Author Topic: Anime/Manga figures  (Read 67631 times)

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga figures
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2008, 05:11:23 AM »
Where do you get the money to afford these things  :e_shocked: :hshocked:
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't many people happy?

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2008, 03:43:30 PM »
I'm a shark who swims the sometimes icy waters of the eBay in search of fresh, (cheap!) meat. :e_pleased:

I'll tell ya, it has a lot to do with having a lot of luck. Some people will start their auctions at low prices assuming they'll eventually do really well. But if by chance their auctions aren't seen by the right people, the price may keep relatively low - good news for the auction winner :e_love:, not quite so great for the seller.

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2008, 05:01:13 PM »
At AniméNext, I bought the BOME Vol. 9 Eclair & Lumiere, from Kiddy Grade and the Revoltech Yotsuba.  I put Eclair & Lumiere on a shelf, right next to my Ozzy Osbourne 'Bark At The Moon' statue.  Somehow, they look good together.  Right now, Yotsuba is holding her water gun in the same pose as my Spider Jerusalem is, holding his Bowel-disruptor gun (yes, it is a gun that makes you shit).  If I can, I'll take pictures.

I've also been buying more Gundams lately: a Master Grade F91 GundamF91 E.F.S.F. Mass-productive Attack Use Mobile Suit, from some unknown Gundam manga, I think.  It looks like this: http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?11071103396014
I also bought 3 HG versions of the Zaku Warrior from Gundam Seed Destiny.  The Original, the Lunamaria Hawke Gunner Custom, and the oh-so-girly Live Concert Version.  I haven't actually seen the show, yet...  I just thought they were cool.

There was a comic convention recently, and I bought the BOME Vol. 12 Kaname and Tessa, from Full Metal Panic.  I decided not to buy them when I went to AnimeNext, and I just couldn't pass it up this time.

E^D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:04:38 PM by E^D Crow »

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2008, 12:43:09 PM »
Anime toys I recently bought myself, Model of evangelion unit 2, kagami from luckystar and tsyuru from The melancholy of suzumiya haruhi

Her Excellency The Pink Bunny

• You see nothing!
  • Spam Master
  • ;D
    • View Profile
    • Pink Bunny's Twitter
« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2008, 11:43:25 AM »

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2008, 01:51:55 PM »
Join the club, I wanted the haruhi 1/8 figure could'nt afford £60 at the moment though

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2008, 01:21:49 PM »
Bought myself another addition to my collection, but not anime, starwars again this time an imperial tie fighter

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2008, 11:54:32 AM »
Bought myself a mikuru figure (no haruhi's) bummer), A stormtrooper commander (with force unleashed for psp) and the a cobra grenadier and destro (comic pack), (running out of space) ouch.

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2008, 05:26:24 PM »
A good Norwegian friend of mine, sent me a gift for this christmas recently, he told me to open it when i got it...
He got my ALL the 6 trading figures of Excel Saga :D Awesome present, the present i sent to him seems a bit dull now in comparison, haha...

Great though, i assembled all of them, and now i just need a good place to put them
Can't believe he got me these, they're great... I never managed to find them for a good price online myself :o

I'm not that much into figures, i am however a great fan of Excel Saga, so this fits just perfectly to my collection :D
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2008, 06:48:12 PM »
A good Norwegian friend of mine, sent me a gift for this christmas recently, he told me to open it when i got it...
He got my ALL the 6 trading figures of Excel Saga :D Awesome present, the present i sent to him seems a bit dull now in comparison, haha...

Great though, i assembled all of them, and now i just need a good place to put them
Can't believe he got me these, they're great... I never managed to find them for a good price online myself :o

I'm not that much into figures, i am however a great fan of Excel Saga, so this fits just perfectly to my collection :D
Congrats! Wish I was that lucky to get Christmas presents like that.

I still see the complete sets on ebay once in a while. Some prices are reasonable and some are just ridiculous.

You'll probably find that Excel manages to stand by herself pretty good. She's the only one I don't use with the included stand.
I tried standing Hyatt without a stand, but she seems to have fainting spells if you know what I mean. :e_wink:

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2008, 06:54:45 PM »

I still see the complete sets on ebay once in a while. Some prices are reasonable and some are just ridiculous.

I got all six of them for, like, $25 last year from some shop.  They aren't all that expensive or hard to find. D:

You'll probably find that Excel manages to stand by herself pretty good. She's the only one I don't use with the included stand.
I tried standing Hyatt without a stand, but she seems to have fainting spells if you know what I mean. :e_wink:

Those stands are confusing and difficult as hell to construct.  After an entire year, I still haven't figured out how to do it.  Hyatt stands up fine by itself for me, so I only have Excel and Hyatt displayed on my bookcase.  Next to Spike Spiegel. :D

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2008, 07:44:53 PM »

After a few tries of seeing Hyatt (authentically) fall backwards, i actually got her standing fine... However, i used the stand thingies on all characters... For no particular reason i guess... I just felt like stabilizing the whole bunch...

My favorites are Elgala, Ropponmatsu, Ropponmatsu II, and Misaki...
I love all the Mince's that came with each of them, especially the frying pan one and Mince with the hacking tool for breaching the wall :D
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2008, 11:29:13 PM »
I got my very first anime figures yesterday... I won them at a little game in anime club at school. They're from Soul Eater (woo!).

I got the dude in the front in the really really gay position (like he's ready to take it in the ass), and the girl at the top left.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2009, 03:20:24 PM »
One of my nephews has Golden Darkness (from To Love-Ru) pre-ordered. Looks very impressive from the photos. He'll be lucky I don't steal it from him.. :il_hahaha:
http://www.goodsmile.info/detail/eng/2185/Golden+Darkness.html

Good Smile Company never fails to impress.  :e_shocked:

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2009, 09:17:16 PM »
hey, is it possible to get a cheap version of haruhi in the bunny outfit(?), cause at a 'con they had them for five bucks. i think they were pre made...