Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141258 times)

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #285 on: April 26, 2008, 01:26:37 PM »
Yes, pretty much up through ep 13 of Higurashi I was just like "Okay, so we're redoing the series every few episodes, except the one who goes psycho and kills everyone changes.  Riiiight" but once you keep going the blocks start to fall into place about just what is going on, and by ep 3 or 4 of Kai, the whole thing cracks open.  I think in the end of the pacing and the plot hooks could have been brought on a little earlier, but in the end it was a great series.

As for Tenchi Ryo-Ohki, that was kind of a big "WTF?  Is this Dragonball Z all of sudden?" moment, though I think I missed something in-between.  At least I hope I did, because otherwise I will be quite annoyed.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Mas

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 06, 2008, 01:38:40 AM »
Last anime I saw... it was the Galaxy Express 999 movie. Now I kind of want to read the manga.

I just can't get enough of Maetel's eyes. Just look at those eyelashes...

galenow

• Across Star 1
  • "hey, hey, hey..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 09, 2008, 07:00:55 PM »
Re-Re-Watching "Y'r Under Arrest" and trying to locate "Club- to- death angel" which was recommended by a friend.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 09, 2008, 07:07:12 PM »
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro.  It's epic.

Sweeney_Todd

• The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  • Emergency food supply
  • He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 09, 2008, 07:50:13 PM »
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro.  It's epic.
Indeed.

Lupin III: This is a treasure for all mankind. Too big for my pocket, anyway.
"He kept a shop in London Town
Of fancy clients and good renown
And what if none of their souls were saved
They went to their maker impeccably shaved
By Sweeney
By Sweeney Todd
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"

"The Ballad of Sweeney Todd"

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 09, 2008, 08:13:11 PM »
Good luck finding it uncensored Galenow, I downloaded it before Stage6 tanked.  I doubt it will ever be released overseas, though I wish it would be, I would buy it in a second.  Only reasons I DL'ed it was precisely because I would likely never be able to see it again from a source I could trust (lookin at you, Veoh).

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

galenow

• Across Star 1
  • "hey, hey, hey..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2008, 05:58:42 PM »
$#@! That is what i figured, The word(s) I have heard on it mentioned how "Excel-esce" it seemed and it was too violent even though there was a constant resurrection factor ... :hpleased:

Thanks, ElricJC for the wordup!

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #292 on: May 10, 2008, 06:46:32 PM »
Just rewatched FLCL... I have it taped on VHS from way back when Adult Swim played it for the first time, hah.

Shit quality, unfortunately. It seems the DVDs for purchase have become a rarity...

Also, I rediscovered Trigun, the anime that started it all for me a reeeaaallly long time ago.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 06:51:03 PM by Poey »

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #293 on: May 10, 2008, 06:50:23 PM »
Ah yes, as for new anime...

I finished Texhnolyze. I uh... have no idea what to think. (in a good way... ?)

Also, I finished Haibane Renmei. I liked it in a different way. There's a lot to it if you look for it/think about it, but it's not so obvious because the show seems really simple and light-hearted.

Squirrellord

• ?????????????
  • Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 13, 2008, 04:52:27 PM »
Friend coaxed me into watching Kaiji. I've been marathoning it just to get it over with (It's not bad by any means, it's just not my cup of tea lol).
Plus, Soul Eater, Kurenai, and Nabari no Ou as they get released. All three are epic (though, Nabari is just a Naruto rehash with Shikamaru on downers as the main character)

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #295 on: May 22, 2008, 08:43:49 AM »
I'm thinking about checking out Paranoia Agent... I saw the series on Adult Swim way back when, and I remember NOT liking at all. However, when I look back it seems like the type of anime I should have LOVED since it's was all reality-defying and psycho... but I dunno. I don't really want to run out and buy the box set, but I don't want to watch it online. Damn. Hmmm...... maybe I should just go with what I remember about not liking it and leave it alone.

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 24, 2008, 07:24:48 PM »
See if your local library can get it for you, Poey!

I recently finished Comic Party Revolution, and while it's normally mostly the sort of random, episodic comedy I like, I was disappointed.  Because I loved the original Comic Party series, with all the cartooning and convention-going and exploration, and Revolution hardly had any of that theme. And instead of developing the characters further, they were two-dimensionalized. There were some of the elements of harem anime (every girl's universe centered on Kazuki, it seemed at times) and some of the kind of parody that's probably funny if you know what they're parodying, but not really otherwise.  Don't misunderstand me, it was...prettty good and reasonably funny, and I really enjoyed the laser-tag episode especially.  It just felt like a wasted opportunity to make something really excellent on the base that had already been set up.

Now I'm starting Slayers!  And I'm gradually gathering the DVDs of Gokudo. which looked pretty funny from the episode I saw.

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #297 on: May 24, 2008, 08:18:55 PM »
My local... what? Never heard of it. Is that like a doctor's office?

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 24, 2008, 11:22:20 PM »
Tsk. What, did you run up a huge fine and now you're afraid to go back?

Okay, judging from your location in your profile, I checked your library system's catalog, and they don't have it.

More steps you can take are:

1. Ask a librarian to order you a copy from outside the system.  If we can do it in Wisconsin, I see no reason they can't do it in California.

2. Fill in the Purchase Request Form. https://alam1.aclibrary.org:443/acquire~S2

If more people asked their libraries for anime, more libraries would have anime...

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Rika-chama

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 25, 2008, 06:48:42 PM »
I'm thinking about checking out Paranoia Agent... I saw the series on Adult Swim way back when, and I remember NOT liking at all. However, when I look back it seems like the type of anime I should have LOVED since it's was all reality-defying and psycho... but I dunno. I don't really want to run out and buy the box set, but I don't want to watch it online. Damn. Hmmm...... maybe I should just go with what I remember about not liking it and leave it alone.

I loved Kaiji so much. I marathoned it because I couldn't stop watching it  :ehail:

So I finally finished Le Chevalier D'Eon which was pretty good. Also keeping up with the new Kyou Kara Maou season. I just started watching Oniisama e which is pretty old.