Author Topic: What game did you buy most recently?  (Read 93478 times)

Mad Hatteress

Re: What game did you buy most recently?
« Reply #375 on: August 15, 2009, 10:06:14 AM »
Princess Debut for the DS. A.K.A the most disturbing E rated game ever.

I like music games, so I thought even though it was aimed at younger girls I might like it since you dance to classical music. What the back of the box doesnt' reveal is that more of a... a... DATING SIMULATOR!

The dancing is simply tracing a ball around in circles or lines while you find a prince to dance with, so far which have been very creepy. One is too obsessed with his sister and wants to be your partner if you speak to him in ways that remind him of her. He even tries to get you to dress like her *shudders*. Another is a big flirt that even continues to do so if you marry him at the end with the MC just saying "I know that he'll only love me and it keeps me on my toes!". WTF? The third... The third is really conrolling and barges into you bedroom without knocking to wake you up at ungodly hours of the morning. I'm on a fourth now that plays some really childish prank and I hate him.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 15, 2009, 12:20:04 PM »
^ yes sounds truly disturbing, ok if your a girl though I suppose, I came across an ouran game for the ds (usual in jap, so not very easy to play and looked suspiciously like a dating sim)

Dechan

• Talks Like Sumiyoshi
  • Unemployed
  • LET ME TELL YOU THIS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 16, 2009, 10:20:50 AM »
Bought Yakuza 1 and 2 for the PS2... Turned out to be some of the best games ever. ;D

I really can't agree with you anymore on that. It's like Streets of Rage meets Shenmue meets Japanese gangster flick. It's like badassery of the highest order.

Shame that Yakuza 3 is a Japan-only release, I couldn't imagine enjoying it without knowing what was properly going on.

Also; I finished Star Ocean 4 in QUICK time. It was fun but stupidly easy.

Street Fighter 4 is like... Oh man, it is awesome, but I guess anyone who wasn't an arcade rat back in the early '90s wouldn't really understand. It's like nostaligia and a great fighting game at the same time. If you were an arcade rat in the early '90s and are kinda on the fence with this because of the crap like Tekken etc. that have been dominating the fighter market as of late, don't be afriad, it really is Street Fighter through and through.

The online has some annoying/cheap Sagat and Ken players in the ranking matches, but an okay Ryu(or anyone else, my friend who uses Zangief can destroy them) can deal with them once you learn their patterns. Once they realise you've got their patterns down, they just panic and don't know what to do and you can deal with them pretty swiftly.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2009, 12:43:44 PM »
^ one of the many reasons I traded in sf 4,  no originality in moves, it's just a pity they didn't put an online option which prevented you or and opponent being tempted to use the same move again and again, though I can't say much, I managed to catch a few people off gaurd by using akuma and letting my super guage charge and then pumpling enough energy off the opponent to pull off the shun goku satsu,

Dechan

• Talks Like Sumiyoshi
  • Unemployed
  • LET ME TELL YOU THIS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 19, 2009, 05:27:40 PM »
The way I do SF4 now is that I pick my opponents. I just go on various forums and AIM and ask my friends if they got the game and live. Hell, I even had a party game of MvC2 where no Cable or Iron Man crap occured in an entire 4 hour session on Saturday afternoon.

I find that your average person only really want to show off how "cool" and "badass" they are. Where in reality they're just annoyances to 90% of people who just wanna have some fun. I found this out playing Football Manager Live, where people used engine breaking 4-6-0(no attackers) formations that because of the midfield flood, you couldn't get the ball past the halfway line and it was no fun at all. It put me off online games for ages, but as I say, after finding some cool dudes and playing with them in one of the cheapest games ever(MvC2) with no use of crappy tactics that online play is only good if you find the right people first.

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #380 on: August 19, 2009, 10:17:48 PM »
Got Shadow Complex.  Very fun game but quite short, I beat it in under 8 hours getting 100% of the items.

And it is a complete Metroid ripoff, down to needing missiles to break red doors, Space Jump, Varia Suit, and Hyperboots.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 21, 2009, 12:46:38 PM »
Almost got tempted to buy Sonic Adventure for my Lap top, and then it suddenly dawned on me that though my laptop as the specs, I incur the same problems I had with soldier of fortune 2 crappy slow downs, I hate my lap top

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 23, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »
Picked up Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army and MDK (Murder Death Kill). ;D

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 23, 2009, 01:06:56 PM »
Brilliant! You now own the game with the longest title ever!  :il_hahaha: No, really, it's a good buy. MDK sounds interesting too. I'm guessing you kill things! :D
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 23, 2009, 01:13:47 PM »
Brilliant! You now own the game with the longest title ever!  :il_hahaha: No, really, it's a good buy. MDK sounds interesting too. I'm guessing you kill things! :D
I had heard good things about MDK, and it was only $10, so I grabbed it while I could. It's actually really funny and a lot of fun, from the little bit I've played of it. :)

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 23, 2009, 02:48:29 PM »
Sounds fun, actually! I tease, but shooters are certainly fun once in a while. Stress relief, man. And the art style does look cool!
Now look what you made me do: I wiki'd and the ending song is catchy, french, and awesome, fyi.
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #386 on: August 23, 2009, 06:56:22 PM »
Picked up Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army and MDK (Murder Death Kill). ;D

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ehail: I'm so happy for you, Foggle!!!!!!!!!! :elhail:

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #387 on: August 25, 2009, 10:41:39 AM »
Bleh... Spent WAY more than I planned to. I went to Game Stop for Final Fantasy: Dissidia and walked out with that, Fatal Frame 3, and a reserve on Fragile.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 28, 2009, 04:48:43 PM »
i've come here to get recommendations. firstly console wise - i love to collect so give me a game to scream about, and i'll probably buy the console. For now i want a GOOD ps2 game. I bought one to finally get those games you can't get on XBOX and now i'm thinking - what were they again? I like RPGs. Yes, you heard me. I like ones with a plot and something you are trying to achieve. I DO NOT want a sims copy unless it truly is entertaining. My favourite games ever are the Kotor series and i want something like that. Or anything else thats good. so - action, plot, nothing too comlicated and interaction with other characters. BTW - i don't like stuff M+15 for blood and gore.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 28, 2009, 04:58:32 PM »
Get God Hand. It's rated M but it really should be T. It's super fun, creative, actually difficult (as opposed to cheap like CoD 4 Veteran mode), and hilarious. Best PS2 game out there, IMO.