Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141250 times)

Her Excellency The Pink Bunny

• You see nothing!
  • Spam Master
  • ;D
    • View Profile
    • Pink Bunny's Twitter
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2008, 08:58:38 PM »
Hellsing Ultimate 4 in japanese
I didn't understand a word of it
But I really wanted to see Schrödinger and Rip Van Winkle!

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2008, 09:02:28 PM »
Samurai Pizza Cats were awesome.  Really funny stuff, there.  Almost missed out on that when it originally aired.  It was in a weird time-slot...

Recently picked up Suzuka, which I've been meaning to check out for some time.
I've been in a light, romantic trend for a while, and this fits the bill.  The title character, Suzuka, is the very idea of tsundere taken to the extreme, and Akitsuki is the biggest moron going.  I like it.

E^D

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2008, 01:27:56 PM »
Currently watching le portrait pettite cossette, an anime I truelly appreciate, as its stylish and fairly creepy, and I am watching it while typing this.

I have one question on one anime I own Nurse witch komugi is that all the episodes they produced for it 6,.

galenow

• Across Star 1
  • "hey, hey, hey..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2008, 02:59:42 PM »
YUP,  5 episodes and one special for Nurse witch komugi, How was/is it?
 :kabapu-1:

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2008, 03:04:26 PM »
its just a bit unfornate that my anime import dealer is closed down now.
That would definately suck. There's a lot of other people here on the forum from the UK as well who experience some problems obtaining a variety of licensed anime locally. Hopefully this is something that will change for the better in the near future. Just as long as demand is strong, supply should reflect that. Hopefully.
If you happen to have a local HMV store close to you, talk with them about ordering in what you want. They do a really good job of suppling titles for me here.

also I watched BLEACH
I'm up to episode 130 now. Overall, Bleach has been a good entertaining series for me. Don't understand why some complain so much about the story arcs, "bad" episodes, etc. The level of quality with animation and story has been fairly consistant considering just how long this series has run.

Ikki Tousen: This is a series I purposely avoided watching because I initially thought the concept to be too ridiculous to work and felt it was done-to-death (rival schools, fighting, and fanservice... maybe too much fanservice O_O). Nothing overly special, but it turned out to be a fun series, albeit a bit short with only thirteen episodes. There's a second series called Dragon Destiny which I may check out.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2008, 03:00:49 PM »
Ikki tousen wasn't too bad enjoyable to watch even if the main female character is a bit of an idiot.

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2008, 08:18:03 PM »
Currently watching le portrait pettite cossette, an anime I truelly appreciate, as its stylish and fairly creepy, and I am watching it while typing this.

I have one question on one anime I own Nurse witch komugi is that all the episodes they produced for it 6,.
I didn't care for Nurse Witch Komugi at all, but then I may have already mentioned that earlier in this thread.  I think it was only 6 episodes long, because it came and went from The Animé Network really quickly.

I've heard the name Petite Cossette, but had no idea what it was about.  I just may pick up this one.

E^D

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2008, 08:47:30 PM »
even if the main female character is a bit of an idiot.

A bit? :D

I watched that some time ago, it was pretty forgettable, mostly just an excuse to show extreme fan service, which gets old quickly.  I read the manga up to vol 8 and admit the central idea was interesting enough, but the stuff surrounding it diminished any hope of it being 'good.'

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2008, 09:41:04 PM »
I've never seen such blatent and frequent fanservice.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 29, 2008, 08:24:24 AM »

Just this side of hentai, anyway, which it threatened to cross over into in a couple parts.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Mr Crispy

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 29, 2008, 08:04:17 PM »
Well, recently I've finished Moyashimon, Mononoke (not to be confused with Princess Mononoke), and Oh Edo Rocket.

Moyashimon was a cute show. Slice of life show about a guy with the ability to see bacteria as chibi doodles who goes to college at an agricultural university. Has some science lessons about how bacteria is used in food production, like fermentation and brewing alcohol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riSLmaDK6xI Also the end of episode 8 was awesome.

Mononoke is a horror/psychological show following the nameless medicine seller from Bakeneko (a stand alone arc that is part of the Ayakashi classic Japanese horror anthology) as he exorcises ghosts by exposing the reason of their haunting. The series is probably best known for its unusual visual style. It imitates the art style and texture of traditional Japanese paintings sort of like Okami... But on LSD. As you can probably see from the OP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3YEEI0ES5M, or some of the AMV/MADs out there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZIDJ0vORnw. Though the pace is pretty slow and confusing at times and some of the character designs are pretty odd.

Oh Edo Rocket was a bit of a disappointment for me. I liked the background art (again reminded me of Okami), but disliked a lot of the character designs. And I disliked some of the plot points, especially the whole subplot with Akai because I hated his character and didn't like how the show wanted you to sympathise with him despite his actions. Some of the fourth wall breaking moments and modern anime references or anachronisms were funny though.

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2008, 04:13:23 AM »
Just got the complete Japanese edition of Ghost in the Shell second gig.
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't many people happy?

Rika-chama

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2008, 11:15:27 AM »
I finally finished Strawberry Panic a shoujo-ai that takes place at an all girls school. Pretty cliche but also really sweet.

Now I'm gonna finish up Maria-sama ga Miteru another shoujo-ai at an all girls school but more deep and less cliche than SP. Also the romance here is mostly subtext but for some reason it's not annoying like most subtext is.

Ni-paa~

Squirrellord

• ?????????????
  • Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2008, 01:42:10 PM »

Can it be worse than Rosario + Vampire? I absolutely love the manga, but the anime is so fanservice filled...

Oh, Rika-chama, go read Ichigo 100%, you'd probably like it ;) (makes me cry ;_;)

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »
I don't know, I never saw that one.