Author Topic: Transformers - The Movie  (Read 8918 times)

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers - The Movie
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 11:00:18 AM »
already seen it as it came out on the 19th in the UK (Dunno why) and I can say this about it. Watching it feels exactly like watching one of the G1 episodes :ehail: the plot is like the first one and mikaela's clothing leaves almost little to the imagination but it is an improvement over the 1st one THANK YOU GOD!!!

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 01:47:13 PM »
I thought it was a great film, I didn't see much point to that chap megatron seem to be serving though, since supposedly he is supposed to be in charge of the decepticons.  I am glad that they made starscream more of a suck up.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2009, 03:29:29 PM »
Watching it feels exactly like watching one of the G1 episodes :ehail:
Awesome! :ehail:
I thought it was a great film, I didn't see much point to that chap megatron seem to be serving though, since supposedly he is supposed to be in charge of the decepticons.
hmm.. I've heard something about that. Michael Bay is reinventing things maybe too much. Far as I'm concerned, Megatron doesn't answer to anyone. And the ONLY time he ever did was with Unicron in the old animated movie.... and that was temperary.

I am glad that they made starscream more of a suck up.
Excellent! The first movie had almost nothing for his character development. This'll be great to see.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 01:31:14 PM »
I just hope the make a third movie

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 07:31:43 AM »
they are they'll start filming in late august for an early 2011 release. there's even a competition by T-mobile to win a part in the movie (an extra most likely)

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2009, 02:22:35 PM »
Just a question off subject but does any one collect the g1 series of transformers

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2009, 02:52:50 PM »
got them (in fact I have almost all of Takara aswell except victory)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »
Just a question off subject but does any one collect the g1 series of transformers
I have all Constructicons to make Devastator.
Thrust
Dinobot: Sludge
Junkion: Wreck-Gar
Insecticons: Kick Back, and Shrapnel
Triple changer: Astrotrain
Combaticon: Vortex

I bought all of these when they first hit the store shelves years ago and refuse to part with them. Have all the boxes and packaging too. ^^

I saw Revenge of the Fallen today and you're very right HA1L, it felt a lot like the ol' G1 days. Great stuff!

My personal gripe: Well they got Frank Welker to do voice work this time and they got him to reprise his role as Soundwave. Too bad they didn't process his voice properly like years ago. He sounded like Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget (which he also did the voice for). It would've been the icing on the cake had they done that right. So many Soundwave fans out there.

Oh well, it was great to have Frank back again anyways - even if he didn't voice Megatron. :lordilsmile:

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2009, 12:21:29 PM »
More likely they saved his voice for the game. 
Out of the g1 stuff I own is:

The Combaticons currently in there bruticus form
Skywarp (re-release g1)
Blitzwing (re-release g1)
Apeface or apespit (I can't quite remember his name)
Starscream (2000 release, not true g1 representation)
ramjet (2000 release, not true g1 representation)
Galvatron (G1 japanese, with full sound including the commical jap speaking)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2009, 02:34:26 PM »
^I think his name is Apeface.

And that Japan version of Galvatron could be worth some serious money to collectors.

You're lucky. I wish I had all parts to Bruticus as I was only able to get Vortex at the time. Those things literally flew off the shelves. Wasn't quick enough. T_T

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2009, 12:56:22 PM »
Trus me bruticus was a hard one to come by complete, I paid about £70 for him, unfortunately due to fault with the main body component onslaught, I had to take him back and get him changed, likely it was for the same one.  I only paid about £65 for galvatron and he was fully boxed.  Almost came across a trypticon, unfortunately some one had already resevered him.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2009, 09:34:49 AM »
My personal gripe: Well they got Frank Welker to do voice work this time and they got him to reprise his role as Soundwave. Too bad they didn't process his voice properly like years ago. He sounded like Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget (which he also did the voice for). It would've been the icing on the cake had they done that right. So many Soundwave fans out there.[/color]

actually he did do the right voice, the only thing seperating Dr Claw and soundwave is a voice modulator (if you listen to soundwave closely in a G1 episode he uses Dr Claw's voice plus in the episode called webworld they forgot the modulator )

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2009, 01:46:06 PM »
actually he did do the right voice, the only thing seperating Dr Claw and soundwave is a voice modulator (if you listen to soundwave closely in a G1 episode he uses Dr Claw's voice plus in the episode called webworld they forgot the modulator )
I remember that. And it bothered me back then too. :il_hahaha:

Seriously, I can do a great Dr. Claw impersonation if I say so myself. heh..

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2009, 12:21:03 PM »
Here we go again with another movie... nearly two years later (Already?? Where does the time go?! lol!) we have a sequel: Revenge of the Fallen which starts coming out this week.

Who is psyched to see this one? Thoughts?

Something else to note: this year marks the 25th anniversary of The Transformers since their debut back in '84.....

......... 25 years... holy shitaki mushrooms... O_o

i got to meet the original cartoon optimus prime
we actually went out to dinner and stuff. but i dont eat shrimp so i had a burger while everyone else was eating shrimp x3
>:/

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2009, 12:05:12 PM »
The second film was a great movie, I saw it twice, I saw GI Joe last saturday, it was good but the whole rise of cobra thing didn't really happen until the end