Author Topic: My Flashes (Excel Saga!: Remnants posted!)  (Read 45337 times)

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ehchan/
My Flashes (Excel Saga!: Remnants posted!)
« on: February 28, 2007, 08:19:55 PM »
ATTENTION!!:  You can always find the most updated information on the progress of my new Flash animation Excel Saga! by viewing my most recent post in this topic!

Hello everyone!  I thought I would share these since I have had them lying around collecting dust...or something...

They are all on a Freewebs page I made a while ago.  NameOf_A_VGChar is the username I use on gaming sites.  And they are all kind of Sonic the Hedgehog related.  So I'm just providing a link to the page with the flash movies.  I've disabled the links to the other sections of my home page since they aren't really relevant and only contain a bunch of strips from my aborted sprite comic.

So there are about 4 flash movies on one page, so it may take a little bit of time to load if you aren't on broadband.  So watch 'em if you want, enjoy 'em if you feel so inclined.

Oh yeah, you might want the website:
Linky!

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 10:09:31 PM »
Those were good.  Plan on making any more?

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 03:09:07 AM »
Haha... i liked number two... :)

Ps
That sig rocks...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 05:09:33 AM »
@ Soske:  Hmmm...I don't know.  I might, but I haven't been inspired by anything lately.  I would like to do something Excel Saga related, but I really can't draw despite what I'd like to believe....

@ Micki!:  #2 is one of my favorites too because it is like...well, an actual movie with backgrounds and lip syncing and what not.  And I'm glad that so many people like my sig!  Thank you!

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 06:09:56 AM »
Yes, that's why i liked the second the most... more like an actual little music video... :)
I wish io could do Flash... i can't even play around with GIF's correctly :shock:

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 12:22:39 PM »
same here micki

Eh Chan I liked those videos (especially no 2)

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
Artists needed for new flash!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 07:01:40 PM »
Well, I've just been struck upside the head with the inspiration mallet and now I would like to do an Excel Saga flash consisting of several different short scenes set to different music.  I want to do it in this style:

I figure I can just trace some simple poses into flash and then work from those.
First off:  what episode is this picture from?  I want to know so I can develop a prototype trace of Excel (from the front).

Once I get a trace done, I will post it, and that's where YOU *points in general direction of computer screen* come in!

Being without a tablet PC, or any drawing skills for that matter, I am left with the only option of tracing.  Once I develop a trace of Excel I am satisfied with, I will need some sketches of the other characters in the same style!  I will need Hyatt, Elgala, even Menchi in front, back, side, and 3/4 views.  So let me know if you are interested (like I said, the characters will be very close to the style of the above picture), and I can start off a list of who is doing what.  Of course, I will give full credit for anything anyone does.  All I will need are simple sketches (no color needed).  Multiple uniforms would be appreciated, but I will see what I can do myself (I'm already asking a lot, I know).

So as soon as someone tells me what episode that picture is from, I can get to work!

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
Re: Artists needed for new flash!
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 08:04:03 PM »
Quote from: "I'M Eh-chan!"

I figure I can just trace some simple poses into flash and then work from those.
First off:  what episode is this picture from?  I want to know so I can develop a prototype trace of Excel (from the front).

this episode ah this is episode 18 (I'm watching it at this moment) its the daitenzin episode

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 08:12:32 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks, I'm gonna start some traces!

Edit:  Okay, done.  Please note that the final images will be colored much better.  This is just a quick trace I did:

So this is the basic style I would like.  I'll start three lists:  Needed, Promised, Finished.  Sketches I need will be put in the needed list.  Once someone signs up for some, I'll move them to the promised list.  Once the sketch is complete, I'll move it to the finished list.  Remember, I only need a simple sketch.  I just need a simple standing base position for each category, preferably with the arms held in a position such that they don't cover the body.  It doesn't need to be colored.  I'm going to group front with rear, since for this style, the rear view is simply the outline of the front with additional hair/less detailed clothes.

Needed:
-Hyatt front/rear view.
-Hyatt side view.
-Elgala front/rear view.
-Elgala side view.
-Menchi several views.

Promised:

Finished:

Once again, here are the screen caps to give you views of the style:

By the way, I'm planning on calling this flash simply "Excel Saga!".  The exclamation point makes it completely different  :Etoung:

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 11:24:53 AM »
This sounds cool... :)

We already have this Fan comic-thing going on, but it seems a bit on hold just now... this however, sounds pretty simple...

I'd like to help (I read the PM :o)

I'd need some more information... for instance:
- do i need knowledge for flash..? (let me say already, that i have no idea how flash works)

- What size should they be..? (characters)

- Would pencil+paper versions be sufficient... (i am much better with pencil and paper... i have a PC with tablet, but it's cheap, and i can't handle it well enough)
I can also draw with the mouse though... would you prefer it to be digitalized (on PC) or done in real-life (pencil+paper... or permanent marker if you want)

- Expressions needed..? (if so, which..?)

