Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141108 times)

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #375 on: August 26, 2008, 01:49:45 PM »
the 2 Sgt Frog Movies and am waiting for the 3rd one (keroro vs Dark Keroro)

Sweeney_Todd

• The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  • Emergency food supply
  • He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 29, 2008, 10:02:02 AM »
I have just finished watching episode 13 of "Azumanga Daioh".
"He kept a shop in London Town
Of fancy clients and good renown
And what if none of their souls were saved
They went to their maker impeccably shaved
By Sweeney
By Sweeney Todd
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"

"The Ballad of Sweeney Todd"

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 29, 2008, 12:18:20 PM »
I haven't watched it yet, I have bought myself the last volume of haruhi, one of the most easiest sets to collect in the UK at the moment, bit annoyed that there is no news of when volume 2 of wall flower is due for release

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 30, 2008, 10:24:37 AM »
Watched the last four episodes of Angelic Layer last night.

It was so happy, I almost cried.  This series is what good animé is all about.  I laughed, I felt sad, and was literally sitting on the edge of my seat in a mix of anticipation and amazement.  The Hikaru Vs. Wizard fight is the best fight scene in the series, and puts any DBZ fight scene to shame.  The characters have truly grown and changed through their experiences.

I'm looking forward to watching it again, subtitled.

I also just watched the first three 'chapters' of Higurashi no naku koro ni/When They Cry, again, with my best friend.  He was enthralled.  I sure hope he has pleasant dreams after watching it, but I doubt it...

Higurashi/When They Cry is going to be re-released in the U.S. at the end of September.  I can't wait.

E^D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 09:38:35 PM by E^D Crow »

Rika-chama

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 03, 2008, 06:33:54 PM »
Been watching Candy Boy.  An ONA about two twin sisters who just started college and are VERY close.  It's pretty good although the shoujo-ai incest stuff might weird people out. I love it  :lordilsmile:

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 03, 2008, 07:28:41 PM »
Been watching Candy Boy.  An ONA about two twin sisters who just started college and are VERY close.  It's pretty good although the shoujo-ai incest stuff might weird people out. I love it  :lordilsmile:

Umm... yay incest??  Yeah, I think I'll let that one sit.

I have been rewatching Abenobashi, and I watched the first three eps of the "Blade of the Immortal" anime, just out in Japan.  I was highly critical of the 1st ep - as a longtime fan of the manga, I found it to be a complete mess, and I hate the OP song (sort of this modernistic Enka business).  The next two eps were more redeeming, as long as I don't try to compare the two too much, but the spirit of the manga is mostly there, and Mani is getting more of his sarcastic humor going, which was absent in episode 1.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #381 on: September 04, 2008, 02:55:17 PM »
Watched the last four episodes of Angelic Layer last night.

It was so happy, I almost cried.  This series is what good animé is all about.  I laughed, I felt sad, and was literally sitting on the edge of my seat in a mix of anticipation and amazement.
 I know what you mean. Angelic Layer was an all-round enjoyable series to watch. When first watching, I was afraid it was gonna turn into a Pokémon-esqe type of storyline - but no. This was not at all the case and was so much more beyond that.
I would highly recommend this series to anyone.

The Hikaru Vs. Wizard fight is the best fight scene in the series, and puts any DBZ fight scene to shame.  The characters have truly grown and changed through their experiences.
But mostly anything out there could put a DBZ fight scene to shame. :e_wink: Constipated-sounding power ups do nothing for me.
Of course, I say this being hypocritical of myself since I used to watch it quite a bit back in the day. Very difficult to watch it now though! :il_hahaha:

Higurashi/When They Cry is going to be re-released in the U.S. at the end of September.  I can't wait.
I can't wait either. Or rather, I am waiting for a bit just to see if any mention of re-releasing it as a thinpak happens. I doubt that'll happen yet though.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 07, 2008, 12:37:07 PM »
Last anime I saw was naruto season 4 volume 1 and sonic the hedgehog the original morning cartoon, (the oone which was like watching a version of road runner.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #383 on: September 08, 2008, 01:55:19 AM »
^^ Haha yes!! I woke up to that show every morning at 7am in the first/second grade!

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 08, 2008, 11:16:52 AM »
Lupin the Third the secret of Mamo

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 09, 2008, 07:02:14 PM »
I'm re-watching Azumanga Daioh, subtitled.  This act was inspired by both Sweeney_Todd, and the 36" Sony Trinitron my Uncle gave to me.  All 350-400 lbs. of it was sitting in his garage, and he didn't care who took it, as long as it was out of there.

Watched the first episode of Wandaba Style.  It's... interesting?  But I don't know if it will hold my interest.  Something about some rich kid who's determined to land on the moon (because he thinks the 1969 landing never happened [huh?]), teaming up with a mish-mash pop-idol girl group, who are going to play a concert...on the moon!
:e_confused:

Watched a few episodes of Shingu, and it's pretty cool.  School kids with super powers, fighting off an alien invasion, with something much deeper going on.  Very realistic characters.  I like it.

Also watched two episodes of Samurai Gun.  Not really sure what's going on, but it is violent!  Ichimatsu really doesn't want to kill people, but it's difficult, when that's kind of what he's obliged to do.  In my view, not great, but very far from being awful.

I know what you mean. Angelic Layer was an all-round enjoyable series to watch. When first watching, I was afraid it was gonna turn into a Pokémon-esqe type of storyline - but no. This was not at all the case and was so much more beyond that.
I would highly recommend this series to anyone.
I said it before, and I will stick to it: CLAMP can do no wrong!

But mostly anything out there could put a DBZ fight scene to shame. :e_wink: Constipated-sounding power ups do nothing for me.
Of course, I say this being hypocritical of myself since I used to watch it quite a bit back in the day. Very difficult to watch it now though! :il_hahaha:
That's why I used it as a basis.  DBZ was one of my first introductions to "popular" animé.  My friends that do/did watch animé were all into it, buying the dvds and all... I lost interest kind of quick.  All the Angelic Layer fights are intense, while seeming realistic; for being just a bunch of animated dolls, that is. :e_wink:

I can't wait either. Or rather, I am waiting for a bit just to see if any mention of re-releasing it as a thinpak happens. I doubt that'll happen yet though.
From what I've seen by checking the Best Buy and Amazon sites, vols. 1-4 will be released Sept. 30th, with vol. 5 out Nov. 11th.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 11, 2008, 01:54:54 PM »
Though I did like the freiza saga, I would agree that they wasted too many episodes with the powering up, but unfortunately naruto suffers from the same problem, by making things last in to many episodes, personally I thought series 2 and 3 were pretty shit, basically the chunin exam and the attack on the village, though orochimaru does make for a classy villan

Escargotage

• Lay-zee~
  • Unemployed
  • lolumad?
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 12, 2008, 06:03:33 PM »
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, was quite enjoyable. :]

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 15, 2008, 01:23:19 PM »
Hell girl volumes 1,2 and 3 again, I'm just a bit annoyed it's taking a blooding long time for this series to get released I had to wait about 3 months or so for volume 3, but apart from that an excellent anime, especially when the tormentor becomes the tormented

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 16, 2008, 08:50:16 PM »
Just started Evangelion.  Yes, I'm very late, I know.  I've seen about half the episodes and End of Evangelion before, but that was like 5 years ago and completely out of order.