Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141665 times)

WolfeMcGowann

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #615 on: October 03, 2009, 06:23:41 AM »

I'm now up to episode 76 in Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Don't want to know how much of my time this show has eaten.... Also finished G.T.O. I just love that 80's/90's anime style. Hell, I love the 90's in general.

Oh, hooray for all the people watching FMP! It was the first anime I ever saw, so it has a special place in my cynical old heart. Now I just wish they'd greenlight another season, as it gets really good after this...

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 03, 2009, 03:29:44 PM »
Bought myself space adventure cobra not bad peice of sifi anime

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 03, 2009, 06:51:41 PM »
Umineko episodes 10-14. I haven't enjoyed it since the first magic fight in episode 8, and I'm really considering dropping this series.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 04, 2009, 09:20:39 AM »
I bought up a bunch of anime during a local store's untimely closing sale, and watched Tenchi Muyo: Ryo Ohki, the continuation of the original series - only 7 eps. long. Very... odd and hard to follow, not my favorite in truth. Also bought up Vandread complete collection and AMG first season + the movie.

Unfortunate to hear about Umineko, is it boring? non-sensical? What's made it unenjoyable? I haven't seen any of it yet.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 04, 2009, 09:33:18 AM »
I find it very boring and stupid. The magic fights are the epitome of lame, the "mature" content is there just for the sake of it, there is almost no character development, and after episode 7 the series forgoes its creepy atmosphere and intriguing story for Troma-level cheesiness. Except this is supposed to be serious.

Then again, I never liked Haruhi either, so most anime fans will probably disagree with me.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:35:42 AM by Foggle »

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 04, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
^ I didn't think the 7 episoder of tenchi was very good either and I wasted about 50 quid to buy the sodding thing

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 04, 2009, 03:15:15 PM »
I find it very boring and stupid. The magic fights are the epitome of lame, the "mature" content is there just for the sake of it, there is almost no character development, and after episode 7 the series forgoes its creepy atmosphere and intriguing story for Troma-level cheesiness. Except this is supposed to be serious.

Then again, I never liked Haruhi either, so most anime fans will probably disagree with me.

Ouch, Troma-level? That's harsh. Surprising for the series to go from Higurashi's high to that, but, well, *points to Haruhi* I actually sold my Haruhi set, I really didn't rewatch it much after the first 2-3 viewings.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 05, 2009, 03:10:59 AM »
i walked into an asian style store that a whole big row of unreleased anime with on Jap dub and English subtitles. They were $20 a season, who am i to question that?
So I bought:
Neon Genesis, You are (Not) Alone,
Toradora part 1 and 2
K-on!
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei seasons 1 and 2.

Neon Genesis: while i wasn't expecting it to be so close to the original, i enjoyed the better quality art in similar scenes. When the story diverted, i got more into it and i actually liked the subtle differences in Shinji's personality. He had more attitude, or something like that. Plus, I couldn't help but do an inner fangirl scream when i saw Kawaru. But it soon turned into: 'put some pants on, for crying out loud!'. Overall, it was great and i can't wait for the next one!
K-on: because of all the hype i got it. It's enjoyable, but i have no idea if i'd watch it over and over again. I want them to actually progress more and more as musicians, but i don't know if they'll do it in the 5 eps i have left.
Sayonara Zetsubous sensei: is brilliant, as always. The second season it even more weird and funny (in the same way School rumble was). My only  complaint is that the sub work on these 2 dvds is atrocious. They dont attempt to sub the chalkboard or Meru's text messages, meaning one scene makes absolutely no sense. As time goes on, the subs end up as utter Engrish, nothing makes sense and every line sounds like it came from babel fish. A question: can i do a sub job myself on the dvd?

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 05, 2009, 12:02:49 PM »
Watched volume 1 of Noir and Twilight of the darkmaster not a bad anime

Mas

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 11, 2009, 08:29:23 AM »

I'm trying to like the Umineko anime, I really am, but it's hard to enjoy it with DEEN screwing everything up. My suggestion is to just avoid this anime and read the Umineko visual novel instead.

Ah, and the last series I finished was One Outs. I loved it. It was like Akagi with baseball.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 12, 2009, 12:47:12 PM »
Watched first volume of Love hina, unsure about this series at the moment though

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 14, 2009, 10:28:13 PM »
if i hadnt read the manga, i would've stopped love hina at the 2nd or 3rd episode. It gets better around the time Mutsumi shows up. There are some pretty good moments in love hina (But not an ending that ties all the pieces up), so keep watching, i thought it was worth it.
Watched the first half of Toradora. I didn't expect it to get so emotional, but there it is. For a love triangle-square-pentagon-hexagon, they sure don't make Aisaka the likeable one. Sure, she may be irritable, but give me one reason to like her, please! The novel version was better, probably because i couldn't hear her voice. Ami Kawashima is the obvious superior and the only reason i can really come up with is that she can do a higurashi face. That's it.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 15, 2009, 01:46:52 PM »
Watched cosplay complex and gave up on it. I don't seem to find it funny anymore

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 19, 2009, 01:02:17 PM »
Saw 2 episodes of He Is My Master, on the Animé Network, and it was pretty funny.  A fan-service-laden harem comedy, with maids.  At least the main (male) character is a raving pervert, so the tight, skimpy maid outfits makes some sense.  I'll keep watching it, but not really something I would buy.

I bought, and will soon watch Clannad - After Story Part 1, because I love tear-jerkers.

And, because I am actually enjoing it, I bought Daphne In The Brilliant Blue.  The show really exceeded my expectations, and I don't feel like waiting a few more months for them to put it up (one per week) on Animé Network.  I still think the character designs are hideous, but I've gotten over that.

I also bought the Lucky Star OVA, which was...OK.  Just OK.  I love the series, but there was something off about the OVA.  Not nearly as funny, and some scenes seemed to really drag along.  The ending with Akira and Minoru was also pretty bad.  I would have rather seen an animated Lucky Channel at the end.

E^D

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 20, 2009, 12:05:13 PM »
Unfortunatley watched vexille, what a load of shit and it was completely boring