Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 150405 times)

Mad Hatteress

Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #675 on: December 28, 2009, 03:12:55 PM »
^ Wow. It's no big deal! It's really very cute since they all want to be his moms. There's really nothing inappropriate.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 29, 2009, 01:06:24 PM »
Watched the first volume of the weird lesbian love triangle anime kashimashi, I like it but I still do not know why the fuck I bought it in the first place, I blame newtype

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #677 on: December 30, 2009, 04:45:48 PM »
After fighting a battle with myself on whether or not I should buy Ergo Proxy, I finally gave in during this Boxing Week sale. I found myself at HMV with three copies of The Complete Collection staring me down, beckoning me to buy one with 20% off stickers on them. Couldn't resist. I usually try to treat myself to something after Christmas anyways.

I've only watched episode one, but damn, does it ever feel a lot like the Blade Runner movie. This is not a bad thing at all! Hope the rest of the series delivers just as well.

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 30, 2009, 05:48:20 PM »
Watched the first volume of the weird lesbian love triangle anime kashimashi, I like it but I still do not know why the fuck I bought it in the first place, I blame newtype
I read a bit of the manga online, by chance, and bought both the manga and the animé.  The animé is kind of a watered-down version of the manga, with a few changes that really effect the story.  I liked it, but I'm a sucker for yuri, anyway. :e_embarassed:

E^D

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 30, 2009, 09:10:29 PM »
After fighting a battle with myself on whether or not I should buy Ergo Proxy, I finally gave in during this Boxing Week sale. I found myself at HMV with three copies of The Complete Collection staring me down, beckoning me to buy one with 20% off stickers on them. Couldn't resist. I usually try to treat myself to something after Christmas anyways.

I've only watched episode one, but damn, does it ever feel a lot like the Blade Runner movie. This is not a bad thing at all! Hope the rest of the series delivers just as well.

It shares a lot of thematic similarities to Blade Runner, but let's just say that the twist at the end, unless you are highly observant the first time through, will be a huge surprise. It took me try two to fully understand the ending and what everything meant when wrapped up together. It's highly existential by nature, but in a good way :D. I don't think you will be disappointed.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #680 on: December 31, 2009, 02:36:31 PM »
Puni Puni Poemy.

...WTF was that?

Anyway, I realized why I thought that sister with the large chest seemed so familiar. At first I was thinking Miwa for obvious reasons but upon watching the two episodes I think her face looks a lot like Hyatt's.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #681 on: December 31, 2009, 03:20:07 PM »
Puni Puni Poemy.

...WTF was that?
Yeah... quite hyper, wasn't it? O_o lol!

Anyway, I realized why I thought that sister with the large chest seemed so familiar. At first I was thinking Miwa for obvious reasons but upon watching the two episodes I think her face looks a lot like Hyatt's.
Very much so.
I believe the character designer had a lot to do with that. As I look at my copies of PPP and ES, Satohsi Ishino did character design work for both. But really, PPP was all Shinichi Watanabe's baby. Rikdo seems to have had nothing to do with it. It was a strange spinoff that, well, really wasn't a spinoff.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 31, 2009, 04:40:52 PM »
That was certainly a funny show, shame it was only 2 episodes

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #683 on: December 31, 2009, 04:46:24 PM »
I think two was just right. Watching something like that can be a bit draining and I can only take a character who screams 98% of her lines in small doses.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 31, 2009, 07:11:37 PM »
Mars of Destruction.

Check out my review (copied and pasted from MAL):
Quote from: Completely truthful review (no sarcasm here, nuh uh)
This is by far the anime medium's magnum opus. Mars of Destruction is the best animated movie I've seen in years, if not ever. In terms of science-fiction related media, this blows other greats such as Heinlein's works, Battlestar Galactica, and Neon Genesis Evangelion out of the water. Truly an experience I will never forget, and oh, what an experience it was!

Story: 10/10
This film is highly philosophical. I actually felt regret when the Big Bad Ancient Guy told Random Armored Cop Dude that the humans were the true invaders of Earth. This plot twist was stunning and, on the whole, thought-provoking. It was like something written by Kafka.

Art/Animation: 10/10
This movie is so amazing that it actually makes DEEN's animation look like Madhouse by comparison. It gave me more appreciation for other anime titles! I love you, Mars Of Destruction!!!

Sound: 10/10
The voice acting is absolutely perfect. When the characters yell each other's names repeatedly you will FEEL the emotion. The OST recorded by Beethoven himself is also marvelous. He did an excellent job, as always.

Characters: 10/10
The characters are all equally well-done, from Green Hair Girl to Blue Hair Girl; it's so easy to tell them apart! I especially enjoyed the doctor's dialogue, as I would not have known that the girl whose head exploded was dead without his helpful reminder that "she won't make it."

Enjoyment: 10/10
This picture is absolutely riveting on every level! I could watch it over and over and never get bored!

Overall: 10/10
Run, don't walk, to your nearest YouTube to catch this masterpiece as soon as possible! You won't regret it!

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #685 on: January 01, 2010, 10:33:30 PM »
The OST recorded by Beethoven himself is also marvelous. He did an excellent job, as always.

I'm sorry... what? Is this sarcasm which is going over my head?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 10:35:13 PM by Poey »

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 02, 2010, 06:55:11 AM »
I'd have to say yes :D. Wow Foggle, now that was a true piece of scathing sarcasm, awesome :D.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 02, 2010, 09:35:55 AM »
Yep, that review was 100% sarcastic. ;)

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 02, 2010, 10:08:03 AM »
I read some of the other reviews, and then I had to see where it fell on Anime News Network's "Worst 10" list. It managed to plop into #8 Worst Ever. Now I'm compelled to see it just to understand how awful it is. The same compunction that lead me to watch MST3K and mock awful movies, I guess :P.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 02, 2010, 10:11:57 AM »
It's only 20 minutes long, go for it. We should all get on Skype sometime and MST3K it. ;)