Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141242 times)

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #240 on: March 30, 2008, 11:41:27 AM »
I watched Gi joe the movie for about the 65th time since buyning it, still like the intro in my opinion the best bit of that film is the intro, and unfortunately I do try to see along with the intro

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2008, 06:16:23 PM »
Newly seen

DVD: xxxHolic, Tsubasa  Got also got 3 volumes of the xxxHolic manga, too.  xxxHolic manga is a pretty, damn good story and I picked up that DVD and box first; then it made me really curious about what Tsubasa's all about.  Then, yesterday, I saw the Tsubasa volume 1 box, and volume 2 DVD, both at half price, and couldn't say no.
And yet, I barely know of anything by CLAMP, except CardCaptor Sakura back when it first aired as "CardCaptors" here in the U.S., but that was about it.  It was a little odd getting used to the exaggeratedly long, thin character designs during the first episode of xxxHolic, but before the end, I thought it was kind of elegantly cool (not cool as in 1950's greaser "Ay, cool, daddy-yo!" but cool as an icy coolness).  Plus, there are butterflies, all over the place.

The Animé Network: FullMetal Panic, Madlax, Final Fantasy Unlimited. All interesting, in their own way...  Though Madlax was way confusing to me, FMP was funny as hell, yet intriguing, and FFU was good, if not for that one kid's voice.  Whoever did his voice, it must have been their first time, or something, because the delivery was way flat, and off speaking tempo, and it just sounds weird whenever he speaks lines.
Although, I missed the first two episodes of GetBackers, Samurai Gun, and UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie, but may just check them out anyway, if I can follow up on the story quick enough to care.

E^D

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2008, 07:36:08 PM »
FFU, frankly even the Japanese was poor, but the dub was awful, especially the boy's voice.  And the art was complete shite, I watched about four episodes and the "summons" from the gun ended, like, everything.  Dull, ugly, and annoying.

Tried watching xxxHolic, but couldn't get used to the character designs, way too odd.  FMP is awesome though, wish I owned TSR, it was the best of the lot.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2008, 08:29:15 PM »
Watched the first five episodes of Blood+.  Not yet sure whether I like it or not, but it's... interesting.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #244 on: April 05, 2008, 12:48:27 PM »
I watched the first two episodes of Onegai Teacher yesterday...

Why is it that all these anime I've heard about for years but never watched end up being these ridiculous high school nerd fantasy drama-comedy type of things? I watched the first episode of Love Hina and it was pretty much the same thing.

Where's the Serial Experiments Lain stuff? Evangelion? The psycho crap that makes no sense, that's what I love!

Rika-chama

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 05, 2008, 03:22:13 PM »
Finally finished Rozen Maiden Träumend and Ouvertüre. I really enjoyed Träumend except for the ending.  :elangry:

Still watching Kaiji and waiting for the next Kyo Kara Maoh OVA  :ehail:

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 06, 2008, 09:31:52 AM »
Where's the Serial Experiments Lain stuff? Evangelion? The psycho crap that makes no sense, that's what I love!

The last of the mind bender anime I saw was Paranoia Agent, but only in part.  I need to see it all the way through, because I was lost.  You miss one ep, or part of an ep, and continuity was broken.  It's something that needs to be watched unbroken.

Although Higurashi was a good mind twister, plus it included other elements that made it unique.  If you haven't already seen it, you might try Le Chevelier D'Eon, it was a pretty intelligent anime, though it wasn't the mind fuck that Lain was - but then again, I've never seen anything quite like Lain.

As far as why there are so many of the harem-animes or school days types is because they sell better.  End of story, really. 

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Squirrellord

• ?????????????
  • Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2008, 01:13:48 PM »
Ghost Hound is kind of mind-bendy-ish. It's not the greatest, but it's something worth looking into.
Also, if you like X-files, check out Mushishi. It's like a Japanese X-files, but about bug spirit things instead of aliens.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 07, 2008, 06:33:29 AM »
Just re-watched Tenchi Muyo!  I forgot how dirty it was in parts, still funny all these years later :).

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 07, 2008, 09:41:39 AM »
Recently started watching This ugly and beautiful world, a little disappointed with the ending though.

Squirrellord

• ?????????????
  • Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 08, 2008, 10:55:13 PM »
Just started Seto no Hanayome. I have to say, it is probably one of the funniest anime series I've ever seen, without crossing over into the inane parody genre! Everyone should see it, even if the synopsis sounds like crap (Mermaids)
Plus, I started Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori
Aaaaand the new series have started for spring, namely Kure-nai (epic anime), and To-Love-Ru (Generic but fun)

galenow

• Across Star 1
  • "hey, hey, hey..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 09, 2008, 05:47:57 AM »
Starting "Lost Universe", liked most of the "Slayers" Series but we'll see!
Finished last Disc of "School Rumble" A good series that keeps on plugging along. I mean the manga/series is still in route in Japan with no sign of stopping soon.

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 12, 2008, 07:17:11 PM »
Starting "Lost Universe", liked most of the "Slayers" Series but we'll see!

Lost Universe is a lot of fun. :D  They go all serious at the end, though, which kind of spoils the fun IMO.

I'm on the final episode of Princess Tutu, which was surprisingly good, though it did dip into the inane and repetitve for a while after the halfway point.  Funny, cute, charming, and quite artistic.  Got it half-price because the complete series came out recently and is still on sale (though the price is creeping up.)

Slayers is probably on my list to see next, though I've said I will give FLCL another try. (I attempted it as an anime noob. right after Excel Saga, and my reaction to episode one was a big WTF? )

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 12, 2008, 10:15:11 PM »
Finished watching all of Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE.  It was very enjoyable, and I can't wait for the second season.

E^D

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #254 on: April 12, 2008, 10:58:53 PM »
I'm watching Texhnolyze. Just finished the third DVD.