Author Topic: Pissing me off....  (Read 8572 times)

super llama

• Giant Enemy Llama
  • Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Pissing me off....
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2007, 09:36:25 PM »
Anime series that veer off from their manga counterparts don't automatically suck (look at Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.) I also remember that from all the changes to the storyline in the FMA anime were made before production was started and they were approved by the original manga-ka (who's name escapes me at the moment. ;_;) I like both series and I think both have their merits (I prefer the manga to the anime overall, though I like the way the homunculi are handled in the anime more than the manga.)
All these college professors teaching classes about Shakespeare, who was the 16th-century equivalent of a director of summer-blockbusters, makes me wonder if 500 years from now we'll have college courses on the subtle nuances of Michael Bay movies.

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
Re: Pissing me off....
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2007, 10:46:14 PM »
I suppose that is true, but seriously I am now reading the light novel series of Suzumiya Haruhi and learning quite a bit about what the hell was going on in the series.

The anime itself was amazing it was 99.9% intune with the light novel.

But my main reference to this is the second novel "The Sighs of Suzumiya Haruhi" in which the novel focused on the making of the movie they did. Reading it I finally understood wtf was going on in some of the scenes of the anime.

That point where Nagato tackled down Asahina and the talking cat as well as some other things were explained. (wont say because it would spoil it)

Hopefully the second season will follow up on this.

The only difference with the novel and the anime was that Haruhi never played the guitar during the festival, she had Nagato do it while she just strictly sung and they did 4 songs

I have to find a time in the near future to go back and restore the world.
                 -Kyon