's rantings, and even had a sketch of a promising operation by now. Maybe one that would succeed in distracting his agents so he could score a class change to Summoner in his newly-bought FFIII for the DS, at least. But he saw things were going to be as difficult as ever on this, another normal day for the Secret Ideological Organization ACROSS...
quot;Keep away from the enemy's eyes. If you can't, stab him in the eyes!"-- Capt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett, Osean Air Defense Force
"FATHER... Father, THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED!"--Usul Muad'dib, aka Duke Paul Atreides

excel-kleinwald

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
Writing Relay
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 04:30:46 PM »
Lord Il Palazzo folded his Nintendo DS and looked out upon Excel rising out of the pit once more then to the three as a whole.

"Agents of ACROSS! This world is corrupt! And today I shall be giving you a mission in which to help alleviate such a world into a new Era, and this shall be one of the many stepping stones into which we shall go towards the conquering of the city."

The reply of HAIL IL PALAZZO! was echoing through the halls once more.

"For this essential mission I am ordering you three to split up! An-"

"BUT SIR!" Rebutted Excel quickly "Surely you must know of Hyatt's condition and might not even get much done without dying by the third prime number or higheeeeeeeeerrrrr!"

Il Palazzo's vein started throbbing on his forehead as he counted to ten and let go of the rope to see Excel wet and standing at attention once more. "I have taken into account all factors and believe even separated you all shall succeed without recourse... now for your mission.  Elgala I want you to infiltrate a certain government building and find out some information, it is explained in fuller detail in the dossier I shall give out. Hyatt you will be armed with a set of ACROSS weapons and will be ordered to assassinate the mayor of the city, I expected it done without trouble, efficiently, and secretive as is the one and always rule of ACROSS. Now... Excel"

Il Palazzo sighed heavily as Excel shouted her exclamation of a response. "Now Excel your mission is of upmost importance and I feel I can only trust you with this, and feel you will not fail me in this.  I am ordering you kidnap the person showed on this screen."

A Screen appeared on the east wall and was highlighted with the face of Misaki Matsuya

"Her name is Misaki Matsuya and I feel she will be an essential part of the grand scheme of the conquering of the city... good luck to you all"

As the shouts of HAIL IL PALAZZO! were echoeing through the halls once more and the girls were leaving Lord Il Palazzo flipped open his DS and muttered lowly as he ran into ANOTHER random battle.

Scalding Coffee Cup

• Civil Servant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ebipm.net
Writing Relay
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 07:26:16 PM »
Meanwhilst, in a little South American Countryside Shack...

"Welcome home, mi corozon. How was work today?"  Asked a pretty Latino lady as her dark, muscular husband walked through the door with a knapsack slung over his shoulder.

"Oh, you know, the same as always. I've sweated from the blaze of the hot, hot sun. But Pedro is always happy to work  and sweat so hard for his dear family."

"Papa!!" A young boy, his son yelled as he ran into his father's arms.

"Sandora!" Said the man as he hoisted his boy on his shoulder. "You're getting bigger by the moment. Pedro is so happy to be back with his loving family."

No sooner had he said that then Nabeshin, a legendary afro-toting hero walked through the open door. Nabeshin was Pedro's former trainer in the ancient fighting style of the Afro Warrior. Together, they and their friends defeated That Man, who kidnapped the Great Will of the Macrocosm so he could use her powers to become a god.

"Nabeshin!" Pedro said. He was delighted to see his old friend and master. "It's good to see you again. Would you like to arm wrestle Pedro for old time's sake?"

"I'd love to, but there's no time! The world is again in danger."

"Danger?" Pedro's Sexy Wife (Yes, that is her real name) asked. Her eyes began to grow wide.

"I'm afraid so. That Man has returned!"

Pedro threw his arms into the air.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
ow evil is Scalding Coffee? Scalding Coffee is hot enough to cause 2nd&3rd degree burns as well as unnecessary court cases against restraunts, wasting much money and valuable time.

excel-kleinwald

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
Writing Relay
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 06:30:26 PM »
Nabeshin, Pedro, and Sandora quickly left their little house and ran off into the horizon, meanwhile elsewhere in the world...

"I will claim my revenge on those afro weilding punks!" Exclaimed That Man as he banged his cybernetic arm onto the table. "I will now begin the explanation of how I have returned even though there is obviously nobody here to talk to!  After I was defeated, I sought out the last dwarf in all the land, and fourth greatest scientist in the world to provide me the greatest cybernetic indestructible armor to make me even more powerful! MUAHAHA!"

Looking up at the opposite wall he laid his eyes upon the picture of Pedro's Sexy Wife and the Great Will of the Macrocosm and sighed.

"Soon... soon your powers will be mine once more!"