- Certain poses needed..?

That's about it i think... at least i can't think of more just yet

PS
And yes, the exclamation mark deffenately make s adifference... i have one in my name too...

8)

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 01:05:47 PM »
Quote from: "Micki!"
This sounds cool... :)

We already have this Fan comic-thing going on, but it seems a bit on hold just now... this however, sounds pretty simple...

Yeah, like I said, these should be really simple (especially for you).  The pictures don't need any fancy shading or coloring or anything.  You can even just give me outlines and that would be perfect.

I'd like to help (I read the PM :o)

I'd need some more information... for instance:
- do i need knowledge for flash..? (let me say already, that i have no idea how flash works)

Absolutely not.  You need no knowledge of flash.

- What size should they be..? (characters)

I would say that this size would do:

You see, the cool thing about flash is that flash drawings scale extremely well.  This size should be big enough to trace, then I can shrink and enlarge as needed.

- Would pencil+paper versions be sufficient... (i am much better with pencil and paper... i have a PC with tablet, but it's cheap, and i can't handle it well enough)
I can also draw with the mouse though... would you prefer it to be digitalized (on PC) or done in real-life (pencil+paper... or permanent marker if you want)

Pencil and paper would be perfect!  I mean, if you are better with the paper and pencil, then there is no reason for you not to draw them that way.

So basically:  draw it with paper and pencil and scan it in.  If you want to use a marker, only use it for outlines, not for shading or anything.

- Expressions needed..? (if so, which..?)

Not really.  Just a neutral expression should be fine.  I can always change the expression as need be.

- Certain poses needed..?

Just a basic standing straight up pose.  I would like the arms to be extended to the side, so that I can trace the full body detail.

So for front/back views:
Standing straight up with arms fully extended to the side

For side view:

Standing with arms extended forward

For Menchi, I would like a view of her standing from the front, standing from the side, and standing from the rear.

That's about it i think... at least i can't think of more just yet

PS
And yes, the exclamation mark deffenately make s adifference... i have one in my name too...

8)

Thank you so much!  So for Hyatt and Elgala, you can draw them in their their Across uniforms, and possibly another normal outfit if you have time.  If not, I'll see what I can do myself.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 02:03:11 PM »
I'll try and see when i get time for it (though, actually, it's more a matter of which mood i'm in... i simply can't draw when i'm not in the mood to draw)

I hope i get something done fast... I wouldn't have you waiting for weeks...

PS
Gotta look through the comics again to see how Elgala looks from behind... that's a little hard to remember

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 02:11:55 PM »
Thank you so much!  :Evhappy:  :Evhappy:  :Evhappy:  :Evhappy:  :Evhappy:  :Evhappy:  :Evhappy:  :Evhappy:  :Evhappy:  :Evhappy:

I can't wait!  Yeah, just post stuff as you complete it.  For now, I'm going to work on the title screen and any section that only requires Excel and Ilpala, since I can trace those now from screen caps.  So that's 2 out of ten sections.

Maybe I'll give you a sneak peek at one if you need help getting in the mood  :Epleased:

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 02:16:57 PM »
Heh, it's a bit late now, i doubt anything will be done today :P
I'll see if i will get some time tomorrow... Depends on what else i get in mind :o

If you want, you can get my MSN Email address... (well, it's my yahoo mail, but i use it for MSN too)
I don't have anyone from this forum on my list anyways (damn you guys, nobody wants to talk with me in real time..? :Ecry: )

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 03:04:20 PM »
:Eshocked: I'm sorry!  But I don't use MSN messenger!   :Ecry:  :Ecry:

And like I've said many times, you really don't have to make them all that detailed.  That's partly why I chose this style, since it is so simple (but mainly because I also find it very attractive).

So without further ado, I hereby take control of this topic (...from myself?) and claim it in the name of Across!  It shall now be used to provide detailed information on the progress of the exciting new Flash animation Excel Saga!

Excel Saga! Progress:

Music:
Song acquisition: Complete
Cutting to appropriate size:  Complete

Script:
Basic script: Complete
Segment ordering:  Complete
Storyboard:  In progress

Art:
Initial sketches:  In progress
Base models:  In progress

Flash:
Title screen:  Complete
Segments:  1/10 complete
Credits:  Not yet started

Title screen is finished!  And you can get an exciting sneak peak of it right NOW!  Make sure your volume is on, and whatever you do, don't click play!  I'm warning you!  Something completely disappointing and pointless just may happen if you click play!  Click at your own risk!!!111!1!!1

Clicky!

Yay, I finished one of the Il Palazzo and Excel only sections!  Here's a special preview: