Author Topic: My Flashes (Excel Saga!: Remnants posted!)  (Read 45368 times)

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ehchan/
My Flashes (Excel Saga!: Remnants posted!)
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2007, 05:14:32 PM »
Thank you!  I like your avatar (and sig) as well!

By the way, here's an updated version of the title screen:

Linky!

Any button that would normally play a part of the movie will just bring you back to the title screen, but I assure you they all work when the entire movie is compiled.

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2007, 03:09:03 PM »
That's cool...
i have some fun ideas to add for interactive title screens like this...

You'll probably rather want to hear these for the sequel though ( i believe)...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »
Yeah, I'll probably wait for the sequel to go really overboard with everything.  I'm planning on redoing the existing models also.  I want to make them completely symmetrical, so I'll probably re-trace one half then copy and flip it or something.  I'm also probably going to make some "naked" models off of these that I can clothe as I wish (can't have them wearing those uniforms ALL the time, lol).

But I still have to finish this one first!  (how are the rest of those sketches coming along, by the way?)

Also, I've figured out how to prevent people from right clicking and messing around with the movie controls so I removed that big block of text from the title screen.

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2007, 01:08:48 PM »
I might be able to, depending on what you need. I've actually done voice acting before (fandubbing, of course, nothing that would actually pay me in earth money). Do you want me to upload some?

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2007, 01:16:44 PM »
Sure!  That would be awesome! ^^;

I'll listen to them later tonight (can't listen right now).  I'm sure you would be just fine for whatever.  I mean, this isn't like a professional project or anything either.

Do you need my e-mail address to send the files?

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2007, 03:01:33 PM »
She would have plenty of lines!  Like I said, there are going to be parts that focus on each separate character.

I still need to come up with the script, but I assure you it isn't going to be anything TOO complex (if you're worried about too many lines).

Most likely, whatever character is currently being focused on will begin with a little scene setting type narration, and from then on the scene will be carried out normally with no narration (just as if you were watching a normal show).

I may shift focus between characters from time to time, but that will be decided as I write the script.

I hope that explained everything.    :Ecool:

I'll have a much better idea of how many lines everyone will have as the script nears completion, but right now I'm pretty sure everyone will have an equal part, in case you are worried about not getting enough lines.

But for now, I just want to make sure I can get three female voices (otherwise, the project will have to be dropped).

EDIT: And after reading your post in the cosplay topic, apparently you are on board.   :Evhappy:

Now I just need a third girl....

excel-kleinwald

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2007, 05:12:45 PM »
Third girl eh?  Good luck with finding that, although I have never actually tested my vocal ability ;)

I doubt I could make my high pitched voice GOOD however. :D

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2007, 05:20:31 PM »
I've already sent a PM to PinkBunny requesting her voice so I just may be able to avoid resorting to falsettos  :Ewink:

And after listening to myself attempt Il Palazzo, I have decided that I cannot pull off such an important roll after all.  So that means that Il Palazzo is open!  If you are interested, let me know!  Upload your voice test on sendspace.com and PM me the link.  You can say anything you want, just make it Il Palazzo...y...

I will also need a Watanabe.  That much I am sure of.  There will also be some other minor voices. I will figure those out later.

So for now, I'm accepting auditions for Il Palazzo and Watanabe.

UPDATE:  PinkBunny agreed!  Hooray!  Now I have three female voice actors!  All I need now is the men!  Send me those auditions fellows!

Her Excellency The Pink Bunny

• You see nothing!
  • Spam Master
  • ;D
    • View Profile
    • Pink Bunny's Twitter
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2007, 10:42:39 PM »
Uh...I'm some what of a tech-tard  :( please help? I dunno how to do a voice file thingie...

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2007, 02:19:13 AM »
@PinkBunny
If you have a headset, you should be able to record voices with Window's Recorder program thingy... (dunno what it's called in English :? )

I might do samples of Watanabe or/and Il Palazzo...
Maybe my voice sucks though...

Bleh, maybe...
Do we get a script with lines of each character you need..?

Also, i will see if i can finish making the missing art for the current project...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

excel-kleinwald

• Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2007, 02:39:21 AM »
with windows you can use the sound recorder as explained by eh-chan before.

to get there click on start, programs, accessories, entertainment, then sound recorder and you can save those files.

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2007, 05:04:35 AM »
@PinkBunny:

What those guys said.  Use the sound recorder, record something, save the file, then do file->new to start a new file.

@Micki!:
You won't get a script until you are chosen to voice a character.  For auditions, just read your favorite line(s) from the manga for the character(s) you are auditioning for.  You can send the voice files through sendspace or you can send them to my e-mail address (which is now posted on my profile).

And actually, I'm thinking of maybe doing this project first.  I don't know, I have to think about it for a while.  But Excel Saga! seems like an utter joke compared to this.  I really came up with Excel Saga! because I wanted to do an Excel flash, but couldn't think of a good enough idea to do a real story.  I'll see what happens.

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2007, 09:47:13 AM »
I don't have time to audition this morning... I have a really crappy work schedule and I need to run errands all over the place before I go to work. I did upload a chapter of the fandub that I did. It's not the best chapter, but I'm in it a lot because I play Hitomi.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/n4gsys

I can't upload the whole movie because it's huuuuuuuge and I'm not good enough with codecs to shrink it down to a reasonable size by myself. XD;;

I'M Eh-chan!

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2007, 10:04:02 AM »
Awesome!  I listened to a little bit of it and it sounds great so far!  (I'll listen to it better tonight)!

And as a note to the forum in general and everyone else thinking of auditioning:

I've never watched Excel Saga with the English dub.  So I really have no idea what they sound like in English (except for the brief moments during the menus of DVD # 2 and 3).  What I'm trying to say is you don't have to attempt to sound like the English voice actors.  I won't be picking people based on how close they sound to the existing actors.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2007, 10:23:52 AM »
Quote from: "I'M Eh-chan!"
I won't be picking people based on how close they sound to the existing actors.
That's probably the best way to go about it.

As long as a voice actor can at least convey the personality of their character, that would be the main thing.

But since Elgala has unfortunately never been given a voice, I'm particularly interested in what starcat will come up with. b^_^

Oh, and I'm downloading Uncreativity's file right now as I'm interested in previewing her voicework myself.