Phnx28

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
Writing Relay
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 08:00:40 AM »
Reminder: All errors in Excel's and Sumiyoshi's quotes intentional for in-character purposes. Anime/manga hybrid warning since both Roppponmatsus are operational at once and Elgala is present.
The streets of Fukuoka were dark and heavy with the twilight mist, seeming to hang particularly oppressively around the high-rise City Hall in which the Department of City Environmental Security was housed. Unbeknownst to the few citizens ambling about their business in this corrupt world, multiple  separate parties were about to have a collision which, though not titanic in and of itself, would reverberate so in the very near future.
The first party, however, was utterly dependent on the mist for stealth since its communications discipline left a great deal indeed to be desired. "I don't understand it, but it's just me! Prowling around F-City just kidnapping Misaki!" Excel's song mostly served to send the crowd running as quickly home as possible to forget this bizarre, scimitar-wielding cosplayer girl they'd just seen as soon as possible. Thus, it was only partially compromising on her part.
Even that was enough for the second party, though. "Hey Misaki! DO YOU HEAR THAT?" Daiten S-Mart, the reanimated cyborg now officially named "Mr. Mitsukoshi" after a failed applicant for the red power suit, and unofficially still Norikuni Iwata to his colleagues in the Special Municipal Force Daitenzin, bellowed to his comrade-in-arms as they continued patrolling the back alleys in search of the ACROSS operative that had just brutally assassinated the Mayor via multiple gunshot and stab wounds all over his body.
"YES idiot, I hear that! And you, unfortunately..." Daiten Fredericks, or Misaki Matsuya as she still insisted on calling herself to spite their madman of a boss Doctor Kabapu, retorted to her cyborg suitor/stalker of many years. "So ACROSS wants me, eh? Well, let them come and get me then... They'll just learn my combined power with the Ropponmatsus and our DOUBLE GIGALOT!"
In perhaps the most ambiguous feature of the Daiten powersuits, Misaki was subconsciously compelled to join hands on that invocation with her two android companions, Daiten Twin Cinemas 1 & 2 or (equally) Ropponmatsu 1 & 2, in a very ecchi pose as they together gave off an aura of lightning that singed the unfortunate Iwata/Daiten S-Mart to a red-suited crisp.
Toru Watanabe, or Daiten Macy's as was his most unfortunate codename, simply hung his head in despair as Iwata moaned in agony/ecstasy despite the world's indifference. He thought, just barely aloud alas like a certain member of ACROSS, "Why oh WHY am I still involved with these people after all these years? Nothing gets done; no progress get's made AT ALL in anything and I'm STILL not in my rightful place at the divine Miss Ayasugi's side..." He started sobbing as the remembered glimpses of his fantasy woman crawling away from the scene of the assassination in a trail of her own coughed-up blood still haunted him into inaction.
"Ah don' think yer' lass is tha' divine an' aall, Watanabe." Daimaru Sumiyoshi, or Daiten Cafeteria rather, corrected his comrade and roommate in typically brusque, accented and nigh-subliminal fashion. "Especially wi' her addin' a count o' capital murdah' to 'er terr'ism rap, like."
"Yeah!" Iwata recovered from his latest Misaki-inflicted paingasm just in time to rub it in, as always. "She'll be lucky just to hang after our country's anal-retentive legal system get's done with her; assuming ol' Kaba-poop doesn't just have us summarily off her, ha ha!" Iwata only had two milliseconds to regret his words before Watanabe's 'Giga Smash' attack pounded him 1.5 meters into the pavement, leaving him dazed yet again.
"SH-SHUT UP! Just SHUT UP you retarded bastard! The only one here deserving summary execution is a certain DAITEN S-MART I happen to know!" Watanabe's reflexive defense of Hyatt prompted him to pour out his mind's latest (feeble) rationalizations to keep her an image of purity in its eyes. "Surely the killer was an evil clone! Or an android! Or some murderous magical illusion thingy designed by the evil ACROSS to frame poor Miss Ayasugi for their dastardly terrorism!"
"Aye... Fellas?" Sumiyoshi began gesticulating for them to notice what was going on behind their argument.
"NO WAY, MAN!" Iwata hauled himself from the hole as he readied his twin beam pistols for the 'Best Electron' special attack. "Face it! Your girlfriend is a wanted terrorist and capital murderess. You're in denial, and I for one am calling an intervention. Who's with me?" The answer he got was hardly the one he wanted.
"AYE FELLAS!" Sumiyoshi subliminally screamed as he whapped them both with his trademark 'Scot Bomber' special attack. "Ah've been tryin' to tell ye an' aall 'at MISAKI AN' SECOND-CHAN ARE GAAN-LIKE!"
"Indeed, senior Sumiyoshi." Ropponmatsu 1 replied with typical blandness as she lay splayed out on the pavement in a pool of morbidly aromatic blood, her head partially popped off and bouncing on its neck spring from an unspecified attack. "During the altercation between Seniors Iwata and Watanabe, Senior Matsuya was bled upon and pinned by a collapsing ACROSS operative who matched Miss Ayasugi's description and stumbled out the back door immediately behind Senior Matsuya. Following this, a blonde terrorist wielding a giant scimitar and screaming indecipherable ACROSS slogans nearly decapitated me in a fortuitiously-timed surprise assault from a nearby alley; then proceeded to drag Senior Matsuya and her apparently-deceased cohort away while Second skipped after them in pursuit. Unfortunately, a katana-wielding terrorist emerged from another side door to City Hall and rendered Second in similar condition to this one shortly thereafter, claiming something along the lines of 'I won't let you touch MY Senior that way, you stinking android filth!'"
None of the remaining Daitenzin wanted to even think about why Ropponmatsu 2 might've pusued Excel in that... particular way. Or about the perfect recording of Elgala's bizarrely opportune counterattack Ropponmatsu 1 had just replayed. With Misaki captured and two of their number down, it seemed that yet again the foibles of Municipal Force Daitenzin had given the Secret Ideological Organization of ACROSS a victory it certainly could not have attained otherwise...
quot;Keep away from the enemy's eyes. If you can't, stab him in the eyes!"-- Capt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett, Osean Air Defense Force
"FATHER... Father, THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED!"--Usul Muad'dib, aka Duke Paul Atreides